Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Almost all industries receive gov’t funding at some level. We all use government services many times every day. Lots of good folks providing those services, most you’ll never even meet. But rage on if it makes you feel better.

Last edited by WMR; 08/26/22.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never been a government employee, but have done government work at
almost every job I've had. Pretty hard to avoid it.

Hauled gov. freight.
Construction work that ended up on gov. projects, even private projects that
were receiving grants or tax breaks.
Driving dump truck, ended up on road jobs.
Factory work with jobs that were ultimately DOD projects.
Everytime we need to do an expensive upgrade the factory goes grant
shopping. They often get one.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I work for a small local.gov, no guilt here. Go to work do your fuqking job and don't whine about piddly schit.

There's no way I could work for State or Federal.gov.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Retired after 34 years with USDA. Helped keep farmers in business and food on your table. Pretty decent career path, good bit of personal satisfaction. Retired during the Obama years when it wasn’t fun anymore. Civil rights issues, selective hiring, reverse discrimination, made things unbearable. I called it a career and moved on.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by irfubar
Problem being the wages of .gov workers have far surpassed the wages of the taxpayers paying them..... can you say unsustainable?

Originally Posted by irfubar
Also factor in the arrogance of the average .gov employee........ pretty easy to despise them, especially the bureaucrat that produces nothing but interferes with the producers

Spot on...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
If we sit back and let the woke run the governments, we shouldn't bitch about what they do to us. We need to be proactive and change the way they do business and that is more effectively done by being on the inside.

I was a public school business manager for 35 years. In the last school district, we went from having the 2nd highest taxes to having the 2nd lowest. The only district with lower taxes was the smaller one I'd left, where we truly lowered taxes one year. Our scores were better than anyone in the area and we had the best facilities, building a new high school and middle school, and thoroughly renovating all the elementary schools. We built them right, to last a very long time, and our last bond issue was for only 15 years instead of the typical 20 or more. Our debt management alone saved taxpayers over $20 million. We watched the funds carefully and instead of going over budget, we saved enough to pay cash for a $3.5 million stadium renovation. Borrowing would have been the easy way, but much more expensive. If a woke leadership had been doing that, things would have been much more expensive.

Complain what you will, but without getting your hands dirty and working to fix it, our future is inevitable.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I work for the usda. 27th year. Love it, donated 5 weeks of annual leave last year along with 3 weeks of comp. If you love your work no vacation is needed

Last edited by rickmenefee; 08/26/22.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Spent a number of years in uniform and now draw a retirement. I also work as a contractor producing operator and maintenance manuals and conducting training for a new military vehicle. I guess you could say I’m comfortable working directly or indirectly for the government. Doesn’t mean I have to believe in or support everything they are doing.
Old70

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
What if you work for people... that work for the Government.

If the Blair House needs a paint job in the parlor... and the price is $1.78m.

Is that honorable work?

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by GAGoober
Originally Posted by Muffin
Originally Posted by Beaver10
I did for 24 years, Air Traffic Controller, never felt guilt or shame picking up my paycheck.............

PS: You're wlecome!

Major airport?

I’ve never been inside a tower. Seems like a fairly cool job, unless Harrison Ford is flying.

🦫

Never worked at an airport, I was one of those Controllers that 99% of the country doesn't even know exists.....

I did work the second busiest arrival route to the busiest airport in the world, allegedly...... the northwest feeder arrival to KATL.....

I was an enroute controller, and NEVER saw an airplane that I was working with my naked eye..... I worked in a very large room with no windows, at ATL, and about 45 Radar Scopes, during the busy part of the day we would have near 100 controllers 'plugged in'......

ATL ARTCC had about 400 active Controllers when I was there..........

However the busiest I have ever been was working at Jacksonville ARTCC...... that was a wild west show, most days!
Hey Muffin,
Did you ever know Gary Coots at ATL ARTCC?

Did not know him well, but I remember the name........

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Keep Paying your Taxes. We all work for the Crooked Government!!!

I Learned a long time ago to Separate My Want's from My Needs!

A man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I did for a lot of years. The job needed doing and I was glad to do it. There's still plenty of jobs that have honor and people who have integrity doing them in the .gov and .mil. Bad downswing right now but even with that, my previous statement stands.

A person who's happy will make others happy. Anne Frank
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We all work for the government until April or May every year.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Well...I'm credentialed by the government, but funded 100% by private industry. Conflicted maybe?

That opens up a whole nuther can of worms.

Why, in many applications, does govt do what private industry could do much better?

Yet, govt prevents private industry or companies from doing that...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by drop_point
We all work for the government until April or May every year.

It's more like until Thanksgiving.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by ingwe
Thats a stupid question. No one "works" for the govt.

They are just employed by the Govt.
LOL! I guess I did it wrong.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I been self employed so long I doubt I could work for anybody. I’m sure there are both hard workers and slugs employed by the government just like any organization. The issue I have with government employment is that it seems difficult to get rid of an employee if they are a slug.
I wouldn't generalize.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I retired at 38 after 20+ years of various self employed ventures.

Outta boredom I took a seasonal Federal job on Alaskas Bering Sea coast that was housing related.

Rewards vs efforts were positively ludicrous, no private business on earth could survive the costs with so little production involved.

At the end of this seasonal job I was placed into training for a year round position which paid far more than the $2800.00 a week seasonal job I'd been working. Two weeks into the training it became obvious there was to be far less required of me with this job that paid way more money.

I quit, I couldn't do it, I'd become part of the problem we have with our government, I didn't need a job anyway.

A guy has to look himself in the face every morning in the mirror.
All I could see was a guy fleecing the tax payers for profit, wasn't me, couldn't do it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Seafire
home was Fairfax County VA.... many of my family members/ relatives and to include both of my folks, worked for the Federal Government
in long careers. My mom worked 49 years in Civil Service, and the old man worked 26 years in the military and retired as an O 6. / Colonel.

by the time I was 12 years old, I knew I would never work for the Federal Government...

and I've kept that promise with the except of 2 Christmas seasons at the Post Office, one in College and one when I got off of Active Duty in the military... and then the 6 years I served in the military...

NOpe, not this guy....

I would never, except when I did - but that doesn't count.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
However the busiest I have ever been was working at Jacksonville ARTCC...... that was a wild west show, most days!

This Jacksonville ARTCC?:

Home - Jacksonville ARTCC
https://zjxartcc.org
Aug 13, 2022 · The Virtual Jacksonville ARTCC stands with the LGBTQIA+ community on VATSIM and displays the rainbow, transgender, and bisexual flags as a show of solidarity with the community. You are welcome here, and have our support. As a community with members of the LGBTQIA+ community, we recognize it is important to found and maintain a welcome

Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

479 members (19rabbit52, 007FJ, 222Sako, 308xray, 30Gibbs, 29aholic, 44 invisible), 1,734 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,015
Posts18,520,703
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.