Yours ya fuqking moron...

Coyotes shot no waiting.
HR IC

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by geedubya
Plain Jane factory 150's seem to do just fine.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Norma, 308 Win., 150 Gr. Soft Points all.

No muss!

No fuss!

ya'

GWB
480 grain bullets from a .460Wby work well also...

Entrance...

Exit...

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by geedubya
Plain Jane factory 150's seem to do just fine.

Norma, 308 Win., 150 Gr. Soft Points all.

No muss!

No fuss!

ya'

GWB

But your shooting a bullet with a miserable BC of way under .400? At the massive weight of 150 grains! From a 308 no less. Don't know exactly how but it works for me also.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
Originally Posted by Swamplord
which pecker is Lil Stick ?

the Downy pecker, lmao !

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

who let this double masked Covtard sit at the Campfire ? gross

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
which pecker is Lil Stick ?

the Downy pecker, lmao !

who let this double masked Covtard sit at the Campfire ? gross

Thats better...

Coyotes shot no waiting.
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Hondo64d
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Fhuqking hint. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

Spomer seems a little behind the times in his “revelation” with the Swift. If you’re looking to push high BC .224 bullets, nowadays there’s far better case options than the Swift.

I’ve been using the .22GT lately, and so far, am very pleased. 22-250 case capacity in a far better case design. Works great out of AICS type magazines. In fact, is the best feeding cartridge I have ever tried from that style of magazine. Cartridge OAL is a non issue as well.

Out of my latest barrel, a 20” Bartlein, I’m getting 3080fps from 88gr ELDs pushed by a warm load of H4350. In the conditions I shoot, out to 600 yards, it only drifts .1 mil/100 yards in a full value 7mph wind. From 600 to 1000, it does the same with a 6mph wind. Those numbers compare very favorably with my 6.5 Creedmoor pushing 147gr ELDs, but the .22GT is significantly flatter, needing 1.5 mils less elevation at 1000 than the 147. For those that don’t know mils, that’s 54” flatter.

Recoil is really light, making it much easier to spot my own impacts. And precision wise, it seems eager to please, putting five shots in the .2s at 100 and about .5MOA at 800.

Have only killed a couple of critters with it so far, but it has been very effective, producing DRTs on a 200ish pound sow and a 150ish pound boar. Sow was at about 175 yards, and Boar was 300ish.

So, Spomer is finally catching up to many of us in the benefits of small caliber, light recoiling, high BC bullets pushed to good velocities, but he doesn’t seem to have figured out the case geometry thing. The easy answer to get what he’s looking for would be factory produced .22 Creedmoor rifles and ammo, and it wouldn’t surprise me to see that before long. It has pretty good traction in the shooting community already and with the same capacity as the .220 Swift, adds another 100fps or so to the numbers of the .22GT.

John

It's very difficult to get an accurate range-finder reading on a prairie dog sized critter on flat ground when you are also on the same level, and it's about 400-500 yards away. Up to about 500 yards, a Swift shooting a 53 Vmax at around 3850 fps gives a greater first shot capability because of its flat trajectory. The light projectile reduces recoil and if there's negligible wind, then wind drift is not an issue. On hogs, a Swift using light projectiles will give you the same result as your .22GT. Those who used the Swift on big game like Ackley etc, were using light-weight projectiles that presumably were shot into the lungs and their explosiveness destroyed the lungs. It is questionable whether the heavy projectiles out of a large capacity .224 cartridge would have the same devastating effect. The design of the Swift does result in case stretching, but the design is very strong, a small diameter body surrounded by more metal from the barrel, a larger rim (.308 case size) for more metal around the primer pocket, the case taper and 21 degree shoulder gives good feeding and extraction. Past about 500 yards, the 75-88 grain projectiles in a fast twist are the way to go, but up to about 500 yards, I think the 53 grain Vmax is superior for the reasons stated.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Well there are actually two ways to use a .224 rifle. Fast and light bullets for what they were designed to do and the current day cult of long range paper/steel shooting and hunting light game with longer than usual bullets. I consider it crazy to want one rifle to do everything. Nuts actually.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
You Drooling CLUELESS Google Gals are a fhuqking hoot,with your rollicking Perpetual Pretendathon...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bolted together in unison,you Amazingly STUPID Fhuqks,couldn't arrange a first fhuqking clue as you espouse Delusions. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
You Drooling CLUELESS Google Gals are a fhuqking hoot,with your rollicking Perpetual Pretendathon...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bolted together in unison,you Amazingly STUPID Fhuqks,couldn't arrange a first fhuqking clue as you espouse Delusions. Hint.

I know I shouldn't say this, but it's kind of amusing seeing how someone who is so psychologically f'd up as you are, go into your predictable rant abusing anyone who has a different point of view to you. Of course, no one, with any common sense gets upset with the way you respond to people's posts, because it comes from a person who has significant mental issues. Now if you weren't so f'd up in the head, it might cause some concern what you say. But you are f'd up in the head...so what you say has no meaning. Hint.

Last edited by Riflehunter; 04/28/23.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
SniffleKchunt,

I simply shoot it all and then some,as you Google aloud...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Rest assured,nobody can make out to be a bigger piece of Lying Fhuqking Schit,than you can,by simply doing you best. Hint.

Pardon Physics upsetting you so,though it can go no other way. Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

^^^^^^^Exhibit A.

Dog I rescued in January

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
SniffleKchunt,

I simply shoot it all and then some,as you Google aloud...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Rest assured,nobody can make out to be a bigger piece of Lying Fhuqking Schit,than you can,by simply doing you best. Hint.

Pardon Physics upsetting you so,though it can go no other way. Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Come on Little Stick - one more time. Make me laugh again with your psychological issues. Perhaps show your absolute stupidity by posting a photo of yourself with a massive tree...thereby highlighting how short you are!!!!

Last edited by Riflehunter; 04/28/23.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Rickety,

You gotta steal your fhuqking avatar pic...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

SniffleKchunt,

I get it,that you are a Manic Brokedick Lying Piece Of CLUELESS Fhuqking Schit...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Pardon wares that simply exist,if only to your chargin,as you "live" vicariously. Hint.

Do NOT "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Hint.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Rickety,

You gotta steal your fhuqking avatar pic...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Hint.

SniffleKchunt,

I get it,that you are a Manic Brokedick Lying Piece Of CLUELESS Fhuqking Schit...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Pardon wares that simply exist,if only to your chargin,as you "live" vicariously. Hint.

Do NOT "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Hint.

Thank you.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
Fhuqking hint. Hint.

Spomer seems a little behind the times in his “revelation” with the Swift. If you’re looking to push high BC .224 bullets, nowadays there’s far better case options than the Swift.

I’ve been using the .22GT lately, and so far, am very pleased. 22-250 case capacity in a far better case design. Works great out of AICS type magazines. In fact, is the best feeding cartridge I have ever tried from that style of magazine. Cartridge OAL is a non issue as well.

Out of my latest barrel, a 20” Bartlein, I’m getting 3080fps from 88gr ELDs pushed by a warm load of H4350. In the conditions I shoot, out to 600 yards, it only drifts .1 mil/100 yards in a full value 7mph wind. From 600 to 1000, it does the same with a 6mph wind. Those numbers compare very favorably with my 6.5 Creedmoor pushing 147gr ELDs, but the .22GT is significantly flatter, needing 1.5 mils less elevation at 1000 than the 147. For those that don’t know mils, that’s 54” flatter.

Recoil is really light, making it much easier to spot my own impacts. And precision wise, it seems eager to please, putting five shots in the .2s at 100 and about .5MOA at 800.

Have only killed a couple of critters with it so far, but it has been very effective, producing DRTs on a 200ish pound sow and a 150ish pound boar. Sow was at about 175 yards, and Boar was 300ish.

So, Spomer is finally catching up to many of us in the benefits of small caliber, light recoiling, high BC bullets pushed to good velocities, but he doesn’t seem to have figured out the case geometry thing. The easy answer to get what he’s looking for would be factory produced .22 Creedmoor rifles and ammo, and it wouldn’t surprise me to see that before long. It has pretty good traction in the shooting community already and with the same capacity as the .220 Swift, adds another 100fps or so to the numbers of the .22GT.

John

It's very difficult to get an accurate range-finder reading on a prairie dog sized critter on flat ground when you are also on the same level, and it's about 400-500 yards away. Up to about 500 yards, a Swift shooting a 53 Vmax at around 3850 fps gives a greater first shot capability because of its flat trajectory. The light projectile reduces recoil and if there's negligible wind, then wind drift is not an issue. On hogs, a Swift using light projectiles will give you the same result as your .22GT. Those who used the Swift on big game like Ackley etc, were using light-weight projectiles that presumably were shot into the lungs and their explosiveness destroyed the lungs. It is questionable whether the heavy projectiles out of a large capacity .224 cartridge would have the same devastating effect. The design of the Swift does result in case stretching, but the design is very strong, a small diameter body surrounded by more metal from the barrel, a larger rim (.308 case size) for more metal around the primer pocket, the case taper and 21 degree shoulder gives good feeding and extraction. Past about 500 yards, the 75-88 grain projectiles in a fast twist are the way to go, but up to about 500 yards, I think the 53 grain Vmax is superior for the reasons stated.

Did you watch Spomer’s video?

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G

back in the day when punching paper interested me......

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
Fhuqking hint. Hint.

John

Did you watch Spomer’s video?

John
Yes, what particular point do you take issue with?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
SniffleKchunt,

Chunk all those in the trash and pass the 180 round nose Core-Lokt's

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
SwampTard,

It weren't my intent to horn you up,but given your proclivities,it could go no other way...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Point Proven on his psychosis.

How did you manage not to fall over stumps? I mean what are you like 4'9 or something along those lines? You lying living in fantasy land K-Hunt.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
dooshmike,

It's your Imagination,simply Pretend aloud with it...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Just checked Mail and it looks promising. Hint.

agedelkkchunt,

Schit your pants before Noon,didn'tcha'...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Perhaps tomorrow,you Amazingly STUPID Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit? Hint.

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you and your diaper can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,263 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,392
Posts18,488,767
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.