Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dre
On serious note. Is Vertical stringing is due to powder charge?

It’s due to the powder charge creating an exit time that occurs when the barrel is moving violently

Barrel harmonics

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
GB1

Dre Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Originally Posted by Dre

It’s due to the powder charge creating an exit time that occurs when the barrel is moving violently

Barrel harmonics
Thanks.
So do you go up or down in charge?

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dre
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Originally Posted by Dre

Barrel harmonics
Thanks.
So do you go up or down in charge?

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...never-improved-upon-load-de#Post17925733

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
stringing can be caused by a bunch of factors, in my experience, wind and /or shooter form are the main causes.
Case in point, here is a 500 meter target with horizontal stringing that has nothing to do with the load or anything else but shooter form and /or wind calls.
It was shot prone with an iron sighted match rifle .
The Vbull is 1 MOA or about 5 inches, the 5 ring is 2 MOA or about 10 inches
Cat
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

scopes are cool, but slings 'n' irons RULE!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Ringman
I fired two five shot groups at 300 yards. One was 2 3/8" and the other was 2 11/16". Both were about 1" vertical dispersion. There was a slight 1 o'clock to 12 o'clock breeze. Anyone know what causes it?

Wiggling.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Dre

I look @ ES/SD for vertical stringing and track that down 1st. Recoiling your front sling swivel into your rest doesn't help either.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by xphunter
I fired two five shot groups at 300 yards. One was 2 3/8" and the other was 2 11/16". Both were about 1" vertical dispersion. There was a slight 1 o'clock to 12 o'clock breeze. Anyone know what causes it?
I just might have a answer to this mystery
A friend wrote this elsewhere, and I have slightly modified it for the question at hand...When shooting at 300 yards with a centerfire weapon, integrating the differential of the function's parabolic natural log means that exponential growth in the ballistic coefficient still amounts to less change in the Coriolis factor impacting wind shift than imparted y the longitudinal tidal force on the perfect sphere on a frictionless plane before imparting the subdural hematoma via hydrostatic shock on the bullet changing horizontal impact at 300 yards.

Man, you have been listening to Kamala way too long.

Code Pink sucks

SUPPORT THE TROOPS
M
M
I would check and thoroughly clean the crown area and check that the rifle is properly bedded. Also you could change scopes and see if you get a similar result.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by xphunter
I just might have a answer to this mystery
A friend wrote this elsewhere, and I have slightly modified it for the question at hand...When shooting at 300 yards with a centerfire weapon, integrating the differential of the function's parabolic natural log means that exponential growth in the ballistic coefficient still amounts to less change in the Coriolis factor impacting wind shift than imparted y the longitudinal tidal force on the perfect sphere on a frictionless plane before imparting the subdural hematoma via hydrostatic shock on the bullet changing horizontal impact at 300 yards.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Whoda thunkit?

‘Course maybe this has something to do with it 💨

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
All kidding aside (and some of the above posts were pretty entertaining), if you can rule out wind, mirage, rest set up, table manners and scope problems and your load still wants to string out horizontally, your load isn't warm enough. Be careful but go a bit hotter.

IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1936M71, 160user, 1minute, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 62 invisible), 2,413 guests, and 1,418 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,168
Posts18,484,544
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.