Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Not pristine but a solid offering of a desired configuration from a good seller.

https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...d-70-fwt-270.cfm?gun_id=102266980#mob-14

Not a BSA deal, and I’m sure everyone from the Tulsa show will tell me that they saw a ton of these and the highest price was 1K, but for the rest of us … smile

GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
That is a sweetheart man. I think it's worth that price, as they seem to be getting harder to find in really good condition. The one I had was made in '57 and I did have to pay $1,350.00 for it from a good friend. He was very fair with me and even offered 4 to pick from at the time. One was NIB and only $1,700.00. That was about 5 or 6 years ago. Like everything, prices have gone up. But then again the market seems to be soft right now on Winchester model 70's of any era. As the economy gets worse, we will see more good deals come out of the woodwork. I can see NYrifleman snagging this one. Beretzs, leave it be. You already have enough 270 fwt's!!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
AKwolverine: I agree that is a pretty "solid" Rifle for the price.
I vividly recall how DIFFICULT it was for me to find/obtain a pristine pre-64 Winchester Featherweight in caliber 270 Winchester for my collection.
I looked for years!
This was DECADES ago and since then I have seen VERY few 270 Featherweights to rival the condition of my specimen.
The reason - these Rifles in this caliber got USED and most used HARD!
By coincidence my collection quality 270 Featherweight is within just a couple hundred of the linked to Rifles serial number.
I consider this linked to Rifle to ALMOST be "collector quality".
Collector condition pre-64 Winchester Model 70's of all models and calibers remain very strongly priced in all the states I travel to for collecting guns!
Long live the Riflemans Rifle.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I got very lucky. 4 years ago I found a 1957 FWT 270 almost new with box. Paid way under 2K. I thought it was high! Glad I had to have it. Took me a long time as well to find a nice one. I have a picture if anyone wants to see it.

Last edited by BLR358WIN; 04/02/23.
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
For BLR. Exceptional!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B2

A
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
A
That's a beauty! I feel fortunate to have picked one up when I did. Hopefully I'll start using mine hard this November.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Not pristine but a solid offering of a desired configuration from a good seller.

https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...d-70-fwt-270.cfm?gun_id=102266980#mob-14

Not a BSA deal, and I’m sure everyone from the Tulsa show will tell me that they saw a ton of these and the highest price was 1K, but for the rest of us … smile

Those guys consistently seem to have nice stuff!

BLR, you are a lucky man. Only sad thing is that you will probably only be able look at that one (still well worth it though)!!!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Lund, I couldnt help myself. I did shoot it.( pretty sure it was shot once or twice) Shot fantastic with the iron sights. Its now a gold bar in my safe. Ive never seen one nicer since.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Nobody will probably know... test fired at the factory IIRC! I couldn't tell you whether they were shipped with a little power residue in the bore. Someone here may know that answer.

Mint in box, at worst, and considering what you bought it for... you are doing... OK!!!

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Just so the fired case didn't come out looking like an AI or something similar... smile

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
For BLR. Exceptional!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Sweet rifle BLR. You did well!!

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
OP rifle pending; hopefully someone here.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
That's a nice one. Love me some 270 Featherweights. Finally got the 06 and 270 this past weekend in my hands. Very happy with em. I'll try and grab some pictures next weekend.

Amazing what clean ones bring nowadays!

Semper Fi
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by beretzs
That's a nice one. Love me some 270 Featherweights. Finally got the 06 and 270 this past weekend in my hands. Very happy with em. I'll try and grab some pictures next weekend.

Agreed, certainly don’t see a ‘soft’ market around here, original pre64 M70’s with condition are selling for much more than they ever did.

Some of the sold prices on auction sites for good (and sometimes not so good) guns are staggering.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
That is a sweet rifle for sure. I'd have bought it had I seen it first. Thanks for the tip, I hope it goes to a good home.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I think this guy owes y’all a commission. I wasn’t really looking for one but after listening to y’all talk about it I had to jump on it. I have one already, a 1961 version but it has several originality issues and I was happy to get a more original specimen. Very excited to get this rifle and put it to “careful” use. I have a beautiful gloss leupold I got from sako sitting in the safe will look great together. Any opinions on the mounts? I have some gloss S&k bases but would need to buy the gloss rings but am open to others as well.

I guess I will have to save a little longer to get a my super grade.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Good buy ldg397. You will love that rifle. Congrats!! As for mounts and rings, your SK's will work. As will Conetrols, Leupold dual dovetails, and also steel warne with Burris Zee rings. I would not suggest the Leupold standard mounts or anything that hangs over the ejection port. Keep it clean looking/aesthetically pleasing to the eye, as well as strong and useable. That's my best suggestion on rings and mounts. The Leupold should look great on your new rifle. Post some pics of it when you get it and let us know how it shoots.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Poconojack
Originally Posted by beretzs

Agreed, certainly don’t see a ‘soft’ market around here, original pre64 M70’s with condition are selling for much more than they ever did.

Some of the sold prices on auction sites for good (and sometimes not so good) guns are staggering.

The prices certainly don’t feel soft when you’re paying them. That’s for sure grin

Semper Fi
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Hey congrats on that!!! Super nice rifle. If you want to move your current rifle I'd have some interest. I'm a fan of the Talley LW mounts myself. FWIW.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Finally got this rifle to the range shot a couple groups, wow this rifle is worth every penny. Knowing what I know now maybe worth double. Pictures as soon as I get home from dinner.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (219 Wasp, 1badf350, 219DW, 1936M71, 222Sako, 1234, 56 invisible), 2,441 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,439
Posts18,489,434
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.