Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by Stophel
I would love to have it! Finding any kind of carry handle upper receiver to build something like this seems to be pretty well impossible now.
This. There are people all over the country lusting after that A1 upper right now as we speak.

kwg

Just like most things I want, they don't make it anymore.

I've seen a FEW on Gunbroker. I am simply not paying several hundred dollars for an upper receiver. I'll just have to continue to do without.

GB1

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
H&R is supposed to be producing a retro 20" pencil barrel AR-15 to be available in March,..triangular hand guards, trap door buttstock.

Considering the demand for retro ARs these days, I can't believe somebody isn't producing more components for them. Everywhere you look they're sold out.

I'd assemble an A1 clone if parts were available.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
H&R is supposed to be producing a retro 20" pencil barrel AR-15 to be available in March,..triangular hand guards, trap door buttstock.

Considering the demand for retro ARs these days, I can't believe somebody isn't producing more components for them. Everywhere you look they're sold out.

I'd assemble an A1 clone if parts were available.

Brownell's was selling an AR clone a couple of years ago. They suddenly got out of the AR retro business. I have to assume it was because Nodak Spud was bought up by PSA and the parts became unavailable. PSA also bought the H&R trademark when Remington/Freedom Group went bankrupt.

I have an A1 clone I made from a Colt barrel, an Aero precision lower and a Nodak spud upper plus various real and wanna be AR/M16 parts. It looks the part from a distance but it's no where close to the real thing. If a guy is quick and lucky you can get an H&R lower and upper from PSA but you have to be there when the notice comes out they are available. They sell out quick.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
gave one just like that to my nephew out in Birmingham. Lad works hard but with a home schooling mom and a bunch of kids, he has very little toy money.

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Still searching in vain for any carry handle upper. I have found a few online retailers that claim to have A2 uppers... But they're companies like Thunder Guns/Thunder Tactical, and Model1 Sales.... which do not exactly have stellar reputations, so I'm afraid to order anything from them.... but still very tempted....

For the rifle I'm working on, I'll just have to settle for the hideous clamp-on carry handle/sight. Best I can do.

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
The XM15E2S was my first AR. Mine has the 4.5" barrel and welded on Phantom. I bought it at a time that was very difficult to find any AR-15. I very quickly bought a flattop receiver so that I could mount an optic. I was really surprised by how well that barrel shot.

So, I would, and did, swap parts out to make it what I wanted.

Stophel, I'm pretty sure that carry handle upper has been sitting in my parts drawer for years. I'll double check and PM you.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Still have it, PM sent, not asking several hundred.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Thinking back to my original post about my (late) bro-in-law's Bushmaster XM15-e2s...

Yes, he obtained the A1/A2 picatinny rail mount, from somewhere, someplace...
I have no idea what his original plans were, as he got too sick with cancer from Agent Orange exposure, all these decades later after Vietnam, and passed away.

I decided to take his (assumed concept) and mount the picatinny rail mount way up high on the carrying handle, and I bought a cheap TruGlo dual color RDS scope (one turn is Red, the other turn is Green), and mounted it up. It looks a little ridiculous, if you ask me... These old open sighted carry handle AR-15's varieties were what they were... 100% "old school" like we all remember from back in the day in bootcamp.

I have since removed the TruGlo RDS, contacted my son-in-law (on the USMC base), and said, "Take it... it's yours... Or pass it to another fellow Marine. Somebody could use it!".

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by ButchA61; 02/22/23.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Here is the only thing that looks right on that carry handle. Everything else is a wanna be. kwg

https://www.brownells.com/optics/scopes/rifle-scopes/retro-4x-carry-handle-scope/

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I plan on keeping my old Bushmaster just as it was...

Last edited by ButchA61; 02/25/23.
IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (160user, 12344mag, 117LBS, 10gaugemag, 1eyedmule, 007FJ, 65 invisible), 2,704 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,984
Posts18,480,940
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.