Print Thread
Hop To
L
ldg397 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Here is another. Curious about opinions on this rifle.

I know the seller and can go look at it in person next week.

It appears it might have a stock repair at heel and something is up with the bolt and extractor and it bothers me it is not advertised as a super grade even though it appears to be.

Model 70 Supergrade?

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Priced like one tho. I've noticed this place is always quite high on their pricing. Makes me wonder about their local market and how it might perhaps be different than what I experience here. IDK about that rear sight either.

I do not think its a buy at 4500 bucks even if legit, and rather think that 3k is a deal and 3295 would be a fair asking price, if its indeed a legit SG. I could be way off tho.

Looking at the bolt SN and for SG markings under the barrel would be the first two keys in my own mind. Interested to hear what others think as well.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I’d pass

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Idg397: That put together gun is NOT worth $4,999.00+ dollars in any way, shape or form.
I saw that suspicious crack at the heel but it MAY just be a dark stripe in the wood? But THAT is NOT what turned me off to that way over-priced gun.
Other things did.
The number of times it has been taken apart and the mis-matched "Super Grade" floorplate/trigger guard and the incorrect rear sight lead me to believe this is just another "gun-breaker" type gun that is NOT sellable, anywhere, face to face!
Personally I would steer clear of it.
I have an "all original" MINT condition Supergrade 270 in that serial range (158,XXX) and I value it about $1,000.00 less than that unoriginal (possibly even been put together?) over-priced "Super Grade" you linked to!
BEWARE buying "collector guns" on "gun-breaker" type online sights - avoid the myriad of problems that come about whenst buying collector guns "on-line"!
I am glad YOU can visually inspect this Rifle.
Use caution and an abundance of disbelief when assessing this gun in person.
I have some other questions about this Rifle but the poor quality photos (and the omissions of some needed photos!) completely turns me off to this Rifle.
Best of luck to you.
In its present condition I would value it at less than $2,000.00.
When scammers, on online sites, over-price and try to sell questionable guns they often use "fraudulent bidders" beware should this scam start unfolding!
I am NOT trying to cast aspersions on the sellers of this gun whom YOU may know - but "I" would NOT instill much trust in them myself either.
Long live the Riflemans Rifles - short live "scammers".
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I appreciate the discourse. Not arguing but help us out here: Why do you think its been taken apart? And why do you think the floor plate and trigger guard are mismatched?

I agree that its over priced. Highly over priced.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
IC B2

L
ldg397 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
I agree with comments on pricing as well but everything is negotiable in person. But at the very least wanted to hear the discourse and reasons why for my future knowledge base when I do find a supergrade I think is worth buying.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

361 members (257_X_50, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 260Remguy, 260madman, 42 invisible), 2,427 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,860
Posts18,478,561
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.