-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tikka is my pick, haven’t seen a bad one.

GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by Mach3
Tikka t3x in a krg bravo.

I'd have one if KRG made it in long/standard action

They are sweet. And it gets you an aics mag

I'm putting a 6.5 creedmoor together with this setup as we speak. I went with a new takeoff CTR barrel, Area 416 self timing muzzle break, 20 moa rail, Bushnell DMR3 with G4 reticle, and AICS mags. Also ordered a bunch of stuff from mountain tactical so no plastic.

It is almost impossible to beat a tikka with ANYTHING and I don't care what it is. They are the most dependable and functional rifle that is available today and I'd take one over any of the $2500 customs if I could only pick one

Last edited by Trystan; 03/15/22.

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by OGB
Being a lefty (as frustrating as it can be) actually simplifies things sometimes. Every time a new rifle or new design of an old one comes out, I look it up, discover that it isn't offered as a lefty and dismiss it.

Would like a feildcraft or any # of kimbers but.....

Browning makes lefties. Got a SS, A bolt, in 280. Awesome rifle, wish it was a 270 though.

Got a T3x 30-06. Is about everything I want in a PBGR.

Sometimes it's about what's available to you.

I’m right handed and left eye dominant so I’ve shot left handed since I was 12. The only left handlers I have are two Stag Ar’s and my Lyman flintlock. I think I’d struggle with a lh bolt action because I’m so use to seeing into the action without tilting the gun and working the bolt with my right hand. It would definitely be speaking Greek to me.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by shinbone
Browning X-bolts can be pretty nice. This is from my wife's stock X-Bolt Medallion in 6.5CM shooting Norma Factory ammo. Beautiful gun, and I like the extra scope clearance the short bolt throw provides.

[Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com]

[Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com]

Very nice. This is one of my "overpriced sticker guns"

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Beautiful piece of wood on that rifle! It’s not a rifle I would own, but appreciate the wood. As long as we’re talking about wood… Are stocks ever made out of cherry? I don’t remember ever seeing one and maybe there is a reason for that.

Last edited by 450BM; 03/15/22.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Trystan
Am I understanding correctly, mostly a feeding issue and complaints about the relatively short magazine?

Tylerw02,

If you have to ask for someone to validate your feelings you might be confused

[/quote]

I didn’t ask for validation. But glancing over a 30+ page thread that was all I saw. So GFY.

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

I'm putting a 6.5 creedmoor together with this setup as we speak. I went with a new takeoff CTR barrel, Area 416 self timing muzzle break, 20 moa rail, Bushnell DMR3 with G4 reticle, and AICS mags. Also ordered a bunch of stuff from mountain tactical so no plastic.

It is almost impossible to beat a tikka with ANYTHING and I don't https://rifleshooter.com/2016/06/30...-175-and-220-smk-with-h110-and-imr-4227/ care what it is. They are the most dependable and functional rifle that is available today and I'd take one over any of the $2500 customs if I could only pick one

Sounds biased and ignorant. Looks par.

M
Mach3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M

It is almost impossible to beat a tikka with ANYTHING and I don't care what it is. They are the most dependable and functional rifle that is available today and I'd take one over any of the $2500 customs if I could only pick one

The only good thing about a factory T3x is their triggers and accuracy. Their stocks suck, the location of the safety sucks, the bolt doesn't lock down. Barrel twists aren't the best, lack of options for a muzzle brake or suppressor. Oh and their ugly for the most part.

The accuracy is subjective anyway. My old Rem 700 308 could shoot better than a Tikka any day with factory ammo. And don't get me started on the new Benelli Lupo. That thing will shoot better than anything straight out of the box. But it's also ugly as hell.

Although, when factoring price, you're right, nothing beats a Tikka. But it definitely doesn't deserve all the overhyped fandom it gets.

Last edited by Mach3; 03/16/22.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
😂😂😂

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

The only good thing about a factory T3x is their triggers and accuracy. Their stocks suck, the location of the safety sucks, the bolt doesn't lock down. Barrel twists aren't the best, lack of options for a muzzle brake or suppressor. Oh and their ugly for the most part.

The accuracy is subjective anyway. My old Rem 700 308 could shoot better than a Tikka any day with factory ammo. And don't get me started on the new Benelli Lupo. That thing will shoot better than anything straight out of the box. But it's also ugly as hell.

Although, when factoring price, you're right, nothing beats a Tikka. But it definitely doesn't deserve all the overhyped fandom it gets.
My Tikka has a walnut stock, the safety is located just fine, is quiet to operate and it locks the bolt down when in the safe position. It also groups damn near anything you feed it under an inch at 100 yards and will shoot it's favored loads under .5".

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Mach 3 should just stop. I'm not sure he has ever seen a tikka.

IC B3

M
Mach3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Blackheart

My Tikka has a walnut stock, the safety is located just fine, is quiet to operate and it locks the bolt down when in the safe position. It also groups damn near anything you feed it under an inch at 100 yards and will shoot it's favored loads under .5".

You're probably right. But there are plenty of rifles that can do the same thing.

M
Mach3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Ky221
Mach 3 should just stop. I'm not sure he has ever seen a tikka.

Owned 2 of them actually. Don't own either anymore. They're not bad rifles at all. There's just nothing special about them. I've even seen Ruger Americans shoot just as good as a Tikka. Also, tell me about the long/standard actions when you want to run longer than most COAL hand loads. Impossible because the magazine design sucks. And this is a known problem with Tikka.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Can't say the stock, action length etc of a Tikka rifle has ever been a problem for me in any way.

Not loading super custom handloads or anything, mind. But other than it being a bit too light for my tastes (spot the guy who ain't mountain climbing)....cant say anything on the rifle is bad. At all.

Do others do the same? At the current price range, that's an interesting thought. Canadian prices wise, I am gonna say no. The Vanguard maybe?

Last edited by Igloo; 03/16/22.

But I'm a broken man on a Halifax pier,
The last of Barrett's Privateers
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by PintsofCraft
I guess for me Browning brand set itself apart in my earlier hunting days as the high gloss, high price, gold trigger, engraving & gimmick (the funky muzzle brake thing) gun maker. Ive always been a backcountry hunter and didn’t look at guns like that as something that would work for my needs.

This is exactly how my position on Browning was formed.
I've maintained that grudge my entire life. laugh

Same. The Browning Buckmark sticker was the original “salt life” sticker.

I will admit that Browning O/Us are of excellent quality/longevity and worth the coin. They also fit me like they were bespoke.

My feelings also, about the Browning CF's. I do have a Belgian Browning .22 Auto, sweet little gun. Also, even though I just don't like the idea of Japanese shotguns, I have a stainless BT 99 trap gun that has been bulletproof for thousands of rounds of trap over about 30 years.

Probably my favorite CF rifles are my Sako 85 in 6.5X55. and a couple of Ruger tangers.

Mathew 22: 37-39

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

Mach,
Honest question here. What factory rifle feeds and extracts better than a Tikka? What factory rifle has a better trigger than a Tikka? I get it that the ergos on the stock may not fit all and the magazines don't allow for OAL. I haven't found anything in factory form to come close to what it does offer.

O
OGB Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by 450BM
Originally Posted by OGB
Being a lefty (as frustrating as it can be) actually simplifies things sometimes. Every time a new rifle or new design of an old one comes out, I look it up, discover that it isn't offered as a lefty and dismiss it.

Would like a feildcraft or any # of kimbers but.....

Browning makes lefties. Got a SS, A bolt, in 280. Awesome rifle, wish it was a 270 though.

Got a T3x 30-06. Is about everything I want in a PBGR.

Sometimes it's about what's available to you.

I’m right handed and left eye dominant so I’ve shot left handed since I was 12. The only left handlers I have are two Stag Ar’s and my Lyman flintlock. I think I’d struggle with a lh bolt action because I’m so use to seeing into the action without tilting the gun and working the bolt with my right hand. It would definitely be speaking Greek to me.

I have known multiple guys who shot left handed but used righty bolt guns. They had their whole lives and would fumble around with a lefty bolt gun.
I'd be in the same boat with a lefty AR. 20+ years worth of reps with Uncle Sam's righty ARs.

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
I have owned 11 Tikka rifles (none at the moment) but maybe T3x Lite SS 30-06 soon...For their price range they are hard to beat and you Got to love that notorious Beretta customer service 😂.....just better hope you never need it like I did....Hb

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Kimber Montana for me. It's light, smooth, fits me well and shoots great.

It might be lonely at the top, but it's a bitch at the bottom.
M
Mach3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by devnull

Mach,
Honest question here. What factory rifle feeds and extracts better than a Tikka? What factory rifle has a better trigger than a Tikka? I get it that the ergos on the stock may not fit all and the magazines don't allow for OAL. I haven't found anything in factory form to come close to what it does offer.

All depends what price range you're talking. There are factory rifles much better than a Tikka, but you'd have to spend a bit more IMO.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Originally Posted by Buckshot77
Kimber Montana for me. It's light, smooth, fits me well and shoots great.

Ding! Ding! Ding! Give this man a cookie! 👍.....Hb

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

510 members (160user, 1234, 10gaugemag, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 222Sako, 1badf350, 54 invisible), 14,411 guests, and 1,575 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,057
Posts18,541,011
Members74,053
Most Online21,066
Yesterday at 07:15 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.