Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
<yawn>

Whether you like it or not, B, the SCOTUS has already declared they will hear this case. Now, I'm no attorney, but I hang out with some who have worked in the higher court area. They tell me that the lower court decision is irreversible on principles of law, which is, as I'm sure your razor-sharp mind has already apprehended, the issue. So all the SCOTUS has before it is to say yes, or no, to the lower court decision. If they uphold the lower court decision, anti-gun legislation dating back God knows how far is in jeopardy. If they overturn the lower court decision, we'll have, at best, your 'yes-and-no' limbo.

So, what is YOUR position? If they rule against your position is... overthrow the government?

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by DocRocket
<yawn>

Whether you like it or not, B, the SCOTUS has already declared they will hear this case. Now, I'm no attorney, but I hang out with some who have worked in the higher court area. They tell me that the lower court decision is irreversible on principles of law, which is, as I'm sure your razor-sharp mind has already apprehended, the issue. So all the SCOTUS has before it is to say yes, or no, to the lower court decision. If they uphold the lower court decision, anti-gun legislation dating back God knows how far is in jeopardy. If they overturn the lower court decision, we'll have, at best, your 'yes-and-no' limbo.

So, what is YOUR position? If they rule against your position is... overthrow the government?

My opinion is,.. the government doesn't give a damn what my opinion is,...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Bristoe... I'll take that bet, cynic!

First,.. tell me, in your opinion, does the second amendment guarentee the right of the people to keep and bear arms?,... and I mean any type of arms that they want.

I've argued that position until I am now just a beaten up pulp and a shell of my old real self.

I can't believe so many people think the word "Arms" has to be qualified.

Duhhh!

[Linked Image]
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
My opinion is,.. the government doesn't give a damn what my opinion is,...

... and I concur...

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Acctually the anti gun movement started after the Civil War on a very small scale got some bigger post WW1 then during prohibition it began gaining some momentum, post WW2 with the Communist scare then the civil rights movement it again began getting stronger. But was for the most part seen as a bunch of nuts. Then the sixties the whole peacenick movement saw firearms as violent, and hunting as a barbaric link to a violent past. Thye JFK MLR and RFK murders just added more fuel to the fire. This comeing presidential election is troubling since the seeming malise of the conservative Americans may allow another anti gun democrat or a RINO into the office that is the only thing standing between we Citizens and confiscation, since our elected members of Government have seen fit to give over thier lawmakeing tasks to hired employees Giveing agencies the ability to decide what firearms are legal to be possesed by law abideing citizens, and other agencies the ability to outlaw storage of ammunition or components even by retailers. We need to pull it togeather while Ron Paul talks good about the Second Amendment his views on other things are unworkable for the most part. Some one who has a proven record of support for our Second Amendment is running third according to the latest polls maybe if we really unite behind Fred Thompsen we could have a chance of still being a free nation in five years.

Declaration of Independance, in ENGLISH
U.S. Constitution, in ENGLISH
U.S. Bill of Rights, in ENGLISH
If you cannot or don't want to learn ENGLISH, go back to the third world cesspool you came from
IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by twodogs

First,.. tell me, in your opinion, does the second amendment guarentee the right of the people to keep and bear arms?,... and I mean any type of arms that they want.

I've argued that position until I am now just a beaten up pulp and a shell of my old real self.

Duhhh!

The wording of the 2nd amendment can't get any plainer.

If you run upon someone whom you have to argue the point with,.. save your breath.

They're not a part of the reality based community.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by blinddog1
if we really unite behind Fred Thompsen we could have a chance of still being a free nation in five years.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Dude... I realize this may be beyond the pale for you, especially since the sun's been under the yardarm for a few hours... but it doesn't matter WHO you're running as a candidate, including Ron Paul, if the SCOTUS rules against our mutually-held belief that the 2nd Amendment is an INDIVIDUAL right.

In terms of gun rights, the most important political event of the past 100 years or more will occur in the next 6 months, and it will NOT be who is nominated or not by either party. It is the question currently before the SCOTUS.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Dude... I realize this may be beyond the pale for you, especially since the sun's been under the yardarm for a few hours... but it doesn't matter WHO you're running as a candidate, including Ron Paul, if the SCOTUS rules against our mutually-held belief that the 2nd Amendment is an INDIVIDUAL right.

In terms of gun rights, the most important political event of the past 100 years or more will occur in the next 6 months, and it will NOT be who is nominated or not by either party. It is the question currently before the SCOTUS.

The absolute best that will happen from the SCOTUS ruling is that things stay as they are,.. with further government violations of our 2nd amendment rights waiting on down the line without missing a beat.

Like I said,... it's just a dog and pony show,.. a little play that is put on to make you think that there's somebody looking out for your rights.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
DocRocket +1

Breathe Relax Aim Squeeze Shoot
IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The only effort expended by the SCOTUS will be in wording their decision in a manner which is ambiguous enough to make everyone on both sides of the issue feel as though they've won.

That's their job,... their only job.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
blinddog1,
What positions specifically are unworkable IRT Ron Paul? He has a better record on the Second Amendment than Fred Thompson, who has a propensity to side with Federal LE instead of the citizenry.

The decision to vote for someone is yours. You have an opportunity to vote for a candidate who has shown that he believes in the Constitution as it was originally intended, and yet you're hesitant to commit because he has "no chance" or has "unworkable ideas". If you want more of the same, vote for the process candidate that the party puts forward, like Giuliani or Fred Thompson. If you really want to make a change, vote for Ron Paul. If enough people do it, he might well become the nominee.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Bristoe... your cynicism with regard to jurisprudence is truly unparalleled. I sincerely hope (and strongly believe) your cynicism is misplaced.

But enough of this crap. I spent most of today settin' up my deer stand, loadin' some thumpin'270 loads, and sightin' in my daughter's rifle. Now I'm gonna watch San Diego thump the Colts. I'm pourin' me a BIG Glenlivet, and hope you'll be doin' the same with a Ketel One.

Cheers, amigo!

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Bristoe... your cynicism with regard to jurisprudence is truly unparalleled. I sincerely hope (and strongly believe) your cynicism is misplaced.

But enough of this crap. I spent most of today settin' up my deer stand, loadin' some thumpin'270 loads, and sightin' in my daughter's rifle. Now I'm gonna watch San Diego thump the Colts. I'm pourin' me a BIG Glenlivet, and hope you'll be doin' the same with a Ketel One.

Cheers, amigo!

I'm taking the night off,... but cheers to yas anyway,..

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Thanks, bro.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Duhhh!

Nukes? Weaponized anthrax? Privately owned helicopter gunships? Personal tank fleets? SAM batteries? TOWs?

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

Duhhh!

Nukes? Weaponized anthrax? Privately owned helicopter gunships? Personal tank fleets? SAM batteries? TOWs?

Does the government posess all of those?

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
My point being,... since the 2nd amendment was penned in order to guarentee the ability of the people to deliver themselves from governmental tyranny,... how can the government deny the people the weaponry that it chooses for itself without violating the 2nd amendment?

It's a rhetorical question,.. but a valid one.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Its kind of a silly question. But I'm not surprised. wink

BTW, some poll has your boy up to 7% in NH. Ad buy must have worked, some.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Its kind of a silly question. But I'm not surprised. wink

Humor me and answer it anyway,...without denying the validity and purpose of the 2nd amendment, if possible.

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 1234, 160user, 62 invisible), 2,478 guests, and 1,330 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,076
Posts18,482,691
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.