-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Another vote for the Oehler. I've had a 35 pre P since the early 90s. Early on there was a problem, but Oehler fixed & updated the unit at no charge. The empty port is there to install the printer now. It still works great. The only complaint is that this time of year if I get to the range a bit later than usual, when the sun gets low around 3pm the screens dont pick up the shot sometimes or I get a flashing display meaning the proof channel disagrees with the other channel. There have been a couple of these units sit for weeks in the classifieds for such a good price I considered buying it for a spare. Just in case.

I cant understand why makers put the $$ part out where it can get shot. Scheiss happens. I've shot 2 skyscreens over the life of the chrono. Both times with full power 44 mag from a 6" pistol, both times it was the stop screen. First time cost $25, the last time it cost $45 for a new screen.

Labradar looks interesting but is more $$ & has its own set of quirks that may be improved if they get some competition. Magnetospeed is another imperfect, but much cheaper, option.

Sacred cows make good burgers when you know what temperature to cook them at.-Rev. Billy
HR IC

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
LabRadar fixes shooting your chrono.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by devnull

True enough, but what about people who want to shoot their chronograph? smile

I remember how pleased I was when I brought that Chrony home. Time and science advance though. What was cool, becomes crap. laugh

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Puddle
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

I also have a Magnetospeed, and a Pro Chrono, ...

Yup. I ordered up a MagnetoSpeed...

I treated myself to a MagnetoSpeed V3 for Christmas. I've used it a few times and really like it so far.

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I've accidentally shot mine twice. Next time will be on purpose.

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by pullit
I killed one but not by shooting it, but dropped it coming back from the range. It flew into a lot of pieces and never worked right after that

I killed a useless POS Pact by throwing it over the roof of the tractor shed…. almost thirty years ago……

Bit the bullet ( so to speak) and bought a M35.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Originally Posted by devnull

True enough, but what about people who want to shoot their chronograph? smile

I remember how pleased I was when I brought that Chrony home. Time and science advance though. What was cool, becomes crap. laugh

Buy a Labradar, THEN shoot your old chronograph….

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I am happy with my Pro Chrono and Magnetospeed. 😋

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Never killed one....yet. But if you don't mind a little one upsmanship...I did crease the hood on my old Dodge PU.

My dad did that on a '78 powerwagon. Funny chidt.. I have the same kind of crease on the top of my chronograph..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I put the control box of my old PACT by thr 100yd target and gutted it with a 7mmRM. Moved on to Pro Chrono and Magnetospeed with much less fuss.

Now with even more aplomb
IC B3

P
Puddle Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
I've got a pile of cartridges & bullet combo's piling up waiting on the chrony. MagnetoSpeed says any week now, tho Mr. Brown is sayin' any month now... frown

It's you and the bullet, and all the rest is secondary.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'm on my second Pro- Chrono, this one with the Blue Tooth. I love them, been using them for 30 years. Tried a Magneto Speed but having to change all the spacers between rifles got to be a PITA.

Haven't shot one yet but I'm sure this will jinx me.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I put little wraps of bright tape on the metal upright rods high enough for my bullet to pass through when the horizontal crosshairs are on them. As long as the crosshairs are in the tape the bullet will go over the sensor not thru.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Buzzaw
I'm on my second Pro- Chrono, this one with the Blue Tooth. I love them, been using them for 30 years. Tried a Magneto Speed but having to change all the spacers between rifles got to be a PITA.

Haven't shot one yet but I'm sure this will jinx me.

The one I dropped was a Pro-Chrono and I too updated to the Blue Tooth model. It is still in the box, I guess I need to read up on it and see what it does the other one did not.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Well, I shot two chronographs to death, one accidental and the other a deliberate murder. The accidental was with a .44 Spl.. the bullet hitting one of the posts holding the diffuser. Must have scrambled the brains of the thing because it never worked after that. The deliberate killed on purpose was an Oehler Model 10; very frustrating to work with anyway and giving erratic readings. One dat I just said to hell with it and put a 180 Sierra Pro-hunt thought its gut and tossed the whole mess into the range trash can. Felt a hell of a lot better the rest of the day.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
P
Puddle Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Woo hoo! Big Brown delivered the chrony today. Time to get back to the range.

First up is 6.5 Staball and the 143 grain ELD-X. Hodgdon's H4350 load is spot on, so I'll compare that load against its Staball load and see what gives.

Hell, I might even take the time to read the chrony instructions ... laugh

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
You bought a MagnetoSpeed? Yeah, you'll read the instructions.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
P
Puddle Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Wise advice. Wise advice indeed.

I get to page 3 - the Parts List. Ok, there's 20 listed items. Not too bad. Let's go thru 'em.

1. V3 Bayonet Sensor. Check. Oh, wait - the top of the sensor has a nasty gash/scrape in it! Well, that kinda sucks.

Oh, but let's continue...

2. Check. 3. Check. 4 Check.

5. Alignment Rod. Uhh, where the hell is the alignment rod? This thing shipped with Inspector A and Inspector B both signing off on it without a freakin' alignment rod in it!

Screw the rest of the checks. This POS goes back today.

Pathetic...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Puddle, I would contact Kestrel/Magneetospeed And let them know your concerns. I had the little piece of plastic where the steps tucks on my bayonet break a few months ago, and they sent me a brand new one. I have the Sporter so I do not have an alignment rod, but I did buy one. I lost the SOB in not time, a Dow rod works better.

P
Puddle Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Well, MagnetoSpeed didn't mess around.

Tech Support agreed the mess with the sensor sucks and they're sending me an entire new kit.

I told them it was Ok by me, in fact, encouraged them to take the shrink wrap off and actually look inside to make sure everything is there and not fouled up BEFORE shipping it to me.

What a concept.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (257robertsimp, 1badf350, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 163bc, 63 invisible), 2,425 guests, and 1,146 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,490
Posts18,529,824
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.