Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Well, the posts here that swayed me to the Citori are paying off big. I have now dropped 13 Roosters in 14 shots, all 14 were hits, one had an impact with feathers flying but did not fall, so I hit him again and he fell with the second barrel. I did not locate one of them, he simply vanished, which was the reason for the investment in my new pup.

In any case as a long time rifle hunter, I am very confident in my shooting and have had more practice shooting big game then a guy deserves to have in several lifetimes. The Wild roosters are completely different, they quite often jump at my feet after seeing nothing and walking many miles. Your focus and "action ready" posture is sometimes not as sharp as it should be. They fly like they are shot from a cannon. These are not always easy shots........at least in my opinion.

I would not want to be a Rooster with a fella shooting federal 6 shot out of this Browning Citori and the modified choke!

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
GB1

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Good job! I have a high-end Citori skeet gun, and after some-
thing in excess of 5,000 rounds at the skeet range, the gun is
still tight! Browning Citoris have so much steel in the actions
that they stay stiff for a good long while, and they stay tight
through 10,000 rounds or better, assuming good cleaning - espec-
ially around the hinge pin. You're gonna love it! Quality
always pays off in the long run. Other brands take a different
tack, advertising that their guns are "infinitely re-buildable."
That's nice, I guess, but Brownings simply don't wear out, ever,
unless abused by not cleaning them. I personally prefer that
approach, instead of rebuilding something. YMMV.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Citori is a whole lot of double gun for the money, you made a good choice. Congratulations on the success thus far; I�m glad you�re enjoying your new gun.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I love Citoris, although I don't own one!
Wild pheasants are great to hunt.
I always have to remind myself to "stay in the moment" otherwise I lose concentration , and that means lost birds!

Take your syes off the dog for one moment,and that's it!

I use a Tikka 412S with Briley 28 gauge tubes in the 12 gauge barels for partridge, but have always hunted pheasants with 20 gauge Franchi shotguns.
Cat

scopes are cool, but slings 'n' irons RULE!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

524 members (17CalFan, 1_deuce, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 54 invisible), 1,764 guests, and 1,128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,104
Posts18,522,429
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.