Hop To
B
BKinSD Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
More from too windy to fish weekend...

Setting up my 1960 FW to fling 130s for the most part. I have a fist full of 130BT's from Shooters Pro Shop, tried 7828, 4831, 4350, RL19, and a pound of Hunter which I was able to snab a few weeks back. Hunter @ 57g gave me 3050fps and very pleasing initial groups.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Which then with some clicks and taps on my new Z3 3-10x42 turned to this:

Many of us were suffering from being unable to fish and so alot of us were doing some shooting. I do my best work alone there, I'm not that great a shot in the first place. Most at the range were easy to get along with. One millennial aged guy showed up with a frankenrifle, unfolded the stock, with his 34mm scope and turrets and dials, some gizmo attached under the barrel etc. None of that offends me in the slightest. Do I judge it? Yes but it doesn't offend me. What does offend me is his massive muzzle brake deflecting all that blast under a tin roof at the rest of us.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
GB1

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Nice shooting!

If those groups are repeatable four or five times, I'd say you're done.

“Factio democratica delenda est"
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by BKinSD
More from too windy to fish weekend...

Setting up my 1960 FW to fling 130s for the most part. I have a fist full of 130BT's from Shooters Pro Shop, tried 7828, 4831, 4350, RL19, and a pound of Hunter which I was able to snab a few weeks back. Hunter @ 57g gave me 3050fps and very pleasing initial groups.

Which then with some clicks and taps on my new Z3 3-10x42 turned to this:

Many of us were suffering from being unable to fish and so alot of us were doing some shooting. I do my best work alone there, I'm not that great a shot in the first place. Most at the range were easy to get along with. One millennial aged guy showed up with a frankenrifle, unfolded the stock, with his 34mm scope and turrets and dials, some gizmo attached under the barrel etc. None of that offends me in the slightest. Do I judge it? Yes but it doesn't offend me. What does offend me is his massive muzzle brake deflecting all that blast under a tin roof at the rest of us.

Muzzle brakes like that suck for sure. The only thing worse is the guy that brings out his AK and it throws it brass all over your rifles. I told one guy last year than he was going to have to shoot on the right hand side of me, or put the mother fu cker away..

Put those old fwt's to good use. Preliminary looks pretty good. I need to take mine out and work up some loads. The std wt 270 I bought the same day I bought my 270 fwt is showing great promise. The fwt has only shot factory blue box Federal, but it showed me all I needed.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
BKinSD: If those groups were shot at 100 yards I would say you not only shoot well but you have found "the load" for that Rifle.
I have have been using a wonderful Remington 700 Sendero (heavy 26" barrel Varmint style stock) in caliber 270 for much of my long range Hunting for the last 21 years.
I also shoot the lethal, reliable and accurate Nosler 130 grain Ballistic Tips in it. My sight-in verification groups every year are only slightly better than your top grouping and not "quite as good" as your lower grouping (as pictured)!
I do have a Leupold 6.5x20x40mm scope (with 30m/m tube and side focus) on my Sendero.
My loading now uses H-4831SC and Federal 210 Match primers.
Enjoy that great shooting Featherweight.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

435 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 260Remguy, 260madman, 1minute, 48 invisible), 2,436 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,859
Posts18,478,555
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.