-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I prefer the looks of the JO, and based on limited examples (2 OG, 1 JO) they work a bit better.

Mentioned this elsewhere, but the JO hinged unit allows you to load the box from below. Flip the rifle over, open the floorplate, drop in 3, tilt to let them settle to the rear, and close the door. If you direct load one first, that gives you four.

Was having issues with the JO feeding the round sitting on the follower, then noticed the spring wasn’t completely seated in the slot on the floorplate, maybe 1/8”. Fixed that and problem solved.

Nice goods you got there HPK.

What fresh Hell is this?
HR IC

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
Anyone seating further out than 2.44" with the Oregunsmithing bottom metal and internal magazine?

I have the OG bottom metal on my Mini Grendel. My 123 grain Hornady SST handloads are 2.28, and there's enough room in the magazine that they might be able to be loaded longer. I found the accuracy I was looking for at that length and left it alone.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Nice goods you got there HPK.

HPK's bottom metal makes me want to pick up a .223 mini just to see if they're as good there as in the 6 A and 6.5 G. I'm liking the mini action way more than I thought I would and the stock options make it a slim/trim package. In stainless it would be a real hard package to beat for the shorty rounds.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have a 223 1-8 20 inch sporter weight in a youth stock. I got it for my girls but I use it a lot as is, I could a slip on pad but works fine.

I added the OG bm, bedded the factory stock and rattle canned it with daughter, good project for us.

Other than that I left it alone, I paid $325 with the youth and adult stocks both, it was a sale deal, sold the adult stock so have a about 375 in it after buying a used OG BM set.

I put an old usa made Burris 3-9x32 compact AO on it which looks size appropriate on it, to each his own but I hate the look and balance of a huge scope on a little gun.

It shoots about 1 moa, maybe a little more with cheap factory 55 gr and with my hunting load of a 60 grain nosler partition.

It is the perfect walk around gun, good enough for varmints at a reasonable range, deer or pigs at any range the little caliber is appropriate to take them.

I have read all the threads about upgrading to CF stocks, putting a new trigger on it as the factory is ok, not bad but not great, etc…

I finally said why, it is light enough as is, it shoots good enough as is and I don’t have a mint in it making it the perfect rifle to me.

Spence

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A replacement stock can be a pricey option, as is the Carbon Stalker model compared to the Tupperware®️, but the appearance is much better (especially the stocks from Wayne York), and the light weight lets you mount a reliable optic and still keep the total package weight down. I’m 71, and am coming up on 50lbs of weight loss, but a typical hunting trip for me involves 1.5-2.5 miles of walking over rolling terrain with elevation changes of 200’ or more, and my old knees appreciate every ounce I cut from my gear. My two tweaked Minis are both very close in weight to my Fieldcraft, a good place.

Never thought I needed a better trigger.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I'm interested in triggers folks are using. I've been using a Timney on a Grendel and the factory on an ARC. I like the factory 3 position...the Timney is 2 position and I had to dremel a bit of stock away for it to fit. Not a big deal on the dremel but I do wish it was 3 position.

Is there an aftermarket 3 position trigger for the mini?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

I'm interested in triggers folks are using. I've been using a Timney on a Grendel and the factory on an ARC. I like the factory 3 position...the Timney is 2 position and I had to dremel a bit of stock away for it to fit. Not a big deal on the dremel but I do wish it was 3 position.

Is there an aftermarket 3 position trigger for the mini?
Timney 611?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Someone posted the headless screws to help bed the minis but I can’t find that post now. Can anyone help me out with that info again?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Biathlonman
Someone posted the headless screws to help bed the minis but I can’t find that post now. Can anyone help me out with that info again?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbil...Socket-Set-Screw-2-Pack-845998/204833669

Those are what I used. Of course they need to be coated well with release agent. When removing they'll need to be screwed out and you'll need to drill open the screw holes but it only takes a couple of minutes.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Buy a couple of bolts, trim the threads to fit action, cut the heads off and wrap with teflon tape or liberally coat with release agent and rock on.

I have a set for several different actions and makes it easier and less likely to wing up with an action welded to the stock

[Linked Image from texashuntingforum.com]

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
IC B3

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

210 members (300_savage, 16penny, 280shooter, 29aholic, 204guy, 2ndwind, 32 invisible), 2,295 guests, and 1,152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,253
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.