Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
[quote=Big Stick]Rickety,

You gotta steal your fhuqking avatar pic...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

I don't have an avatar pic you sawdust snorting nutcase.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

HR IC

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Why are you guys trying to debate a mental patient? Block him and move on

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Rickety,

Your Imagination and Pretend are consuming you...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Not that your Chicken Little Avatar,don't suit you fhuqking PERFECTLY! Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Rickety,

Your Imagination and Pretend are consuming you...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Not that your Chicken Little Avatar,don't suit you fhuqking PERFECTLY! Hint.

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart.

Hint.

Avatar pic goes under your screen name. Lay off the sawdust.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Rickety,

Feel free to "justify" the fact,that you are a Brokedick picture stealing fhuqk...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Rickety,

Feel free to "justify" the fact,that you are a Brokedick picture stealing fhuqk...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

That sawdust does a lot of talking for you. Funny schitt there.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Rickety,

NOTHING is fhuqking funnier,than a Brokedick Texan TRYING to "talk" rifles,with her stolen picture...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Saw Dust is plum handy,for the delivery of wares which actually fhuqking exist. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
Originally Posted by Hondo64d
Fhuqking hint. Hint.

Spomer seems a little behind the times in his “revelation” with the Swift. If you’re looking to push high BC .224 bullets, nowadays there’s far better case options than the Swift.

I’ve been using the .22GT lately, and so far, am very pleased. 22-250 case capacity in a far better case design. Works great out of AICS type magazines. In fact, is the best feeding cartridge I have ever tried from that style of magazine. Cartridge OAL is a non issue as well.

Out of my latest barrel, a 20” Bartlein, I’m getting 3080fps from 88gr ELDs pushed by a warm load of H4350. In the conditions I shoot, out to 600 yards, it only drifts .1 mil/100 yards in a full value 7mph wind. From 600 to 1000, it does the same with a 6mph wind. Those numbers compare very favorably with my 6.5 Creedmoor pushing 147gr ELDs, but the .22GT is significantly flatter, needing 1.5 mils less elevation at 1000 than the 147. For those that don’t know mils, that’s 54” flatter.

Recoil is really light, making it much easier to spot my own impacts. And precision wise, it seems eager to please, putting five shots in the .2s at 100 and about .5MOA at 800.

Have only killed a couple of critters with it so far, but it has been very effective, producing DRTs on a 200ish pound sow and a 150ish pound boar. Sow was at about 175 yards, and Boar was 300ish.

So, Spomer is finally catching up to many of us in the benefits of small caliber, light recoiling, high BC bullets pushed to good velocities, but he doesn’t seem to have figured out the case geometry thing. The easy answer to get what he’s looking for would be factory produced .22 Creedmoor rifles and ammo, and it wouldn’t surprise me to see that before long. It has pretty good traction in the shooting community already and with the same capacity as the .220 Swift, adds another 100fps or so to the numbers of the .22GT.

John

It's very difficult to get an accurate range-finder reading on a prairie dog sized critter on flat ground when you are also on the same level, and it's about 400-500 yards away. Up to about 500 yards, a Swift shooting a 53 Vmax at around 3850 fps gives a greater first shot capability because of its flat trajectory. The light projectile reduces recoil and if there's negligible wind, then wind drift is not an issue. On hogs, a Swift using light projectiles will give you the same result as your .22GT. Those who used the Swift on big game like Ackley etc, were using light-weight projectiles that presumably were shot into the lungs and their explosiveness destroyed the lungs. It is questionable whether the heavy projectiles out of a large capacity .224 cartridge would have the same devastating effect. The design of the Swift does result in case stretching, but the design is very strong, a small diameter body surrounded by more metal from the barrel, a larger rim (.308 case size) for more metal around the primer pocket, the case taper and 21 degree shoulder gives good feeding and extraction. Past about 500 yards, the 75-88 grain projectiles in a fast twist are the way to go, but up to about 500 yards, I think the 53 grain Vmax is superior for the reasons stated.

Did you watch Spomer’s video?

John
Yes, what particular point do you take issue with?

Spomer’s idea of using longer, high BC bullets in the Swift would be less than ideal in the short actions it is chambered for. You could achieve the exact same thing by using the .22Creedmoor, which is already fairly well established, and is a much better designed case, which works perfectly in a short action, even with the long, high BC bullets.

He is right in that the high BC bullets will be much better in the wind than the lightweights with their ping pong ball BCs. Additionally, he mentioned the rotational speed of the light bullets at a whopping 250,000 rpm or more. If rotational speed helps in terminal ballistics, then the high BC bullets win there too, due to the fast twist rates required to stabilize them. The high BC .224 bullets are typically north of 300,000 RPM.

There is no question of the effectiveness of the 77gr Sierra TMK or 88gr ELDs on game. Have a look at this thread on Rokslide. You have to sort through the posts from those that have actually done it vs those that pontificate on why it won’t work without actually having done it, but if you do that, there’s a lot of good information there.

https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/223-for-bear-deer-elk-and-moose.130488/

Ron was sorta headed the right direction in the last part of the video, but there are MUCH better candidates than the .220 Swift case to accomplish those goals.

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
SwampTard,

It weren't my intent to horn you up,but given your proclivities,it could go no other way...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
SwampTard,

What were the "odds" of you riding the pine on the sidelines,rattlin' pom-pom's and building banners...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Hello Stick...how have you been doing?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Swamp turd?

Coyotes shot no waiting.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Fhuqking hint. Hint.

Spomer seems a little behind the times in his “revelation” with the Swift. If you’re looking to push high BC .224 bullets, nowadays there’s far better case options than the Swift.

I’ve been using the .22GT lately, and so far, am very pleased. 22-250 case capacity in a far better case design. Works great out of AICS type magazines. In fact, is the best feeding cartridge I have ever tried from that style of magazine. Cartridge OAL is a non issue as well.

Out of my latest barrel, a 20” Bartlein, I’m getting 3080fps from 88gr ELDs pushed by a warm load of H4350. In the conditions I shoot, out to 600 yards, it only drifts .1 mil/100 yards in a full value 7mph wind. From 600 to 1000, it does the same with a 6mph wind. Those numbers compare very favorably with my 6.5 Creedmoor pushing 147gr ELDs, but the .22GT is significantly flatter, needing 1.5 mils less elevation at 1000 than the 147. For those that don’t know mils, that’s 54” flatter.

Recoil is really light, making it much easier to spot my own impacts. And precision wise, it seems eager to please, putting five shots in the .2s at 100 and about .5MOA at 800.

Have only killed a couple of critters with it so far, but it has been very effective, producing DRTs on a 200ish pound sow and a 150ish pound boar. Sow was at about 175 yards, and Boar was 300ish.

So, Spomer is finally catching up to many of us in the benefits of small caliber, light recoiling, high BC bullets pushed to good velocities, but he doesn’t seem to have figured out the case geometry thing. The easy answer to get what he’s looking for would be factory produced .22 Creedmoor rifles and ammo, and it wouldn’t surprise me to see that before long. It has pretty good traction in the shooting community already and with the same capacity as the .220 Swift, adds another 100fps or so to the numbers of the .22GT.

John

It's very difficult to get an accurate range-finder reading on a prairie dog sized critter on flat ground when you are also on the same level, and it's about 400-500 yards away. Up to about 500 yards, a Swift shooting a 53 Vmax at around 3850 fps gives a greater first shot capability because of its flat trajectory. The light projectile reduces recoil and if there's negligible wind, then wind drift is not an issue. On hogs, a Swift using light projectiles will give you the same result as your .22GT. Those who used the Swift on big game like Ackley etc, were using light-weight projectiles that presumably were shot into the lungs and their explosiveness destroyed the lungs. It is questionable whether the heavy projectiles out of a large capacity .224 cartridge would have the same devastating effect. The design of the Swift does result in case stretching, but the design is very strong, a small diameter body surrounded by more metal from the barrel, a larger rim (.308 case size) for more metal around the primer pocket, the case taper and 21 degree shoulder gives good feeding and extraction. Past about 500 yards, the 75-88 grain projectiles in a fast twist are the way to go, but up to about 500 yards, I think the 53 grain Vmax is superior for the reasons stated.

Did you watch Spomer’s video?

John
Yes, what particular point do you take issue with?

Spomer’s idea of using longer, high BC bullets in the Swift would be less than ideal in the short actions it is chambered for. You could achieve the exact same thing by using the .22Creedmoor, which is already fairly well established, and is a much better designed case, which works perfectly in a short action, even with the long, high BC bullets.

He is right in that the high BC bullets will be much better in the wind than the lightweights with their ping pong ball BCs. Additionally, he mentioned the rotational speed of the light bullets at a whopping 250,000 rpm or more. If rotational speed helps in terminal ballistics, then the high BC bullets win there too, due to the fast twist rates required to stabilize them. The high BC .224 bullets are typically north of 300,000 RPM.

There is no question of the effectiveness of the 77gr Sierra TMK or 88gr ELDs on game. Have a look at this thread on Rokslide. You have to sort through the posts from those that have actually done it vs those that pontificate on why it won’t work without actually having done it, but if you do that, there’s a lot of good information there.

https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/223-for-bear-deer-elk-and-moose.130488/

Ron was sorta headed the right direction in the last part of the video, but there are MUCH better candidates than the .220 Swift case to accomplish those goals.

John
I watched his video a second time. He is emphasizing how good the Swift is as a big game killer. He goes through the historical creditable accounts of how outstanding the Swift was when using light projectiles by such people as Glaser, Ackley, Womack on big game. Then he moves on to more speculation without citing authority, of using the Swift with 80 grain high bc bullets on game. He should have mentioned that many short actions would require deep seating of the 80 grain projectiles, however, Remington 700's with an extended box or Winchester Model 70 short actions would work fine with them. However, even though the long heavier high bc bullets in the Creedmore have been used a lot by now quite successfully, it doesn't seem as though the reports are concluding that the terminal performance is better than all other cartridges. This is in contrast to the reports of old that did say the use of the light bullets in the Swift was better than any other cartridge. Also, it seems that the terminal performance which he suggests might be attributed to RPM, is more attributable to centrifugal force opening up the projectiles rather than RPM per se. If using very long projectiles, the Creedmoor or your GT are better in most short actions which he should have mentioned, unless the video is pre-Creedmoor. From all this, together with what I wrote about using the 53 Vmax on varmints up to around 500 yards, the Swift using lighter projectiles is still excellent on varmints to 500 yards and from historical accounts from creditable people who killed a lot of game at the time, also excellent on bigger game with the correct lighter projectiles.

Last edited by Riflehunter; 04/28/23.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
J',

All good. Company arrives this evening,to help me burn up a month of Spring Fling vacation. Hint.

I'm sorting through new wares and old,getting set up and am ahead of the curve,as per usual. This is looking to be a Fling for the ages,as fishing has been EPIC. Hint.

I've not even gawked for a Bear,because I know I'd see some.(grin) The boys will have a different perspective and it'll be on. Pretty rough. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...................

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
elkkchunt,

Ain't it a fhuqking hoot,that you go to bed a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit,then wake up a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit and then feel compelled to steal pictures to boot...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon wares that exist,as you Google aloud. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.......................

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
J',

All good. Company arrives this evening,to help me burn up a month of Spring Fling vacation. Hint.

I'm sorting through new wares and old,getting set up and am ahead of the curve,as per usual. This is looking to be a Fling for the ages,as fishing has been EPIC. Hint.

I've not even gawked for a Bear,because I know I'd see some.(grin) The boys will have a different perspective and it'll be on. Pretty rough. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...................

Sounds like you have it covered old mate, have a good one.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
The Spring Fling makes for LONG days and it's a grind,but the laughs never stop. By the end,folks will be wore right the fhuqk out and Splendors will have been amassed. There will be broken rods,rusted rifles,fresh scratches on boats and stinking waders. Hint.

R&D never stops. Hint.(grin)

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
When it is over do us a favour and post some pictures...I am bored and working on my house.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (007FJ, 6mmCreedmoor, 35, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 12 invisible), 1,472 guests, and 876 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,311
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.