-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
(I did use the search feature..and it did not appear to me this gun had been discussed…unless I missed something)

Anyway, if it were up to me, the only thing I’d change about this handgun is the mouthful of a name it has. Everything else about it is pretty darn impressive, in my opinion.
This puppy caught me off guard. Just browsing, poking around my local shop, I was unaware this and the previous one or two P365 variants even existed. Last I remember was the XL. Well, to me at least, this version is basically that with a 17 round grip frame that actually supports my entire hand. It’s an interesting size. A micro 9 that was stretched on both ends and is now floating weirdly in space out there with Glock 19s and others but noticeably slimmer. Really cool

GB1

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've watched a few video's about it and it looks cool. My only P365 purchase was the XL and while I think it's a fantastic pistol (it replaced my G19) I don't want to be a P365 collector.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Looks like their best variant thus far.

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Really like that. Shot my 365 Sunday and stay amazed at that little pistol.
Just wish the new variant had a manual safety (I prefer them, as my 365, 1911, and Ruger mkiii all have them).

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
my local shop can't keep a macro on the shelf. Very popular apparently.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I have the P365 XMacro. I love the feel and conceal ability of that slender grip frame combined with the 17 plus 1 mag capacity. I would have preferred the TACOPS version but it wasn’t for sale at that time.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by TC1
I've watched a few video's about it and it looks cool. My only P365 purchase was the XL and while I think it's a fantastic pistol (it replaced my G19) I don't want to be a P365 collector.

I agree. An appealing aspect, to me at least, is the whole modular system. If a guy wants to try a different grip frame size, all that needs to happen is pop out your trigger chassis, put it in the desired grip frame, and put your slide back on. The grip frames still cost money of course, but looks like you could in theory have a couple different set ups without a new gun

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
I have the P365 XMacro. I love the feel and conceal ability of that slender grip frame combined with the 17 plus 1 mag capacity. I would have preferred the TACOPS version but it wasn’t for sale at that time.
As said, these guns just came to my attention. But after digging around in the internet here recently and understanding when and how they were released, I do wonder why they didn’t release the compensated version and the non at the same time?
I’d be curious to see/feel how that compensated slide shoots

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 1973cb450
As said, these guns just came to my attention. But after digging around in the internet here recently and understanding when and how they were released, I do wonder why they didn’t release the compensated version and the non at the same time?
I haven’t shot the noncomped version to compare side by side but it doesn’t seem to offer a lot of reduction in muzzle rise to me. On the other hand it doesn’t seem overly loud to my ears either and hasn’t been the lint trap that I thought that it might be.

It’s been my favorite carry gun since buying it last September. Overall I like minimalist no frills on a carry gun and think that I would just as soon have the slight velocity boost of the longer barrel over the comp.

I have very large hands and hate that feeling of my pinky finger hanging in space as you mentioned. I actually generally like the “2x4” feel of a Glock 17 and similar frames that a lot of people complain about. There’s something about that full length slender Sig 365 frame though that is absolutely fantastic. It’s an ugly gun to my eye but I can’t say enough good things about how it carries and handles.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by TC1

Well said.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by TC1

Well said.

With an XL already you’re only a ~$60 grip module and a few 17 round magazines away from a Macro Tacops

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by 1973cb450
I haven’t shot the noncomped version to compare side by side but it doesn’t seem to offer a lot of reduction in muzzle rise to me. On the other hand it doesn’t seem overly loud to my ears either and hasn’t been the lint trap that I thought that it might be.

It’s been my favorite carry gun since buying it last September. Overall I like minimalist no frills on a carry gun and think that I would just as soon have the slight velocity boost of the longer barrel over the comp.

I have very large hands and hate that feeling of my pinky finger hanging in space as you mentioned. I actually generally like the “2x4” feel of a Glock 17 and similar frames that a lot of people complain about. There’s something about that full length slender Sig 365 frame though that is absolutely fantastic. It’s an ugly gun to my eye but I can’t say enough good things about how it carries and handles.

Very cool

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 10Glocks, 63 invisible), 2,257 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,695
Posts18,494,204
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.