Print Thread
Hop To
Page 25 of 26 1 2 23 24 25 26
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RHClark
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by Ringman
You apparently missed the point too. The point is that it doesn't matter in the least if every square inch was covered or if one mountain top was left out.

If all the highest mountains under the whole sky were not covered then God is a deceiver. If God is a deceiver here, how can we trust anything in Scripture?

Why would anyone think God was a deceiver? The deceivers were those who embellished or made up what actually happened, especially since much was passed down by word of mouth for centuries before anyone wrote it down. Or maybe "deceiver" is too strong a word. Perhaps they just wanted to make stories more interesting.

Because Ringman thinks God himself wrote every word of the King James bible, and apparently only speaks old English.

If you don't mind maybe you would explain why you think I use the King James Bible, please.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Hastings
Jesus is the one who said the law and the prophets would last as long as heaven and earth do, not me.
But Jesus did not say that. And you are twisting the words that He did say. If there ever was a verse that the Torahists hang their hats on, it’s Matthew 5:18. This verse clearly does not present a clear and unambiguous teaching that the Mosaic Law would last as long as heaven and earth do, as the Torahists claim.

Jesus is clearly teaching that there won’t be even the slightest change in the Law of Moses until some condition is met. Either until heaven and earth pass away, or until all in the Mosaic Law is accomplished, or both. Heaven and earth clearly have literally not passed away. But the Torahists themselves clearly do contortions to try and explain why they are no longer bound by hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of commands in the Mosaic Law, as we’ve seen done right here on this thread. So clearly things much more significant than an iota or a dot have already passed from the law. And clearly there have been many changes to the Mosaic Law that resulted from the redemptive work of Jesus Himself.

For example, the sacrifice of animals is required under the Mosaic law to atone for sin. But the New Testament teaches that Jesus was our sin offering “once and for all,” and therefore “there is no longer any offering for sin.” The Law of Moses required a regular offering for sin. The New Testament does not. That alone is a pretty significant change.

Another example, the Mosaic Law required a big curtain in the temple to separate the Most Holy Place from the Holy Place. The Torah describes it as “a veil of blue and purple and scarlet yarns and fine twined linen. It shall be made with cherubim skillfully worked into it.” But in the New Testament, at the very moment Jesus died on the cross, God Himself ripped that temple veil in two from top to bottom. That’s a pretty significant occurrence, and it’s a pretty significant change.

Another example, the Law of Moses required that all priests come from the tribe of Levi, yet under the New Covenant, Jesus is our High Priest, even though He is from the tribe of Judah. That’s also a pretty significant change.

And Jesus made it crystal clear that He came to fulfill all that was in the Law. And He fulfilled it. He made it crystal clear that He came to accomplish all that was in the Mosaic Law. And He accomplished it. And in doing so, He clearly brought the Law to its pre-planned and pre-designated retirement.
Antlers: You know how to read and you know heaven and earth have not passed. Jesus has not yet returned and therefore "till al be fulfilled" has not happened. Heaven and earth have not passed away.

Jesus would not have left his remarks about so important a subject open to speculation and interpretation.

And in verse 20 Jesus clearly stated " That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the the scribes and the Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven". And after that he goes into a long spiel about the law and makes it plain that the letter of law and more importantly the spirit of the law are to be followed.

I understand folks would like to throw out the most important sentence of the sermon on the mount but alas, it means what it says. There is no code language or ambiguity. This was not a parable with an intrinsic message such as The Prodigal Son where the son was mankind and the father was God and the message was that all God wishes for and requires is repentance (and reform) and return to him.

Hastings
Allow me to explain where you have missed it. You are taking the quote "till all be fulfilled." to mean all things. Jesus was not saying that not one jot or title would pass until all things were fulfilled. as in the end of Revelations. Jesus was saying that all the law, every jot and title would stand until all of the LAW had been fulfilled.

The question then becomes has the law been fulfilled? If you understand scripture you know that it has because of the role Jesus played. It's exactly all Jesus accomplished and the reason he died on the cross. Let me explain my friend. Jesus met every requirement of the law by being completely sinless, and yet paying the full penalty just as if he had committed every sin. In this way Jesus both kept the law, and paid the price for not keeping the law for all who trust in him. That's how the law is fulfilled.

Now as to Jesus saying, "Except your righteousness exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees". The meaning here is to shock the audience. Those scribes and Pharisees were knownn to be sticklers to all the law and the sacrifices. Jesus was telling them that all their laws wouldn't be enough. They would need his righteousness which exceeded all their best efforts in keeping the law. They would need his righteousness by faith in him.

You mentioned we need to compare Scripture with Scripture to get the correct understanding. Jesus was referring to faith. Abraham believed and it was counted as righteousness. APOSTLE PAUL writes believing results in righteousness. Jesus was telling His listeners to have faith. Something the Pharisees lacked.

Jesus was telling them that it was Him they lacked. He was speaking of them needing his righteousness which is only by faith in him. Jesus is the point. Just having faith would be useless. Abraham believed God and it was accounted as righteousness, not just Abraham believed ,as you miss quoted.

Sorry, man. The Subject is Jesus. Anyone who knows the Subject of His conversation knows we are posting about God.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry, man. The Subject is Jesus. Anyone who knows the Subject of His conversation knows we are posting about God.
I am trying to figure out what you are saying here. It's not clear to me.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Hastings.

Do you never tire of playing with them, I mean playing them? You certainly go for the long game.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I believe the flood covered all the earth.

Sure, you can do that, yet whatever you do believe does not necessarily mean that it's true.
Says the gov loving lcokdown king on gov control land haha. Give up any guns lately?

So, with no ability to debate rationally, you poop your nappy and wail for attention like a baby.
Nope, just having fun at your big gov loving asses expense haha

You don't have a clue.

Do something about the state of your own nation. Oh wait, being clueless you can't do a thing, so like a little pimple faced Ponce you are left to whine about conditions in Australia, of which you know virtually nothing.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
RHClark,

Second request, would you explain why you think I use the King James Bible, please.

Everyday Hunter
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
RHClark,

Second request, wouldst thou explaineth why thou thinketh I useth ye olde King James Bible, please.

FIFT (Fixed It For Thee) 😉

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by plumbum
RHClark,

Second request, wouldst thou explaineth why thou thinketh I useth ye olde King James Bible, please.

Thanks, man. I need a lot of help.

Everyday Hunter
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by plumbum
RHClark,

Thanks, man. I need a lot of help.

I thinketh not 😀

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
RHClark,

Second request, would you explain why you think I use the King James Bible, please.
My old elderly great aunt told me "if it was good enough for Jesus it was good enough for her".

One thing I really like about King James is that he was anti tobacco.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B3

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The Ancient Israelites were God’s chosen people. Are they still God’s chosen people nowadays ~ Is the current nation of Israel still God’s ‘chosen’ nation…?
Is the nation of Israel that has existed since 1948 the same Israel that was guided by God throughout the OT…? There’s a firm allegiance that many people have…a lotta Christians in particular…to the belief that the nation of Israel of today remains God’s chosen people.

Many Christians, and many others, believe that the Israel of today…the one founded in 1948…continues to have a special status with God. And they believe that to be against Israel…for any reason…means to be against God, despite their (mostly) strong detestation of Jesus. Are they still the “chosen” people of Yahweh…?

Does it smell right ~ that those (mostly) who flat out detest Jesus can still be divinely cherished…? Is it possible that people…including many mainline evangelicals…are drinking the Kool-Aid of Christian Zionism…?

Does the nation of Israel…just like all of the nations of the world…need Jesus, the risen Savior…? Is salvation possible apart from Jesus…? As things stand, does the rejection of Jesus result in an eternity apart from God…? Does the view that people…whether Jews or Gentiles…who outright reject the Son of God, and still be saved a fallacy or not…?

Is it possible, or even probable, that many people…and especially many Christians…have accepted a false bill of goods about the nation of Israel today and their current place in God’s economy…?

Can it be that the people of Israel nowadays are the same as every other group of human beings on the earth…the same as you and me…in the sense that they are fallen and in need of salvation…? Can it be that the only “chosen” people are the ones who follow the Chosen One, who is Jesus…?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Ancient Israelites were God’s chosen people. Are they still God’s chosen people nowadays ~ Is the current nation of Israel still God’s ‘chosen’ nation…?
Is the nation of Israel that has existed since 1948 the same Israel that was guided by God throughout the OT…? There’s a firm allegiance that many people have…a lotta Christians in particular…to the belief that the nation of Israel of today remains God’s chosen people.

Many Christians, and many others, believe that the Israel of today…the one founded in 1948…continues to have a special status with God. And they believe that to be against Israel…for any reason…means to be against God, despite their (mostly) strong detestation of Jesus. Are they still the “chosen” people of Yahweh…?

Does it smell right ~ that those (mostly) who flat out detest Jesus can still be divinely cherished…? Is it possible that people…including many mainline evangelicals…are drinking the Kool-Aid of Christian Zionism…?

Does the nation of Israel…just like all of the nations of the world…need Jesus, the risen Savior…? Is salvation possible apart from Jesus…? As things stand, does the rejection of Jesus result in an eternity apart from God…? Does the view that people…whether Jews or Gentiles…who outright reject the Son of God, and still be saved a fallacy or not…?

Is it possible, or even probable, that many people…and especially many Christians…have accepted a false bill of goods about the nation of Israel today and their current place in God’s economy…?

Can it be that the people of Israel nowadays are the same as every other group of human beings on the earth…the same as you and me…in the sense that they are fallen and in need of salvation. Can it be that the only “chosen” people are the ones who follow the Chosen One, who is Jesus…?
Those are questions I struggle with today.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
There's still that blasted 144,000 who have to be considered. They're all Jews and they'll be sealed to God, whatever that means. There's still an antichrist who will sit in the temple which doesn't exist yet. It has to be built on Temple Mount and that will infuriate the world's Muslims. There's still Armageddon to come when all the world is against Israel and Jesus himself returns to defeat them.
All of this will happen in Israel and it's part of God's plan for them. You do NOT want to be part of any effort to defeat God's plan. When Jesus returns, his angels will sweep across the earth taking out any and all who support a defeat of Israel. God's way are not our ways.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
All of this will happen in Israel and it's part of God's plan for them. You do NOT want to be part of any effort to defeat God's plan. When Jesus returns, his angels will sweep across the earth taking out any and all who support a defeat of Israel. God's way are not our ways.

The Abrahamic Mind Virus is a plague.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JamesJr
One of the biggest things I've struggled with concerning the Bible is this very subject. It has been very hard to believe that the Jews are still His chosen people, after the way they rejected Jesus.

Eph 1:11 .... In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will

Jesus' death was preordained by God and aligned with His will. Without the Cross, we would be without any hope whatsoever.

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Is it possible that a great many people, especially Christians, are interpreting the Revelation in a way that is different from what really is…?

A not insignificant number of people, especially Christians, think that most of the prophecies in the Revelation were fulfilled not long after John wrote em.’ The Revelation opens and closes with declarations indicating that the things revealed in the book “must soon take place.” It also opens and closes with declarations indicating that “the time is near.”

These folks see the Revelation having a direct relevance to the real historical first century churches to whom it was addressed, and that the text of the book itself points to the imminent fulfillment of most of its prophecies.

Are they wrong…?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

Can it be that the people of Israel nowadays are the same as every other group of human beings on the earth…the same as you and me…in the sense that they are fallen and in need of salvation…? Can it be that the only “chosen” people are the ones who follow the Chosen One, who is Jesus…?
So you think Jews detest Jesus ? Do you detest Mohamed ? What is the difference?

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
There's still that blasted 144,000 who have to be considered. They're all Jews and they'll be sealed to God, whatever that means. There's still an antichrist who will sit in the temple which doesn't exist yet. It has to be built on Temple Mount and that will infuriate the world's Muslims. There's still Armageddon to come when all the world is against Israel and Jesus himself returns to defeat them.

I would encourage you to read Josephus. I’ve come around to the point of view lately that much of those prophecies were fulfilled 2000 years ago with the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple.

- A temple was already rebuilt from the time when that prophecy was made. An Anti-Christ already entered the Holy of Holies in the form of Titus, who would become the Emperor. Titus also erected statues and banners to his father, Emperor Vespasian. The emperor at that time was divine and styled in Roman usage and coinage as “The Son of God.”

- These events happened in 70 A.D. and were prophesied by Jesus when he spoke of the End of the Age. It was the end of the Age of the Temple and sacrifice and the beginning of the new covenant with the church. It also occurred “before this generation passes” a told by Jesus to his disciples.

-Jesus had told of the need to flee when they saw the abomination of the desolation standing in the holy of holies. Apparently in their long war putting down the Jewish Revolt the Romans had retreated or moved their armies away from Jerusalem. Many thought it was safe. Then the Romans reversed course. During Passover people in Jerusalem essentially woke up one morning to find that during the night they had been surrounded by a Roman army of about 60,000. The surprise was complete except for those Christians and others who had heeded Jesus’ words and already fled. It might be that a significant number of Jews realized Jesus was telling the truth at that time, converted, and were saved. Anyway, based on the number of sacrifices they counted, the Romans calculated there were 2.2 million people in the city from all over Judea when Jerusalem was surrounded. The vast majority of them were killed or sold into slavery.

-Josephus also talked about a lot of supernatural stuff going on during the siege. There were chariots aplearing in the sky, apparent battles in the sky, trumpets in the sky and all sorts of stuff. Apparently some Christians at the time interpreted these events as s type of return of Jesus.

-And of course, not a stone of the Temple was left standing as Jesus had foretold.

-Another thing that is missed sometimes is how complete the Roman destruction of the Jews was. In the first revolt talked about above, they eliminated what were possibly millions of Jews. Then anther revolt a few years later was made by Jews across the empire and they were killed. Then the Bar Khokba revolt around 135 A.D. saw up to 400,000 of the Jews left in Judea killed and/or enslaved. And the Jewish religion did not survive. Old Testament Judism was about the Temple and sacrifices. After the destruction of the Temple it had to be reinvented. After the 135 AD revolt, Jews were forbidden from even entering a much diminished Jerusalem. The Talmudic Judism that emerged bore almost no resemblance to Old Testament Judism.

Last edited by JoeBob; 11/02/23.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Is it possible that a great many people, especially Christians, are interpreting the Revelation in a way that is different from what really is…?

A not insignificant number of people, especially Christians, think that most of the prophecies in the Revelation were fulfilled not long after John wrote em.’ The Revelation opens and closes with declarations indicating that the things revealed in the book “must soon take place.” It also opens and closes with declarations indicating that “the time is near.”

These folks see the Revelation having a direct relevance to the real historical first century churches to whom it was addressed, and that the text of the book itself points to the imminent fulfillment of most of its prophecies.

Are they wrong…?
It's only been a couple of days since then...
2 Peter 3:8 But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

There's a lot of debate among Biblical scholars on whether Rev was written before or after 70AD. Many think is was around 90 to 95. That would put much of it in the future.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I think that what you (JoeBob) say in your post above should certainly be at least considered as possibly what really is. Based upon Josephus’ historical writings, in addition to what history tells us about the absolute destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple, this was all a HUGE series of events lasting years. Life-changing for the entirety of the ancient Israelites. Certainly big enough that it would have been mentioned by the historical writers of the New Testament if any of it had happened prior to those historical documents having been written.

I think that it can be argued persuasively that all of the books of the New Testament…in addition to nearly all of the events that they describe (including the Revelation)…happened before 70 AD ~ before the Temple and Jerusalem was completely destroyed.

Should this viewpoint at least be considered…?

Page 25 of 26 1 2 23 24 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 1234, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 67 invisible), 2,285 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,576
Posts18,510,849
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.