Anyone that cares to check this out will LEARN that the Valtrompia,Italy crew went on record that they would cut SAMMI "Max" chambers,....hence all the "Special bullets" and other stunts to make 'em shoot. Some Damn fine shooting has resulted.

A match grade chamber is something to love......and all this "Load develpopment" nonsense sorta' goes away quicker.

And flamethrower, for whatever it's worth, I own and operate a couple of Pedersoli side hammer guns myself....re-barreled, of course.They work up into a very nice custom, ......but American guns, and components ARE the better buy.

I've been working with an old boy who glommed onto a "Quigley" Pedersoli ( the one with the forend by Masserati or Ferrari)...chambered in the 3 1/4 case. Splendid piece of work, that......that military Buttplate could only be made worse if you sharpened it to a POINT. I'm a bit concerned, ....the fellows pusshing 80, ...and claims to be "Not recoil shy".

I've steered him to loading that big case down, ....1 fg, and a mild 103 gr load.

Hope he'll manage it OK, and will get a pic or 2 whenever we get around to shooting it.

Sure wish it had a shotgun butt / straighter stock, though.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain