Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My, my

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Hastings
My, my

Gawd....did you listen to that?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Hastings
My, my

Gawd....did you listen to that?
Yes I did, and thanked God that I won the lottery (of life).

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Men like him shouldn't get married. Ever. He's a total loser and with his attitude, it's no wonder that he'd soon be divorced. At least that's what I got from the 1st 90 sec because that's all I could stomach.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The wife and I, married for 45 years, just carried (4) deck chairs 0.7 miles from the grocery store.

We were in lock step.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
It can be good, it can be bad!!

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Ya hope for the best, but mathematically he has a point.

The thing is though is that the 51% divorce rate gets skewed buy 2nd & 3rd marriages. First marriages have a higher success rate & those are usually the ones to raise children & the numbers are better. There's hope there.

After that, it can be a crap shoot for sure.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from mckinleyirvin.com]

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Wow! averages including 3 marriages at a 58% failure rate. Higher than I thought.

Met a gut once that was about to enter his 12th marriage, not just that, but to women of 12 different nationalities. Ask him which was his fave. He answered with...the next one.

Oh well, fun can be had with it all I guess.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Men like him shouldn't get married. Ever. He's a total loser and with his attitude, it's no wonder that he'd soon be divorced. At least that's what I got from the 1st 90 sec because that's all I could stomach.

I listened for all of 15 seconds. It took me that long to absorb his message: let's not have families, let's not have a social structure...let's all just go out and find all the free tail we can find and pound it.

Yeah...that's the formula for national success all right.

The guy is a loser through and through.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The opinion here may be skewed because of the average age of the members. Most happily married guys are likely older fellas who married long ago.

Take a look at younger women and listen to their views on body count and settling down. Respect for men among younger women is pretty low. I'd say this jaded fella is closer to the truth than not.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Buttfuglia still desperately hoping she can be a "man."

LOL

Constants are constant.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RiverRider

I listened for all of 15 seconds. It took me that long to absorb his message: let's not have families, let's not have a social structure...let's all just go out and find all the free tail we can find and pound it.

That's not what he said at all. Not surprised that you missed the point in that 15 second sampling.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Buttfuglia still desperately hoping she can be a "man."

LOL

Constants are constant.
Who's this new guy?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Originally Posted by RiverRider

That's not what he said at all. Not surprised that you missed the point in that 15 second sampling.

Think about how market pressure works...supply and demand. Apply that to human behavior.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gunzo
Wow! averages including 3 marriages at a 58% failure rate. Higher than I thought.

Met a gut once that was about to enter his 12th marriage, not just that, but to women of 12 different nationalities. Ask him which was his fave. He answered with...the next one.

Oh well, fun can be had with it all I guess.

That is not correct math.

You need to do a weighted average...meaning there are more first marriages than second or third, and more second marriages than third.

Without knowing the ratios, you cannot calculate the weighted average.

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I was married the first time and it lasted ten years. Should have got rid of her the 1st year. Now have been married 49 years. There have been bumps but overall, we get along. I don't think the figures mean much. If a guy or women marries 3-4 +times, there is usually something wrong with them, not the other person. IMHO.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
My first wife and I were doomed from the get go. Lasted a bit over two years. First, she lied about her age or nothing would have happened. She ends up pregnent and it turns out she's 16, not the 19 she said she was. Interesting choice, marriage or 20 years. Hmmm. I like her well enough and she the same and 20 years hard time didn't seem to be all that nice. Funny thing is if it hadn't been for family interference on both sides we might have still been together right now. Her mother hated my guts and let her know 24/7 how she felt. My family did the same but not to my face. The went after her as the slut that ruined my life. She never said a word and after two kids she wanted out. After it was all over and done, I had "reasonable" visitation rights to see my kids. Her mother decided I had none so I didn't pay. Her lawyer came after me and I told him that as long as I'm not allowed to see my kids I'm not paying. FU! Told me he'd put me in jail. I told him fine, three meals a day, a bed to sleep in and a roof over my head. FU!. Never heard another word from him. I never got to see m kids until they went to my father's funeral. They were full adults size. Momma didn't come.

I remarried and hit the jackpot. We had 52 years before she passed four years ago. She was divorced from her first husband and had three kids and we had one of our own. My family thought I was nuts for marrying her. I don't know. We had good time and we had some bad times but we lasted through it all.

I did see my ex one more time shortly after I remarried. It was when seeing my kids after all those years and we arranged a meeting on their home ground. I was pretty blunt about what happened and my wife was talking with my ex. My ex told her that still wished she'd never divorced me. When one of my grand daughters got married a few years back I went to the wedding and had to be next to the ex for most of the day. She said the same thing.

Just my thought on the high divorce rate. People today are just too damn lazy to make it work. At one time, a divorced woman was looked down upon. No the courts make it a cash cow for them, deserved or not. The point is a marriage takes work on both sides. If both can't or wont work at it. then I'd have to agree with what that guy said, "Don't do it."
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

Lots of downsides to be sure, but it ain’t like there’s alternatives.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

58 members (808outdoors, 338Rules, 38HBWC, 35, 8 invisible), 2,192 guests, and 858 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,779
Posts18,536,022
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.