Campfire Greenhorn
B
I can post a link but cannot get a photo up
all posting instructions are 25 years old, and for photo bucket
or do I give up on Imgur

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not imgur (I’ll get to that in the next post), but for quick pic posting use postimages. This quote below was a copy from a pm I had going with somebody else. They followed it. It worked.

——————-

This is a whole lot of typing to tell you how to do about 6 clicks and takes 15 seconds total to do. We'll get you there.

1. go to https://postimages.org/

2. in middle of screen is a white with blue outline button called 'choose images'. Click that button.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

3. on my iphone (so assume your ipad is the same), that pops up a selection for 'photo library' 'take photo' or 'choose files'. Click "photo library"

4. click on the picture you want to use.

5. click 'add' up in the upper right corner

6. Now you wait for a second. Do nothing. In the middle of the screen there will now be a blue dotted line around a status box with the picture showing upload percentage. Wait for this to go to 100%. It might be instantly. It might take 20 or 30 seconds depending on your internet speed. just wait it out. It will disappear when done.

7. After it goes to 100% and then disappears, there will be 9 links at the bottom of the window. Find the 7th one at the bottom that says 'hotlink for forums'. to the right of that you'll see and blue and white paper looking button. tap that button. When you tap it, a momentary bubble will pop up saying 'copied'.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

8. Paste that whole string that was just copied into your thread for posting. Its going to look like a lot of jibberish. Don't sweat it. Paste it. submit the post. If you mess something up, most of us can figure out where you went wrong and correct it for you.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Some of the following is imgur specific, some is generic picture posting info. Try posting your imgur link. If it doesn’t work, leave it up and me or somebody else can tell you where you went wrong.

The picture below was posted using imgur.

There are 3 things you MUST have to post a picture.

1. (Refer to yellow arrow in pic below) A link of the picture that ends in jpg or jpeg. The one in the picture below is using the campfire as the host, but your imgur links are the exact same. See the yellow arrow pointing to jpeg?

2. (Green arrow) must start with [img] this is telling the board to look for an image link to follow.

3. (Blue arrow) you must end the link with [/img] this is telling the board that what you just posted is the image and the forward slash is signifying you’re done with the picture link.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Here's all I do

Imgur.....'copy image address' from your acct

Copy & paste like this on blank line

[img]______________________[/img]

IPhone 12 pic

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 60 invisible), 2,382 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,268
Posts18,486,569
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.