Originally Posted by AKwolverine
It is.

Last night I went down the Rule rabbit hole of “did they ever make a black tipped stock without a cheek piece?”

Turns out, they did, as a class 4 special order for left handed shooters.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

That's pretty cool AK. When I was talking to one of Bobin's buddies, he supposedly worked for Winchester back in the day and he said he saw so many uncatalogued rifles go out the door that it would make our heads spin. He didn't like to post here because people would say he was crazy, so he kept info like that to himself. His brother Matt was one of Bobs closest friends, and they hung out quite a bit. I also knew another guy that knew Bert Hartman, and he told me the same thing. So, when I see some rifles that are questionable, sometimes I believe they could have been directly from Winchester.

The rifle in the OP is pretty cool, but it's been monkeyed with. Like the front sight that came off of a target model. Nothing wrong with doing that, as it can always be returned back to original. Whoever owned and used that rifle, used it quite a bit more than I'm used to seeing. However, they cared for the rifle and it does have character. They did not try to do a cover up job, which is commendable.

It looks like someone bought the rifle, so the price point at $1,500.00 was acceptable to someone. Maybe someone here? If so, I'd still like to know the bore condition, and if it still shoots well.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA