Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Steyr AUG
Nice!

I just bought one but I see it more as “unique” than ugly.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I’m not sure if ugly really applies but as far as utilitarian. 10/22’s, 870’s, Glocks, and a Sig P365x macro that really is ugly but a favorite carry gun.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tikkanut
How 'bout this one ?

Hi Point 40

I could drag this SOB behind the Lexus for 100 miles in the dirt

Pick it up & will shoot where ya point it

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

UFF! Admitting you own one of those is like admitting that you have a little dick or that your chili sucks.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Savage 840... about as pretty as a sh*t covered rock in a cow pen, but it's a shooter. The scope mount screws the balance all up, though.

It handles really well just without that abortion on top, but I just can't shoot it to its potential without magnification.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Glock 26.

IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Steyr AUG
Nice!

I never considered owning one because I shoot lefty. But the latest incarnation of the Steyr AUG can be made to shoot lefty. It's got an auxiliary ejection port on the left side.

The downside of it, is,...as far as I know you can't buy one already set up to shoot left handed. You buy it as it in then have to spend an additional $350 for a bolt with the extractor on the left. Common sense dictates that the ejector would have to be moved over on the other side, also. I'm not sure what's needed to do that.

Maybe ejection is a function of the bolt. Some firearms are set up that way. I don't know.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Glocks. I buy the hell out of them ut that still don't make them pretty.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Ruger 9 PC carbine ain't ugly.........

shoots like crazy.........

after a few aftermarket mods

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
All polymer frame auto loading handguns are ugly. I don't think a Glock is any uglier than the rest. But they work.

I paid $300 for a Ruger Security 9 new complete with 2 15 round magazines. I consider it an appliance,...like a toaster oven.

But it works.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Contender Carbine

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I don't know if any are ugly, a tool the works well is pretty.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by efw
AR15

Hands Down

There guns as ugly but fewer uglier.

My last one now is a Stag Arms garden variety that shoots real tight. I just hate cuddling up to it to pull the trigger.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Steyr AUG
Nice!

I never considered owning one because I shoot lefty. But the latest incarnation of the Steyr AUG can be made to shoot lefty. It's got an auxiliary ejection port on the left side.

The downside of it, is,...as far as I know you can't buy one already set up to shoot left handed. You buy it as it in then have to spend an additional $350 for a bolt with the extractor on the left. Common sense dictates that the ejector would have to be moved over on the other side, also. I'm not sure what's needed to do that.

Maybe ejection is a function of the bolt. Some firearms are set up that way. I don't know.
I think that’s right and only applies to the STANAG model. I went with the original non NATO mag model that is right hand only.

I’m a lefty too but am right eye dominant. My grandfather and uncle both shot on several club level leagues and coached youth leagues, they picked up on my cross eye dominance early on and I was taught to shoot right handed as a kid. I lucked out big time in gun options being right eye dominant.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Steyr AUG
Nice!

I think that’s right and only applies to the STANAG model. I went with the original non NATO mag model that is right hand only.

I’m a lefty too but am right eye dominant. My grandfather and uncle both shot on several club level leagues and coached youth leagues, they picked up on my cross eye dominance early on and I was taught to shoot right handed as a kid. I lucked out big time in gun options being right eye dominant.

I'm right handed but left eye dominant. It's always felt natural for me to shoot long guns left handed. When I was a young boy shooting pellet rifles and .22s I could switch back and forth if I chose to. But I've shot lefty for so long that my entire shooting posture is lefty now.

Of course, I shoot handguns right handed. I guess I looked pretty strange shooting IHMSA from the creedmore position,...holding the handgun in my right hand and crooking my neck over so I could sight down it with my left eye.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Steyr AUG
Nice!

I'm right handed but left eye dominant. It's always felt natural for me to shoot long guns left handed. When I was a young boy shooting pellet rifles and .22s I could with back and forth if I chose to. But I've shot lefty for so long that my entire shooting posture is lefty now.

Of course, I shoot handguns right handed. I guess I looked pretty strange shooting IHMSA from the creedmore position,...holding the handgun in my right hand and crooking my neck over so I could sight down it with my left eye.
I did the same thing. I’d shoot bows and rifles back and fourth right or left handed. I play guitar right handed naturally so I’m probably slightly ambidextrous but favor my left hand. I shot a turkey left handed two years ago when it came in from my blind side. I usually shoot with both eyes open even when looking through a scope at lower power when not shooting off a rest.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by TwoEyedJack
I've had more than a few ugly guns. Maybe the ugliest was a Rem 788 in .222. It had all the appeal of a pipe strapped to a fence post. But it was a dang good shooter. With Winchester factory ammo it would put five shots in a dime at 100 yards. Wish I still had it. My current ugly duckling is a Ruger P89. Ugly as sin, but maybe the most accurate 9 I've ever shot. That's shot at 25 yards off hand.

Say what you want but no 9 that shoots like that is ugly. The p85 ss I had did also but I got stupid and sold it. The ss p89 I have looks to shoot like yours and that ain't ugly..mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by 160user
How 'bout this one ?

Hi Point 40

UFF! Admitting you own one of those is like admitting that you have a little dick or that your chili sucks.

I have one in .45ACP, and it works fine, and I don't need to measure my manhood by the toys in my closet, like some seem to do....

Last edited by reivertom; 02/28/23.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Glocks are definitely not going to win any beauty contests but just like a good woman looks are not the only consideration. A faithful firearm that never fails to feed, function and fire every time without fail is more important to me than looks. The Ruger 10/22 is ugly but they are still excellent rifles. Polymer handguns in general are uglier than their steel counterparts irregardless of manufacturers…H&K, Steyr, FN, Glock, Ruger, etc are not “pretty” but they are dependable. High capacity semi autos should be compared to the Beretta 92/96, the Beretta 92/96 is to my eye the sexiest semi auto handgun out there. Looks are definitely subjective but I find the Beretta stands out in the looks department.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Ugliest guns to me would be the “cowboy assault rifles” aka polymer stocked lever action rifles with pic rails. Something like this. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by reivertom
Originally Posted by 160user
How 'bout this one ?

Hi Point 40

I have one in .45ACP, and it works fine, and I don't need to measure my manhood by the toys in my closet, like some seem to do....

45 ACP would kick azz & take names

As long as you wore a glove on the trigger finger

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 1234, 19rabbit52, 56 invisible), 1,866 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,229
Posts18,524,708
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.