Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
I've always had a dog. My Brittany was almost 17 when he passed and I'll never fully get over it.

I now have a 3 year old mini Schnauzer. I read about the great tragedy in Tennessee. The two toddlers killed and the mother seriously mauled.

I can't understand it. These dogs didn't show any sign of aggression in the eight years the owners had them. If they had, since those kid's were the loves of their lives, the parents would have been more careful to say the least.

My question; why do pit bulls, or possibly any dog, all of a sudden go berserk and become killers. I'm a dog lover and would really like to know opinions why.

"an armed society is a polite society"
GB1

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Any dog can start biting, many do.

The difference is when pit bulls bite, it's destructive. They were bred to maul. Not just to bite.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Why does a cat kill mice?

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Why do pit bulls attack. Because they havn't been killed yet.

Flame away. IDC.
And anyone that doesn't own one, automatically has their guard up if they are around one. Or they are crazy.

Last edited by Featherweight6555; 10/07/22.

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I’ll just say that dogs are not a lot different than humans in some respects and leave it at that.

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by shootem

A cat kills mice as soon as it has the ability to do so. These dogs were 8 years old and had never previously shown signs of aggression.

"an armed society is a polite society"
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by TreeMutt

A cat kills mice as soon as it has the ability to do so. These dogs were 8 years old and had never previously shown signs of aggression.
I think dogs just react to something sometimes that triggers them from a cognitive thought process to a reactionary one. Once the switch is flipped it’s Katie bar the door until it’s over. The more dogs involved the higher the chance of something going sideways.

Last edited by tndrbstr; 10/07/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just my opinion but I think they could be comparable to a severely Autistic person, they have uncontrollable outbursts.

The ones I've been around seem to find simple situations difficult to understand.

To attack in what they may feel as a self defense situation comes by nature, they are all muscle and have extreme capabilities.

In short, being strong and dumb isn't a good combination.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Is this a serious question?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
We’ve got a “mutt” that is obviously half Heeler. Got the dog when it was 2 years old from a local adoption deal, but no reason to believe that it was EVER a farm dog. It was a city/suburb dwelling “pet”.

This dog is sweet as can be, but, especially when we first got him, had the habit of trying to “heel” my wife and kids. VERY soft mouth, but he would occasionally grab them on the heel, with his mouth, to “herd” them.

Instinctual behavior is REAL, and quite prevalent in nature. It has also been BRED for, and is why some dogs are good at herding, some at hunting, and some at guarding or fighting.

I don’t have any use for a family dog with the INSTINCT/BREEDING for fighting.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Software.

Same reason you (should) spend good money on a well-bred hunting dog.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dogs can be good people, but then again, they are... dogs.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Probably got sick of the little kids usurping their “fur baby” status

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by TreeMutt

Killing is innate with each. The nature to eliminate that which it is unwilling to share space with. It may take longer with a pit, but it’s there. As a hunting or livestock dog they are bred to immobilize prey, be it wild or domesticated. If that prey is sufficiently weak to be overwhelmed it dies. A pit’s observed respect for humans is deception. We too can be and are at times seen as prey. Own what you wish but know a significant portion of the breed is a killer in waiting.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Why do groids insist on killing and robbing each other?Its bred in .

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They’re schizophrenic. Their brains are cross wired. They don’t know themselves until they do it

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Your Brittney was probably like my English Pointer. She would point birds as a pup. I never trained her to do it; it had been bred into her. The thought is there is something inside their brains triggering this response when they get excited and up close to birds. It causes then to essentially have a mini-seizure and they lock up. There must be something similar in the pit bulls. They were bred from the terrier and bulldog to have stamina and strength to fight to the death. There’s something inside their brains that triggers the ‘fight’ response; which is exactly what they were bred to do. It can’t be trained out either since it’s a primal instinct. Not sure they all have it, but many seem to and I’m NOT interested in taking the risk with one.

Last edited by Ben_Lurkin; 10/07/22.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by deflave
My opinion was… I was at my cousins house a few weeks ago and she has two dogs. One looks like a Black and Tan hound mix and the other is Shepard mix of some kind. These two dogs smelled my dogs scent in my truck and went satanic. They were biting my tires and trying to get into the cab on the truck. Then they would just turn on each other with the same furor.
Crazy cousin was trying to break them up while they were turned on each other. It was the craziest phugin thing I’d ever seen. I got my pistol unholstered and was going to put a bullet into them if they turned on her. I’ll say it again, I have never seen dogs go that crazy in an instant.
My cousins response, they do that all the time…. BS, I’d put an end to it

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by deflave

Why are dogs that were bred specifically to fight and kill other animals dangerous? Lol

More fire clown show

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A lot of dogs get mean when they are older. They develop health issues, the issues cause pain and/or a loss of sleep, the animal naturally gets a shorter fuse.

Politics is War by Other Means
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

84 members (35, 6mmCreedmoor, 21, 808outdoors, 1Longbow, 10 invisible), 14,421 guests, and 1,046 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,108
Posts18,541,929
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.