Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
LNF150 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
This video has been out for about a year. Same guy made a newer one 4-5 months ago as a reminder to change these lines out.

This is what I did for my 2013 F150. I cut out the whole sections of quick connects and crimps then ran high pressure lines from the ends of the steel tubing to the cooler on one side and the radiator on the other.

It may seem old school but factory cooler lines going from steel tubing to crimped or clamped rubber lines have been around since the 1960's. That is the style I went back to.

The factory lines I took out.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The new replacement lines.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You need to make videos.

Your solution, coupled with what was there, would have been cheaper and better than the OEM stuff he was putting back into that truck.

Stuff with an 8-13 year life,ending in a bill that will surpass the value of the truck if it
breaks again in that time frame.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
LNF150 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
All I have is pictures of what I did to my 2013 F150, but it is really straight forward and very easy to do.

You will need about 5 1/2' - 6' of 1/2" transmission cooler hose from NAPA or any parts store, four 3/4" hose clamps and a quart of Mercon LV.

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NBHH1946?impressionRank=9

I went with the high-pressure line (but the transmission doesn't put out that much pressure on these lines). Certainly not like a power steering pump.

You are going to keep the steel transmission cooler lines that run from trans on the driver's side, dip under the truck then begin running forward and ending ahead of the front axle below the passenger side.

There is a crimp fitting that attaches each short factory rubber hose to the end of the steel lines. Gently cut through those crimp fittings, peel them off and pull the rubber hose from the end of the steel lines. Remember there are collars on the steel lines a couple inches from the end that you don't want to cut into.

On the radiator side of this factory mess are just regular factory hose clamps; one on the small cooler in front and one on the radiator side. Pinch down on the 'ears' of those, slide them back and pull off the factory rubber lines. You can reuse these hose clamps.

Fish this mess out whole or undo the quick connects, pull those apart and take out the sections. (there are a couple of factory plastic support clamps and one metal one that attaches a short run of steel tubing to a front cross member, remove those and everything comes right out. You won't reuse those)

Run your new hose like in these two pictures. Use a couple of 3/4" hose clamps to tighten down the new rubber hoses on to the steel lines. If you can get the rubber hoses up past the steel collars that's good, but that reenforced hose doesn't have much inside diameter give to it.

Factory hose clamps on the radiator side.

Lastly, I refilled the transmission with a couple of cups of new Mercon LV to replace what drain out of the hoses.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 160user, 56 invisible), 2,408 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,378
Posts18,488,532
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.