Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by BKinSD
I slipped a new trigger spring in last night and put the works in a brown McM with a red pad. Took it to the rifle range this morning and fed it Federal factory fodder. Three shots at 100 produced two holes touching and a third flyer about an inch and a half away. Trigger needs a bit more work, its crisp but still heavy; the scope has to go.

Did you glass bed it? That, a little trigger adjustment and a better scope will shrink those groups. That blue box federal is good testing ammo for sure though.. I like your choice of color scheme on that mcmillan. Which Mcmillan did you go with?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

B
BKinSD Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Thanks its the one with the Sako palm swell.

No glass bedding yet but I sure might do that. Know anyone who knows how to do it? wink

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Thanks its the one with the Sako palm swell.

No glass bedding yet but I sure might do that. Know anyone who knows how to do it? wink
lol

Sounds like a McMillan Winchester hunter.

B
BKinSD Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Could be. It has a cheekpiece and a palm swell and looks like the Sako Hunter currently on the McM website. I bought it second hand here at the 'fire.

I have the rifle in it now and have mounted a Conquest and lightened the trigger for a return to the range perhaps later today.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Could be. It has a cheekpiece and a palm swell and looks like the Sako Hunter currently on the McM website. I bought it second hand here at the 'fire.

I have the rifle in it now and have mounted a Conquest and lightened the trigger for a return to the range perhaps later today.

Very nice. That Conquest will work just fine. I had to pull my Terra out and slap it on a 7 pound 300WSM the other day for one of my buddies. He's talking about wanting a lightweight 300 magnum:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That scope used to be on my first 270 fwt (1957):

I ran a Conquest on my lightweight 338wm for the longest time, but have upgraded over the last year. Most of my Zeiss scopes have gone on the chopping block... Great scopes with excellent glass, but more of a "set and forget" type of optic. I like to be able to ring them out a little more with a ballistic type reticle. The Terra has the RZ6 reticle, which gets you out to 600 yards with some cartridges. It works, but I still much prefer the Ballistic plex in the Burris..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mighty fine rifle BK, looks like you’ve got a keeper!

💪

B
BKinSD Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Thanks! I took the Conquest off. My LGS made me a deal on a Z3 that I couldn't pass up. I think I'll glass bed the original stock for it perhaps as well.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Thanks! I took the Conquest off. My LGS made me a deal on a Z3 that I couldn't pass up. I think I'll glass bed the original stock for it perhaps as well.

The Z3 is a nice scope. Is it the 3-9x36? Those are damn light and have very good glass in them. Still a "set and forget" scope, but should work out nicely on your fwt. You'll have to get us some pics buddy!!!

BSA MAGA
B
BKinSD Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Its a 3-10x42 I guess. With the Christmas tree reticle. My LGS takes super good care of me; I take good care of them too. Made me a deal I couldn't pass up.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yessir! All you need is a pocket full of tags and a bigger freezer. 😃

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Looking good man!!

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Great snag on the Fwt !

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

400 members (257_X_50, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 260Remguy, 260madman, 44 invisible), 2,372 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,859
Posts18,478,555
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.