Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by moosemike
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by smallfry
It’s truly amazing how many folks can’t stand another persons opinion or stated facts.

Point taken however I am posting more towards those who want to suppress someone from speaking.

I agree. I tangled with one such OG from the Fire as he could not abide suggestions of other cartridges or denials of the 270 Winchester. He was intolerant of other's opinions. He eventually quit posting here.
Well Stick won't be going anywhere. He can dish it and take it

Yep, gotta give him that much credit.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
HR IC

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
OK. People sure get worked up over Big Stick and occasionally dig up stuff he has said DECADES ago that seem to not jive with what he likes now. You can even find where he has liked 25-06s/257s… but here is where he differs from most…. he has tried it and evolved/moved on. A person can change their opinion or paradigm on how they view equipment or use. It’s truly amazing how many folks can’t stand another persons opinion or stated facts.
Has nothing to do with a different opinion. Has to do with him being a loud mouth douchebag who thinks his way is the only way that works..hes a retard

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KenMi
He was successful in turkey hunting this year, got to give him that much. Nary a primer was spent. Hint

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
Lmfao!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've got a "German" Weatherby I'd be willing to part with. Not sure on the weight, but it has the pencil barrel. I think I even have a synthetic stock for it too.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by KenMi
He was successful in turkey hunting this year, got to give him that much. Nary a primer was spent. Hint

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Hah! Perfect.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Has nothing to do with a different opinion. Has to do with him being a loud mouth douchebag who thinks his way is the only way that works..hes a retard

THIS.

Unfortunately, everyone seems to tolerate the little cat turd. Except for a few threads lately, which I've found most refreshing.

"Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war."

Time to show your colors, MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BigDutch

THIS.

Unfortunately, everyone seems to tolerate the little cat turd. Except for a few threads lately, which I've found most refreshing.

Well, he been thrown off every other gun/shooting forum.....

Like Raylan said: "you meet an azzhole in the morning, you met an azzhole. You meet azzholes all day, YOU'RE the azzhole."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
300 Weatherby in a lightweight rifle should be painful to shoot. Its recoil could ruin your shooting by causing you to flinch when you fire it. I wouldn’t put a brake on it. Instead have a recoil pad built into your shirt and a recoil pad on the but of your rifle.

Check out the Weatherby ultralight in 300 Weatherby. They are nice and light. I have a 243 ultralight that’s real light and I plan on using it for deer with Barnes X bullets.

https://weatherby.com/store/mark-v-ultra-lightweight/

Last edited by ConradCA; 06/20/23.

[Linked Image from ]
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I had a Weatherby Ultralight in 300 Weatherby for sheep hunting. Weighing 5 3/4 lbs. Without scope or rings it was not "painful to shoot". It did require gripping the fore end tightly while shooting off the bench and it was a must to firmly push the very efficient factory recoil pad into the shoulder. While working up a sheep hunting load I shot a 3/4" 3 shot group off the bunch and was very excited about the rifle. While shooting an easy shot at a Dall sheep in the Brooks Range it was hit high in the back. Upon return I found that the rifle would fling one random flyer in every group so off to Weatherby it went. They returned it saying there was nothing wrong. I sent it back and said to video tape the range session and show me the target. I discussed the issue with Engineering and asked that they let me know what issue for the flyers they found. I received a new rifle but Engineering would not disclose the cause. I promptly sold the replacement rifle and bought a 300 WSM Model 70 weighing 15 ozs. more but utterly reliable. A good trade for 100 less fps in the WSM than the Weatherby. Do a google search and you will find others having the same issue with the 300 Wthby UL.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The UL's in 300 Bee did have a problem.

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Fotis: Was the cause of the problem ever determined?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The pencil thin barrel and the major barrel whip from the violent cartridge. I have worked on a few and NONE shot well.

The others did not have such an issue. 280, 257 bee 7mm bee etc......

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Thanks for the info Fotis

Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

106 members (44mc, 1100mag, 10Glocks, 35, 10gaugemag, 14 invisible), 1,306 guests, and 945 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,748
Posts18,495,256
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.