Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by BKinSD
Not alot of similarities in the gun anyway. That one was a SG FW pre 64 .270 being sold as part of an estate in Michigan by the personal rep of the estate. The guy didn't market it as being anything special. If anything he undersold what he had or purportedly had. I was just thinking about that gun the other day and wondering where it went. I'd love to take that stock off and see what's under it.

This seller by name anyway seems to be in the industry at least, and should know better anyway. And seems to have terribly oversold what the gun is, he's just flat wrong about it in so many ways as you know.

I don't know about the script on the floor plate. Someone educate me on that? The only post 64 I own is a 270 FW that my folks presented me at my HS graduation in 1986.
Was the first supergrade you referenced the one that was being sold by the sheriff’s department?

Regarding the script that I referenced - it’s the “featherweight” in script on those first year classics; sn all under G50xxx. It changed to the standard block lettering after the first year.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

That part is collectible as hell. Don't see them like that too often at all. The push feed XTR and post XTR was the first ones they scribed featherweight in cursive writing.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

AK, do you know the first year they started doing that? 1986 or what?? Although, the classic is not in full cursive. It actually looks better than the cursive scribed ones.
‘90 ish. I think someone reported they had an ‘89 by sn that was marked as such in another thread, but I can’t find it to verify right now.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Thanks AK. Do you know what the "A" on the end of the serial # means? These jokers won't go down on their price right now, but they will have it for a long while around here (the small town I live in). There just isn't enough Winchester guys here that it's going to sell at their asking price. Besides it has a damn vortex scope on it. I asked if they would sell without the scope and the idiot behind the counter said, "yeah, I can pull the scope off and sell it for the same price". I said, why the fu ck do you think I'd do that?". ... They will sit on the rifle for at least a year and I'll come in and buy it for cheap.. More than likely. As it is, the rifle is not worth the asking price..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA