-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was up on a mountain elk hunting, no cell service where we were at. Didn't find out till 2 days later when a buddy showed up to camp and told us what had happened, truly sad and shocking.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was in 2nd grade, we were out on the playground at recess. They brought us all inside immediately and shipped us home on the bus. I was too young to really understand what was happening.

-Matt

"The proof of the whisky is in the drinking, the proof of the rifle is in the shooting."
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Working in my office in the Firearms Wholesale Industry.
Watched live on the small TV I had on my desk.

Our phones quit ringing and didn’t ring for two days.

After that, they never stopped ringing 24/7 for the next 5 years.
We weren’t shipping handguns to NY at that time.
But we sold them a schitt load of 12 ga riot guns.
Seemed as if ever one in NY State bought one. 🤪

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I was building a deck onto a house in Atlanta. I was listening to am750 and they announced when the first plane hit. It was a bright sunny day in Atlanta. I remembered how a B24 flew into the Empire State Building in 1947 in a big rainstorm, so I figured it must be a rainy day up there in Manhattan.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was on a flight from New Orleans to Detroit.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I was just chilling at the house, wife had gone off to work, I was having coffee in bed watching the news....

... turned it on and they were reporting an airliner had crashed into a skyscraper.... i figured a controller screwed up....

...then saw the second plane hit the building, and at that moment I KNEW what was happening.....

Went to work that afternoon and by that time ALL the aircraft had been put on the ground.....

Oldman03 did you make it to Detroit, or did we make you land somewhere else???

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Returning to my office from somewhere, I don't remember where, when my secretary told me to get a news feed on my computer, quick...she was all shook up, wasn't even sure what was happening. I got on in time to see the second plane hit the towers.

Mathew 22: 37-39

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Now let's have a "where were you when Kennedy was shot" thread.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In my office working with a small 11" B&W TV playing. It was a shocker when the first reports came on. I watched the plane hit the second tower. I called to cancel my plane ticket to a Phoenix business meeting.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I was doing PT with my crew at Coast Guard Station Gulfport.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was a school resource officer at a high school with 1000 kids under one roof. My wife called me as I was walking toward my office and told me about an airplane hitting one of the towers. I told her "there is an air traffic controller about to have a bad day". Just as I said that one of the school secretaries stepped out of her office and into the hallway and yelled "a second plane just hit the other tower" just as my wife said the very same thing over the phone.

It was a very strange day indeed. We had no kids get in trouble for almost 2 weeks. They were the best well behaved bunch you ever saw. Unfortunately, it only lasted for 2 weeks.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
I was working in a gunshop, owners wife called to tell us what was happening, watched what we could on the computer.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Working in my office with two employees from morning until project completed in mid afternoon. No radio or TV. No phone calls unless business.

Found out about plane attacks when arrived home. Ignored until after supper and then watched TV news until I saw that only FOX news was worth watching. Bill O'Reilly I think. As a result, I swore off all TV News except FOX -- mainly because of Bill.

CRS, NRA Benefactor Life Member, Whittington Center, TSRA, DWWC, DRSS
Android Reloading Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by martinstrummer
Originally Posted by BamBam
Brooklyn New York watching the whole thing unfold in front of me. September 12, Ground Zero working. And that’s that.

For whatever you did, thank you for your service.

I’m a heavy equipment operator, operating engineers, New York. September 12 I was sitting on an excavator Picking through debris looking for survivors, bodies. what a freaking nightmare that place was, I was 40 years old and, it was like it was yesterday, Crazy time In my life!

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Muzzle loader elk hunting. Buddy just shot a big elk and we had a bear we had to check in with CPW. Only got partials on the news.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Brooklyn New York watching the whole thing unfold in front of me. September 12, Ground Zero working. And that’s that.

I’m a heavy equipment operator, operating engineers, New York. September 12 I was sitting on an excavator Picking through debris looking for survivors, bodies. what a freaking nightmare that place was, I was 40 years old and, it was like it was yesterday, Crazy time In my life!

And you were instrumental in constructing the new WTC! I remember the pics from the top from inside your crane. God Bless you brother for all of that work that you did!

Last edited by Jahrs; 09/10/22.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I recall thinking, of course with zero joy, that that was one hell of a successful terrorist attack. You know damned well there's more brewing with the damned southern border open.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
I was at work, I had the radio on in my office and it came over the news that a plane had hit the world trade center. I went to my boss's office and told him and e turned on the tv in his office in time to see the 2nd plane hit the other tower. By that time all work in the building had ceased and everyone was watching the news.

The more I get to know people, the better I like dogs, life is short, eat dessert first.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I was in class at college at Vermont tech. Went downstairs to the broadcasting classroom and watched the second plane hit. One of the few times (at that time) that VTC canceled classes.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Jahrs

And you were instrumental in constructing the new WTC! I remember the pics from the top from inside your crane. God Bless you brother for all of that work that you did!

Hey jahrs, Long time no talk :-) I hope all is well with you and, I forgot about those photos :-)

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

506 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 06hunter59, 160user, 58 invisible), 17,619 guests, and 1,368 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,936
Posts18,539,242
Members74,051
Most Online20,796
Yesterday at 04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.