Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pete53

good for you sir ! some people on this site don`t understand old bowhunters many of us started with a long bow we never had it easy from the beginning with like a compound bow ,release aid ,80 % letoff ,pre sharpened broadheads , sights ,peeps we hunted barebow and bows were drawn then held and released by our fingers, we helped establish archery seasons . but now that we are old and have health issues these new boys in archery just wanna throw us under the bus tell us to stay home . its funny my 30 year old son who has won many state and national titles in archery in the hard classes with 300 scores set records with 300`s 60 x`s also has shot large bull elk on public land with me and whitetail - muledeer too with his bow. son also feel`s we should allow handi-cap hunters to use a x-bow in archery season ,son says what is the big deal we can only tag one animal per legal license per year and us old bowhunters our years are numbered anyway and we can`t get around well either anyway . myself and no i am not staying home to die i have hunted with a bow for almost 60 years now you have to be a real bowhunter who has followed blood trails to understand the reason.

Thank goodness you were better around electricity than you are around paragraphs and the english language.

Ahhhh yes, more ceaseless-son-ramblings. Same son that killed the biggest elk in Montana a few years back yet no way to substantiate?

No one is pushing anyone to the side here. And before you go claiming prejudice, it sure seems like just yesterday you were chastising the "girly-men" on the fire for using low-recoiling rifles and that they should all "man-up" to magnums. crazy crazy

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm 73 and had shoulder surgery this winter. I just got the ok to start lifting some weights to get some strength back in it. It remains to be seen whether I can get back enough to use a compound. I might find out that a x-bow is necessary. We'll see.
Some years ago I could tell that my legs weren't going to be hauling meat for too many more years so I got into pack llamas. I can't carry much more than my rifle and a light day pack but I can easily go 5 miles or more with a string of llamas behind me.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Skane , your PM.`S you have sent me in the past and what you post are telling or showing me you need to get back on your medications . try to move back into a more positive thought process and go get some medical help with some positive thinking and you will feel better then . just repeat this and this should help you some too : i am a big boy now i can be positive , repeat i am a big boy now i can be positive ,good luck, Pete53

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pete, I'd be willing to bet I use more laugh and grin in my posts than nearly anyone here because I believe in keeping things light.
But I also refuse to suffer fools and you're nearly without peer in that regard.

Oh, and, to save you the trouble of having to type it response - I would indeed say that to your face. smile

WWP53D
P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by SKane
Pete, I'd be willing to bet I use more laugh and grin in my posts than nearly anyone here because I believe in keeping things light.
But I also refuse to suffer fools and you're nearly without peer in that regard.

Oh, and, to save you the trouble of having to type it response - I would indeed say that to your face. smile

oh its no trouble , get some help and better medication and just keep saying to yourself : i am a big boy i can be positive. > thank you for your response but try to be a little more positive

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Can you imagine a hunting camp with ole Petey, Sharp stains, and Varmint Guy?

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by GregW

glad to see your negative comments again too , oh boy this should be fun . just a minute i will make a big bowl of popcorn ,grab a pop and read you boys comments ! thanks for charming in . all`s i can say is we need a little humor waiting for the weather to get better , so like i said give me a minute . thank you ,Pete53

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

No, but since you're a guide I'm sure you can.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

glad to see your negative comments again too , oh boy this should be fun . just a minute i will make a big bowl of popcorn ,grab a pop and read you boys comments ! thanks for charming in . all`s i can say is we need a little humor waiting for the weather to get better , so like i said give me a minute . thank you ,Pete53

pete, you accused all of us of throwing older hunters under the bus and telling you to stay home. And then want to play the "nice guy" when you get the inevitable responses. So stop the passive aggressive bullsh*t.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by battue
Originally Posted by FoxTrotter
Interesting discussion so here is my two cents.
After shooting and hunting with a bow for close to 70 years I can no longer pull back and holds a bow.
I'm now permanently cross bow legal in NV, UT, AZ, CA, with only CO giving me a hard time.
Last year I hunted the spike archery season in UT. At 76 years of age it allowed me to get off my butt and explore some beautiful Utah country. Never got closer than 200 yards to an elk but had a great time.
The year before I pulled an archery bull tag in AZ and took 1 shot resulting in taking a 6x6 bull.
Just because we get old or we are a NR doesn't mean we should stay home watching tv instead of being out in woods listening to the bulls bugle.

good for you sir ! some people on this site don`t understand old bowhunters many of us started with a long bow we never had it easy from the beginning with like a compound bow ,release aid ,80 % letoff ,pre sharpened broadheads , sights ,peeps we hunted barebow and bows were drawn then held and released by our fingers, we helped establish archery seasons . but now that we are old and have health issues these new boys in archery just wanna throw us under the bus tell us to stay home . its funny my 30 year old son who has won many state and national titles in archery in the hard classes with 300 scores set records with 300`s 60 x`s also has shot large bull elk on public land with me and whitetail - muledeer too with his bow. son also feel`s we should allow handi-cap hunters to use a x-bow in archery season ,son says what is the big deal we can only tag one animal per legal license per year and us old bowhunters our years are numbered anyway and we can`t get around well either anyway . myself and no i am not staying home to die i have hunted with a bow for almost 60 years now you have to be a real bowhunter who has followed blood trails to understand the reason.

Pete.

Here the archers get a 7 week season in the best time of the year....traditional bow, compound or cross... I know some who could be using traditional or compound, but....no they are using crossbows. Now get this..almost 50% of the Bucks in Pa are killed by the archery crowd in their 7 week season. And most of the big Bucks are killed by them. That leaves the rifle hunters with a 2 week season. I'm not against old bowhunters...it is to the point I am against the whole crew and how far they have taken the original one week traditional bow season they originally lobbied for.

Now...Here in Pa the young kids can shoot Bucks without being concerned with antler restrictions. And I'm all for it...Now the GC in their benevolence, gives the short time old farts a special early 3 day rifle season..But guess what, they can only shoot a Doe with the required purchased Doe tag. Yet, I don't any hear any of them complaining about being old, having hunted for years, having little time left, and not being given a special opportunity to shoot a rifle Buck on those three days. When the weather is warm and it isn't that far off from the rut. Yet the archers, young and old have the best of times. You think maybe the archers would be willing to give up three days to the old rifle hunters...Nope won't happen.

I for one, am tired of the archery crew getting their azz kissed...Young or old.

It's much the same here. So why not get a crossbow and join them ?

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by smokepole

pete, you accused all of us of throwing older hunters under the bus and telling you to stay home. And then want to play the "nice guy" when you get the inevitable responses. So stop the passive aggressive bullsh*t.

That's the MO, don't forget the victim part too.

- Greg

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Pete, why'd you take what I said negatively? You and Sharp Stains get along great from what I've seen. That's weird you took it that way...

- Greg

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The ultimate stooge-trifecta. And safariman could pinch hit or play pivot. smile

WWP53D
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Why would I join them….when each year they are looking to find a way to intrude on rifle Deer? Now we see some are looking to add pneumatic weapons to their season.

laissez les bons temps rouler
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Face it Harry, you just want to throw older hunters under the bus and make 'em stay home.

I used to think the same as you.
Until I realized I was one........

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I won’t be content until the AARP is gone.😀 Matter of fact they are little better being anti-gun and all. Wouldn’t be surprised if Pete is a member.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by battue
Why would I join them….when each year they are looking to find a way to intrude on rifle Deer? Now we see some are looking to add pneumatic weapons to their season.

I bought a crossbow and joined in the fun last year. Filled both of my archery tags in short order. Seemed like a better option than sitting around bitching about them having the best part of the season to me.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I’m not interested in joining when it increasingly has a negative outcome on my fun.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Your choice. Meanwhile I'll continue to kill deer. It's not my favorite way to hunt but it allows me to legally kill more deer while the weather is warmer and rutting bucks are on the move.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Anymore, one rifle Buck a year is enough for me. Haven’t bought a Doe tag for around 4 years. And usually hunting Grouse or Pheasants during archery.

Most likely will this year since my Grandson wants to go.

Last edited by battue; 03/13/22.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

88 members (808outdoors, B52RadarNav, 35, ar33c9, 10Glocks, 308ld, 8 invisible), 1,210 guests, and 756 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,688
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.