R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by Hamrick
Looks like Remington may be trying.

https://www.remarms.com/
It's taken 'em HOW MANY YEARS to realize their triggers are horsebleep??? HELLO???

Decades

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
HR IC

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I see zero sense even looking at Remington when there are solid, reputable companies out there like Tikka

Last edited by Trystan; 07/15/23.

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Puddle
Hmmm... what's with what looks like 2-inch recoil pads on the CDL's when the chamberings only go up to 300 WM?

Did they have a bunch of short LOP stocks left over from the prior bunch that they then corrected with thick spacers?

The BDL's don't show that, only the CDL's.

Remington must have thought the same thing. The CDL stock photo shows the old style stock. Not only did it have a more proportionate recoil pad, it was shaped better through the wrist of the stock and the comb was also shaped differently.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Trystan
I see zero sense even looking at Remington when there are solid, reputable companies out there like Tikka

Depends on how much you like plastic.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by JamesJr

Tikka's wood stocks are a degree nicer than Remington, especially if you're not into the 80s-vintage ultra-high-gloss most 700s seemed to have.

For new guns, Remington lost the cheap market to Ruger, Savage, and CVA and the mid-range market to Tikka, Browning, Bergara, and Howa. Competition isn't a bad thing, but the gun racks are a lot more crowded than before Remington set itself on fire and jumped off a cliff. It'll be interesting to see how the Alpha does in its price range.

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by JamesJr

How many people do you know with a broken plastic Tikka?

Last edited by Trystan; 07/16/23.

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Going to Timney isn't a bad thing. The Timney being non-adjustable isn't a good thing.
I agree but its like they sort of get it right , but not quite right.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
P
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
P
Help me understand this, years of complaining about Remington triggers, a new company buys Remington and address the issues folks have been complaining about for years so now you are not going to by one because it took so long to address these issues? Some of you guys would make a fine wife!

Elevation is math
Windage is Voodoo
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I will never own any more Remingtons !

Not for the frizzin' triggers.

But, for not going to court with good lawyers and evidence in the Sandy Hook Decision.

Remington opened the door for more law suits , in an area that was protected at the time.

They fooked the industry.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hugh_W2
JPro has it right. Non adjustable Timney set between 3-4 lbs at the factory. If it is a crisp “breaks like glass three lbs” great! If it is a creepy or gritty 4 lb pull NOT great. This maybe a decent improvement maybe not. I don’t think anybody jumped for joy when Winchester introduced the MOA trigger to replace the original Model 70 trigger.

This is just another layer of protection from liability plaintiff attorneys. Remington is probably still wincing from the cost of all the Walker trigger law suits.

Worst case you buy a $150-200 Triggertech and move on.

The plus side is I have been hearing lots of positive about the new 700s in terms of fit, finish and quality of new production. I hope they turn it around and return to what they were in the 1970s and 1980s.
Midway had a sale on Timneys. I bought 2 of them. ONe a straight trigger and one a flat trigger. I'm not sure which one I like better.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hugh_W2
JPro has it right. Non adjustable Timney set between 3-4 lbs at the factory. If it is a crisp “breaks like glass three lbs” great! If it is a creepy or gritty 4 lb pull NOT great. This maybe a decent improvement maybe not. I don’t think anybody jumped for joy when Winchester introduced the MOA trigger to replace the original Model 70 trigger.

This is just another layer of protection from liability plaintiff attorneys. Remington is probably still wincing from the cost of all the Walker trigger law suits.

Worst case you buy a $150-200 Triggertech and move on.

The plus side is I have been hearing lots of positive about the new 700s in terms of fit, finish and quality of new production. I hope they turn it around and return to what they were in the 1970s and 1980s.
Doubtful it will be a gritty creepy trigger if coming from Timney, even if non adjustable.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

663 members (10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 16gage, 160user, 12344mag, 76 invisible), 2,962 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,735
Posts18,494,938
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.