Originally Posted by TXRam
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
I won't sit here and argue the adjustable gas block (AGB) isn't a useful tool, but I've never installed one and the only 3F (feed, fire, function) failures I've had, I traced back to wrong parts or improper installation. 👍

I have adjustable gas blocks on most of mine, but I use suppressors (they are nice to have to be able to reduce gas flow given the longer period of back pressure) - that’s the only reason I have for spending the extra $ on them, as I’ve never needed one for function either.

I have used the SLR adjustable gas blocks and have their jigs for dimpling the barrel (pretty fool proof for proper installation of their gas blocks).

Pretty good article on installing the various types of gas blocks - https://www.firearmsnews.com/editorial/how-to-install-ar-gas-blocks/382939 . I’m sure someone here will (nit)pick it apart as always…

Another site I visit has a BUNCH of AR "assemblers" on it.
The AGB is the first thing they run to when something goes wrong. They even drill out the barrel port to get more gas.
Some of them use blue Loc-Tite to seal the gas block to the barrel! 🤪 ....etc, etc, etc....