If only I could grin down a bar like Davey Crockett. laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I would go to Canada many times a year....can look out my back door across Lk.St. Clair and see Ontario....would take the boat in the summer and drive during the winter go to Northern Ontario to fish and hunt....I haven't set a foot or floated my boat in Canadian waters and will not since 2001....

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
And what happened to you in 2001? Was that the year that American-trained terrorists flew planes into the Trade Center? The terrorists who lived and trained in the US? The same terrorists who had no ties to Canada whatsoever? Perhaps it is Canadians who should be outraged, because the US allowed the act, which also killed Canadian citizens, to occur.
Ultimately, of course, it was the fault of the terrorists and such display of outrage, directed at a country which was in no way involved, is simply posing. GD

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by greydog
And what happened to you in 2001? Was that the year that American-trained terrorists flew planes into the Trade Center? The terrorists who lived and trained in the US? The same terrorists who had no ties to Canada whatsoever? Perhaps it is Canadians who should be outraged, because the US allowed the act, which also killed Canadian citizens, to occur.
Ultimately, of course, it was the fault of the terrorists and such display of outrage, directed at a country which was in no way involved, is simply posing. GD

To my knowledge, Canadians also housed a lot of US citizens stuck in airports due to 911, until things got moving again.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The details on some of reasoning for the vitriol seem rather lacking. I won’t go to this side or that side of the border for some perceived infraction about the other side seems rather silly to me. Neither of our elected governments seem particularly competent yet there is finger pointing.

Having traveled north dozens of times, the people of Canada are some of the nicest I have met. Don’t look poorly upon any country due to its leaders/rulers. Most people are friendly, want to work and want their kids to have a better life than they do. That stands true for everyplace I have been.

Hopefully this fall I can find a charter in Halifax to pull something out of the sea or a river.

“Lighten up Francis”
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by ihookem
Anything we can say about Canada , can be said for the USA. As for me, I thought Canada was great . both sides of the border. I think we can all agree on that.

+1. all my dealings with Canadians have been very pleasant.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I plan on going as soon as the crops in.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Generalizations are not precise enough for application to the whole population, but that does not mean there can not be a grain of truth in them.

I used to travel a lot for work; been to Canada, Mexico, and to almost all the states. I like to think there are good people everywhere, but I also agree with the OP. I will never willing cross any border ever again. I have caught hell from border agents all over. "Random Selection" my butt. Every time I went to Canada they shook me and the vehicle down, one really bad lady apparently traced my record back to inception and cussed me for every aspect since. There may be good people up there, but I did not meet them.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
You can't know what you are going to encounter at either border.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
... I'm a dual USA/CDN citizen ... CBP/CBSA can't deny me entry into either country though they can detain & lock me up for cause (smuggling, impaired driving, etc) ... I carry both USA & CDN passports when travelling ... I've been checked more going from the USA to Canada than the reverse

Proud Life Member of the NRA & GOA
IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by pricedo
... I'm a dual USA/CDN citizen ... CBP/CBSA can't deny me entry into either country though they can detain & lock me up for cause (smuggling, impaired driving, etc) ... I carry both USA & CDN passports when travelling ... I've been checked more going from the USA to Canada than the reverse

You aren't unless you were Canadian first.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I find it odd, if you don't want to come to Canada then just fill our boots. We won't miss you.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I live in NH, and travel to Canada quite a bit. I'm going again in July, to a folk music festival in Nova Scotia. I've never had a negative experience, and have found people about the same as any where else. IF you'r freindly they respond the same way. My grandmother's family was frome P.E.I, and there are still family members there. This is one Yank, who will never have a bad word for Canada, or her people!

Last edited by Bogtrotter; 04/17/23.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Jim—I’m dual—born in the USA and have the passports to prove it—however on the American side of the border a lot of the agents are ex-military. They don’t like to hear that dual citizenship spiel.
I cannot be denied entry to either country—but that applies to my person—not to my car, truck or even my horse.
My American passport expired but they will accept my DD-214 and let me in.

Last edited by kkahmann; 04/17/23.
G
G
Always had a good experience visiting Canada. Plus they have Maltesers!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
It’s pretty simple … when crossing from Canada to USA don’t bring your “weed” with you … when crossing from USA to Canada don’t bring your guns with you … that will keep you out of most jackpots

Proud Life Member of the NRA & GOA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I don't have an issue with Canada or Canadians. I feel sorry for them because they live under the rule of a tyrannical, communist government but realize we aren't far behind. Mexico is another matter. If I were king I'd invade that shyt hole, exterminate the cartels and the entirety of their crooked Government and tell the remainder to straighten up their act, stay on their own side of the border and don't make me come back or things will get fuggin ugly.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter
I find it odd, if you don't want to come to Canada then just fill our boots. We won't miss you.
Hey CS, good to see you posting up here, been awhile.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I've worked in Canada, been traveling up there since I was in college. I've crossed the border from east to west, and I bet I've crossed at well over 50 to 60 % of all of them...

I find it all depends on how you handle yourself, whether crossing into Canada, or passing back over to the USA. I've hardly ever had a problem, in either direction...

care about Canada as much as I do my own country. I see no reason to disrespect anything in Canada, or see no reason for them to be disrespectful to anyone here. you can come across bad people or good people on either side of the border.

I lived in Europe for 3 years in my youth. I took that as being a guest in someone's home or country. I've been embarrassed to be an American in other countries on how I've seen Americans act toward the locals in their own countries.
Saw the same in Mexico, the one trip I went down there to Acapulco. Most Americans were A Holes to the Mexicans.. but then again, the Europeans and Canadians were no better, sadly.

People in Mexico kept asking me where I was from, they weren't use to Americans evidently being nice and respectful to them. does that make me something special? NOT REALLY.

I've found out long ago in my youth... when you are visiting in someone else's nation, they will tend to mirror your attitude toward them. You come across respectful and friendly, they will mirror it... no difference than traveling in our own country.
Its not rocket science...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by moosemike
I'll have to start going to Canada to offset you

My wife wants to go to Lancaster County this summer so my offset will offset your offset. smile

SuperCub;
Good morning my old friend, I hope that you and your fine family are well.

Way back in the day my late parents did a bus tour across the country to the east coast in fall and the photos of your part of the world south through New York and Pennsylvania were stunning.

We just don't get those colors in fall.

It's on our bucket list to drive across the country and do that some year too, so we'll see.

All the best to you all.

Dwayne

He Dwayne .... I've been through Cape Breton and the New England States during the leafs. It's would be well worth the time to see. NH and Vermont are second to none.

I've been all over New England, and eastern Canada during the fall change of colors... my favorite tho, is Quebec.
I like the rolling terrain, which is more panoramic than New England, Northern NY etc. New Brunswick, PEI and Nova Scotia are still spectacular... so is Newfie-land and Labrador.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

90 members (260Remguy, 6MMWASP, 257_X_50, 450yukon, 79S, 300_savage, 12 invisible), 1,642 guests, and 944 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,757
Posts18,476,385
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.