Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Interesting discussion.

I have two rifles built in 7mm-08, both primarily for paper and/or steel. The first is a 22" Bartlein on a 700 short action (standard box magazine), the other is a 26" Bartlein on a Defiance action with AICS mags. I picked up a decent amount of Hornady 162s, Sierra 168s, and Nosler CC 175s, but haven't had much time lately to really see what they will do. I'd originally planned on using them with StaBall 6.5, it seems to give the best numbers, but also want to try with H100v and some sort of Norma 204 equivalent I snagged last week.

HR IC

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel
I would never try heavy 180 grain bullets out of a 7mm-08. They are far too heavy for the case capacity and turtle speed velocities they would get, but this is my guess only as I have never tried bowling balls out of my 7mm-08 rifles.

YMMV.

A 120 - 140 grain bullet in 7mm diameter is gonna have shape and flight characteristics much more akin to a bowling ball than a 180 ELDM.

Don't speculate when you don't know, and don't second guess when you do.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
As plainly cited,the 180 ELD ala 7-08 fhuqks with heads,especially pointy ones. Hint.

Starting velocity,ain't impact velocity and that too,escapes most. Hint.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Higginez
Well what do you know?

Stick was right about that RL17! LOL

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Yep the worst thing about stick is not the part about him being right occasionally.

Dog I rescued in January

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I don't even shoot through any of my (3) chronographs any more. Ballistics AE and erectors of repute,retired 'em all. Hint.

Kiss,find pressure and rock on. Gun a zero,then shoot generated DOPE,to near the Transonic Slip. Bullet flight can't paint a picture,which ain't a simplistic fact. Hint.

Had the newest 270 out this morning,chasing a rooted ceiling,doing just that to 1250yds. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

The 7-08/180 ELD melding,is BIG Medicine and tough not to love. You'll be doing a Hurricane Dance,just to keep schit resembling an inkling of "fairness". It fhuqks with heads. Hint...................(grin)

You left out the dead fish.........

Dog I rescued in January

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rickity,

My connect percentage is without peer,simply because I'm afforded the luxuries of not being forced to guess. That as opposed to say a Texan,who's ONLY "move" is to guess. Pardon my simply shooting it all,as you grasp for straws,with trembling fingers. Hint.

That besides being a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
About that dead fish........

Dog I rescued in January

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Rickity,

My connect percentage is without peer,simply because I'm afforded the luxuries of not being forced to guess. That as opposed to say a Texan,who's ONLY "move" is to guess. Pardon my simply shooting it all,as you grasp for straws,with trembling fingers. Hint.

That besides being a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

That Spruce sawdust is some serious schit, that isn't and was never an avatar. Your avatar is up there under your screen name. About that dead fish.........

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rickety,

You be SURE to "justify" your being a CLUELESS Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit,in the manner which soothes you most. Steal a couple more pics along the way,beings it's your only "move". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Still no dead fish?

Dog I rescued in January

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rickety,

Keep "living" vicariously,like a baby bird with her neck craned and mouth agape...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Be sure to start a Thread on The BIG Day,when you see your first 180 ELD,or go Outdoors. Hint.

Bless your Whining Brokedick Lying Heart.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!............

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Ha ha ha too funny. This one isn't dead though.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This one isn't either. Hint.

How come the water is so steep? Is it to drain all of your Whining Insecurity Tears...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your Whining Brokedick Lying Heart.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!............

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
.795 G1 is an eye opener and thinking the nay sayers would be eating their words with one pull of the trigger.

This rifle was intended to be a 7 Saum from the start and mechanics made me change direction.

Glad I did as the 250 fps is just not that necessary imho.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Y’all are killing me.

I’ve got a #1A 7x57 with a 2-7 Monarch (a rig Stick is SURE to love!🤣) and you’ve got ME wanting to try the damn things.

I do know that a 175 Game Kings and 175 Hornady RN’s at 2500 will trash everything between the ribs on a big (for Tennessee) whitetail.

Operating under the assumption that Ruger’s 1:8.75” twist will spin them.

Where I’m at now, I might even have to shoot a deer all the way to 150 yards!😂

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've long been content,to align mechanical dots and let the bullet do the work. As mentioned several times,the 7-08/180 ELD melding,straight fhuqks with heads and nobody can believe it. Hint.

With that being said,I've been on the hunt for 84L Donor and when noone was looking,I'd turn it into a duped/shorten shanked 22" 1-8" RPM Seven Times Fifty-Seven Mouser,for 180's expressly. Lapooey Virgins,Skookum dies and lotsa 180's lay patiently in wait. Hint.

You are on solid ground,if a TRUE 8.75". Hint............

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I've long been content,to align mechanical dots and let the bullet do the work. As mentioned several times,the 7-08/180 ELD melding,straight fhuqks with heads and nobody can believe it. Hint.

With that being said,I've been on the hunt for 84L Donor and when noone was looking,I'd turn it into a duped/shorten shanked 22" 1-8" RPM Seven Times Fifty-Seven Mouser,for 180's expressly. Lapooey Virgins,Skookum dies and lotsa 180's lay patiently in wait. Hint.

You are on solid ground,if a TRUE 8.75". Hint............

I am looking for the same one.. I think it'd be a hummer.

Semper Fi
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Seems it might be a bit better out of a 280 or 280AI. You could get the same fps and be easy on your brass or get more fps and gain what that might give you.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rickety,

You are guessing again/still. Mechanics matter,whether you "understand" or not...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,for trying though.

This is a GREAT time(like always),for you to simply shut the fhuqk up,take notes and apply same. HINT.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Rickety,

You are guessing again/still. Mechanics matter,whether you "understand" or not...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,for trying though.

This is a GREAT time(like always),for you to simply shut the fhuqk up,take notes and apply same. HINT.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

A few more feet per second never hurts, what happened to that heavy 280 you built on a Ruger action? That was supposed to be your special long range gun. Or was that some delusion on your part?

Dog I rescued in January

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

150 members (3dtestify, 280ACKIMP, 44mc, 007FJ, 1badf350, 700LTR, 15 invisible), 12,892 guests, and 1,103 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,338
Posts18,546,276
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.