Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Mosinwolf762
The Tikka does definitely seem to be coming very highly recommend, the only thing that worries me is I keep hearing horror stories about the magazines. Primarily them somehow coming out wile on the trail or climbing through thick brush. Other than that, a Tikka would definitely be the winner

Strange, I don't know where you've heard those "horror stories" from, but I've never seen it. Seems like you may be making excuses. Not even valid excuses. Is there a reason you haven't bought a Tikka yet? Besides hearing the magazines fall out on their own? If that was really something that happened to Tikka's, there would be people biotching about it here. Trust me on that one. This thread has been far too long and drawn out without a rifle purchase going on. You are going to be very hard pressed to find a better shooting, handling, lightweight, smooth operating, exceptional trigger, and super reliable rifle out there for the price. You will likely not find a better rifle for twice the money you'd pay for a Tikka.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
HR IC

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
The Tikka does definitely seem to be coming very highly recommend, the only thing that worries me is I keep hearing horror stories about the magazines. Primarily them somehow coming out wile on the trail or climbing through thick brush. Other than that, a Tikka would definitely be the winner

Strange, I don't know where you've heard those "horror stories" from, but I've never seen it. Seems like you may be making excuses. Not even valid excuses. Is there a reason you haven't bought a Tikka yet? Besides hearing the magazines fall out on their own? If that was really something that happened to Tikka's, there would be people biotching about it here. Trust me on that one. This thread has been far too long and drawn out without a rifle purchase going on. You are going to be very hard pressed to find a better shooting, handling, lightweight, smooth operating, exceptional trigger, and super reliable rifle out there for the price. You will likely not find a better rifle for twice the money you'd pay for a Tikka.

The OP did buy a T3X chambered in 6.5 CM, as stated on the last page...

M
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I went with Talley lightweight 1peice rings, but so far I do love it

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I went with Talley lightweight 1peice rings, but so far I do love it

25 in/lbs for the bases, 18 in/lbs for the rings.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
M
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Appreciate it. I had the gun shop install them. They offered to do it free because I bought the rifle, rings, and scope from them so I took them up on it

Last edited by Mosinwolf762; 02/23/23.
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

I did have a magazine fall out of my old Tikka 595 while climbing a mountain side in the dark once, but I hit the magazine release accidently and could have happened with a number of other rifles. I still love Tikkas. The older 595's as well as the newer T3's.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

195 members (29aholic, 308xray, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 2500HD, 300_savage, 30 invisible), 1,814 guests, and 984 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,186
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.