Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by pete53
let`s put it this way why are non-resident licenses so high compared to residents in this these western states ? either all legal American citizens on Federal land pay resident license fees or everyone no mater what state you live in pay a Federal license fee to hunt Federal land and fed`s set the rules and laws . western states are abusing legal American citizens on Federal land with these high prices . someone has got to make it fare on Federal lands of America . if your a resident of Colorado when you get your large population of wolves established from your new legal liberal residents from California let me know how that`s working you better hope someone in Washington like Trump agrees to hunt wolves ,that`s when you will need the fed`s. sheesh back maybe try to quit smoke`n so much weed and think.

Pete, honestly you crack me up. What's your deal,, no one says shìt that stupid without trying.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

GB1

P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
smokepole , what makes you right ? these high price non-resident license fees are hurting the average hunter in American and that will hurt hunting even more for everyone or are you to foolish to understand what is happening ? some one needs to take back Federal land control we all own that land or do you wanna just see the rich hunting on it or just the wolves ? the other small part is the handi -cap rule /law in 46 states in America do have fare laws to benefit handi-cap hunters even Colorado does . another problem some very wealthy people are buying lots of land surrounding federal land so they are basically controlling some of that Federal land too and states are doing nothing about that either maybe its time the Feds step in grant hunter access on all Federal land , help handi cap hunters , lower prices on non-resident fees an example would be non-residents pay 3 times what a resident pays for a license. so if a resident pays $30.00 for a elk license a non-resident pays $90.00 not $700 ,800 or $900.00 that is just very wrong , that`s why the Feds need to step in to keep states and rich people from controlling federal land , charging these high prices on non-resident licenses and not allowing handi- cap people to hunt somewhat easier.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
We are being overrun by nonresident hunters in some units here in Idaho. Washington, California, Texas, Utah, and all the Mid western states. Tired of it. I would pay more as a resident for license and tags if IDFG would limit non resident tags.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Maybe if you want to kill [bleep] that bad the easiest way possible you should try a pay to kill elk ranch.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by PJ65
We are being overrun by nonresident hunters in some units here in Idaho. Washington, California, Texas, Utah, and all the Mid western states. Tired of it. I would pay more as a resident for license and tags if IDFG would limit non resident tags.
Idaho non-res tags ARE limited. This year's non-res deer and elk tags are already sold out except for the draw hunts. In those, non-res are limited to no more than 10% of the tags.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The old argument always comes up about non-residents being charged so much for hunting on federal land, belonging to everyone. That's true, it is public land. However, it's long established law that all game animals belong to the states whether they're on private or public land. You're free to wander all over federal land. You can hike, bike, take photos, camp, about everything. You just can't shoot STATE OWNED animals without paying for them.
The mountain states, because of weather and soil, can't handle nearly as many animals as the eastern states. For example, just to grab 2 states, AL has nearly 3 times more deer than Idaho has deer and elk combined, even though ID has 50% more land area. Much of that land is only usable by the animals for part of the year. They're forced to migrate each winter. If you add summer and winter ranges together, it can take twice the land to support them.
So many hunters want a chance at a really big elk or mule deer rack and there just aren't nearly enough animals to go around. Fish and Game departments are charged with regulating the hunting to keep animals numbers at optimum levels for the land. The one way that can do it is to limit the number of non-resident hunters. Those are state run agencies and their charges are state owned animals. They simply can't open it up to the world's hunters. The animal populations would be decimated in a year if it was.

― George Orwell

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
smokepole , what makes you right ?

It's not so much what makes me "right" pete, it's what makes you wrong. Regulation of hunting has always been at the state level, as regulation of most anything you can think of should be. The reach of the federal government and its control over our everyday activities like sports and recreation should be limited at every opportunity, not expanded. Anyone who advocates for more federal control and more federal regulation of hunting has his head firmly planted up his ass.

some one needs to take back Federal land control we all own that land or do you wanna just see the rich hunting on it or just the wolves ?

As Rock Chuck already said, you are free to use federal land but if you want to hunt or fish, you need to buy a license from the state you're in because the people of that state own the fish and game, and the people of that state get to set the fees. It's the same in every state pete, every state in the union sets higher fees for non-residents than residents. I believe you live in Minnesota but if not, just substitute in your state of residence, read what's below, and refute it if you can:

If people from all over the country wanted to come to (fill in the blank) to hunt whitetails and were willing to buy up all the tags for $500, (fill in the blank) would charge them $500. But people don't, so the non-resident fee is what it is, but it's always higher than the resident fee. Every state does that pete. If you do live in Minnesota, you have one thing going for you. You're right next to Wisconsin, so you should be able to find some inexpensive cheese to go with your whine.

And your question about whether I just want to see the rich hunting is an emotion-based red herring. Hunting licenses are affordable for residents of every state, and most people hunt close to home, especially beginners. Nice try though, class warfare always tugs at the heart strings. Hunting in someone else's state and taking someone else's big game is a privilege, not a right. What you believe you should pay for that privilege is irrelevant.

Once again pete, every state in the union charges higher fees to hunt and fish for non-residents than residents, which is as it should be. Your argument reminds me of an old joke that goes like this--A man walks into a bar and strikes up a conversation with a beautiful woman. He lets it slip that he's a multi-millionaire and asks her if she'd sleep with him for $1 million. She's offended at first, then she thinks about it and says yes. Then he says "How about $100?" Then she gets really offended and says "what do you think I am, a common whore?" To which he replies "we've already established that, now we're just haggling over the price."

The point being, if people from all over the country wanted to come to your state to hunt whitetails and were willing to pay $500 for the privilege, that's what your state would charge. It's just haggling over the price.

P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
smokey, states i believe have made an agreement 10 % or more of drawn licenses should be sold to non-residents and yes non-resident fees should be more but not 20-30 times as much as a resident license that`s just outrageous.also the Federal land in each state gets plenty Federal money and money grants for Federal land and that`s is American tax money from the blue color workers. i will say this at least Colorado allows handi - cap people to use a x-bow and that was great for some of us. my problem is i know a area in Montana better than the residents do and know how to tag a elk in bow season its just my shoulders are very bad even with surgery on both of them and at 68 years of age its hard to go learn a new area or a new state.

Last edited by pete53; 03/11/22.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
smokepole , what makes you right ? these high price non-resident license fees are hurting the average hunter in American and that will hurt hunting even more for everyone or are you to foolish to understand what is happening ? some one needs to take back Federal land control we all own that land or do you wanna just see the rich hunting on it or just the wolves ? the other small part is the handi -cap rule /law in 46 states in America do have fare laws to benefit handi-cap hunters even Colorado does . another problem some very wealthy people are buying lots of land surrounding federal land so they are basically controlling some of that Federal land too and states are doing nothing about that either maybe its time the Feds step in grant hunter access on all Federal land , help handi cap hunters , lower prices on non-resident fees an example would be non-residents pay 3 times what a resident pays for a license. so if a resident pays $30.00 for a elk license a non-resident pays $90.00 not $700 ,800 or $900.00 that is just very wrong , that`s why the Feds need to step in to keep states and rich people from controlling federal land , charging these high prices on non-resident licenses and not allowing handi- cap people to hunt somewhat easier.

When you can't even spell fair or punctuate and capitalize a sentence I'm sure a lot in life doesn't seem fair.

""Mute the Greeniacs. Open the pipeline. Bury the Russians." - JPR - 2022
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Says the guy who came over to LRH looking for a Lawyer to sue Montana for " easy" money how did that work out for you ( Twolf) Pete53.
I guarantee you my shoulders are no better than yours but I manage to still get out there find a way instead of wanting to sue Montana just to get Peter. You have 46 other states to hunt what a fugging JOKE!!
You really wanna see disabled come around and ill let my wife show you disabled in her special education school then cry everbody a river.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Pete, did you see this?

Originally Posted by smokepole
I believe you live in Minnesota but if not, just substitute in your state of residence, read what's below, and refute it if you can:

If people from all over the country wanted to come to (fill in the blank) to hunt whitetails and were willing to buy up all the tags for $500, (fill in the blank) would charge them $500. But people don't, so the non-resident fee is what it is, but it's always higher than the resident fee.

One last thing pete. As far as crossbows in Montana, I believe the people of Montana are the ones who get to make that call, and as a non-resident I have no say in the matter.

If I don't like their regulations, my options are to 1) get over it; 2) hunt the rifle season; or 3) hunt somewhere else. The one option that I don't have is to insist that the people of Montana change their regulations to suit me.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Since you are so adamant re the Feds making decisions on Federal land with regards to hunting license costs and weapons that should be allowed. Let us take it further. The Feds are pushing Electric Vehicles...Should the feds be allowed to mandate to the State, that all hunters on Federal land only use EV's on designated roads open to travel?

Should they set the hours that hunting is permitted? The season length???? Should they, should they?????

How much more power are you willing to give to the Feds....because you happen to have a couple bad shoulders and don't think something is fair? Especially when there are already other options that allow you to participate.

Last edited by battue; 03/11/22.

laissez les bons temps rouler
P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
yep you boys are very funny and selfish but continue on in the dark.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
No pete, you're the one being selfish.

You want the state of Montana to change its rules to suit your own personal situation and you don't even live there.

Grow up.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Maybe they should open those wilderness areas up to 4 wheelers since some guys are too old or crippled or out of shape to hike in or ride a horse.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Would it surprise anyone if I told you I've known more than one "bowhunter " with no physical impairments who told me they had a friend who was a doctor that would write the letter for them?

Maybe that's why Montana said no to crossbows.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Wouldn’t surprise me a bit. In fact back when OK required a Dr note for Xbow permits I knew several guys who had one due to a “bad back”. 😉

Maybe the Mt people who make the rules are like me and don’t think modern crossbows are archery.

I don’t know but I do know that hollering “I’m gonna tell my mom”, to get the federal government involved is about the last thing anybody needs. Think of all the things the government has fuuckked up, yep pretty much everything they’ve ever been involved with, and you want to include our favorite pastime in that mess? You need your head examined.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Just me- I'd like to see a "hunting season "
for my state. Use whatever you want as
long as you can make a clean kill and
recover your game. Too many not going and
looking for their animal if it doesn't fly off
it's feet at the shot.
To me it's about like when bass fishing was
the big fad here, and all these yuppies would
boo hoo to see us putting legal bass in the
cooler to clean and eat later
Hunt your own hunt and let me hunt mine

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ranger99
Just me- I'd like to see a "hunting season "
for my state. Use whatever you want as
long as you can make a clean kill and
recover your game. Too many not going and
looking for their animal if it doesn't fly off
it's feet at the shot.
To me it's about like when bass fishing was
the big fad here, and all these yuppies would
boo hoo to see us putting legal bass in the
cooler to clean and eat later

Hunt your own hunt and let me hunt mine
Years ago I had a job where I dealt with elite fly fishermen. To them, the worst crime you could commit was to actually eat a fish. They worshiped them.

― George Orwell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yep you boys are very funny and selfish but continue on in the dark.

#democrat

Frankly, anyone advocating for the federal government to begin meddling in state affairs is intellectually handicapped.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 160user, 59 invisible), 2,020 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,879
Posts18,479,058
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.