Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
That nosler rep should write speeches for the Biden admin. First of all, they are not a “small” poor factory. They have been around since the 1940’s for f sake! John nosler is rolling over in his damn grave right now because of how his company is being ran. Nosler has not been here for it’s “loyal” customers, like he wants to make you all believe. They have been trying to fu ck us for the last 3 years. Blaming it on this and that. When I emailed them, they put the blame on Covid. Being from Oregon and only living 120 miles from them, I saw what they were doing and did not like it then. Just as I don’t like their antics now. I don’t buy bullets from them anymore, and neither do a lot of people I know. We’ve moved on until they start thinking of the customer and not about lining their pockets. There are other bullet manufacturers out there that kept us supplied, without making excuses, nor butt taping us.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
HR IC

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Well more than 1 way to look at things. Over the 7/4 holiday I bought 4 (50ct) bags of .308 165 gr nbt's at 22 ea and 3 bags of 165 npt's @25 ea. Prolly got screwed by sps again but that was the best price I've seen in a long while. I have other bullets but wanted these..mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Nosler anything is an easy pass. Plenty of other options.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nosler should put you all on their BODs.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Well more than 1 way to look at things. Over the 7/4 holiday I bought 4 (50ct) bags of .308 165 gr nbt's at 22 ea and 3 bags of 165 npt's @25 ea. Prolly got screwed by sps again but that was the best price I've seen in a long while. I have other bullets but wanted these..mb

And you don't even own a rifle chambered in anything .30 cal, do ya? laugh

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The explanation sounds reasonable. Believe it or don’t. He could’ve left out the speculation/sermonizing about hoarders; I doubt very seriously he has an actual evidence of that being a real factor, and if he did it would’ve been easy for Nosler to limit how many bullets were sold to make it difficult.

They can charge whatever they want. I have no idea what their costs are, except I’m certain that they’re higher than before and going up just like everything else. If I think it’s too much, I’ll buy something else or do without, just like everything else. I recently bought 100 BT blems from SPS and saved $8 overall over any other in-stock price.

What fresh Hell is this?
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Short version: they're making tons of money with other contracts and don't care if you can find components anymore.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nosler isn't the only one. Hornady has completely abandoned production of "boutique calibers" (mainly all the African crap but also traditional calibers like the 3006, etc) in favor of all the high demand "new age" stuff like the Creedmoor, PPC, etc. But hey it's business, but it goes to show you that money is the bottom line and they could give a f uck about customer loyalty..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm
Short version: they're making tons of money with other contracts and don't care if you can find components anymore.

THIS

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Available or not, they have pretty muched priced themselves out of the market as far as I'm concerned.

It's pretty much SPS sales for me anymore

IC B3

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
They are pricing themselves out of the bullet business. Customers will turn to manufacturers that price their bullets cheaper. It doesn’t take a premium bullet to kill deer or pigs like most of us hunt. I do like their ballistic tips.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by hanco
They are pricing themselves out of the bullet business. Customers will turn to manufacturers that price their bullets cheaper. It doesn’t take a premium bullet to kill deer or pigs like most of us hunt. I do like their ballistic tips.
THIS. While I have Nosler bullets in BT,NP,and Accubonds for several calibers I won't be buying anymore anytime soon. I lucked into a bunch of Sierra Game King in 25,270 and 30 caliber and these will suit my needs.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Easy button. Buy interlocks and kill stuff. When noslers become available, go back to an accubond. But i bet you don't go back lol. Accubonds are awesome, no denying that, and the price don't bother me. It's a hunting bullet that works and you can trust. But when stuff got scarce and interlocks were on the shelf, I made the switch. Killed alot of game with them from 50 to 600 yards no problem. Plus it gives you a chance to work another load and shoot your gun.

B
B
I too was a loyal Nosler handloader, really liked the AccuBond and the BTs. Over the last few years, I’ve developed loads for mainly Hornady due to their bullets being much more available. While I find the reasons for shortages given by the Nosler rep in the letter, I don’t know if I’ll move back to Nosler from Hornady. Maybe the AB for specific application.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I shot Nosler bullets almost exclusively. They flat out work so no reason to go elsewhere. When their products became difficult to find or too expensive I quickly became a Hornady fan. No problem finding Interlock or Interbond bullets. Maybe I'll go back to Nosler when they become more available, or maybe not.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
I have quite a few Noslers from years back when they were priced differently. If I’m spending Nosler money today I’m buying Barnes. For my hunting in all honesty I’ve switched to quite a few Speer offerings. $24-28 a box when available and I’ve not had any trouble getting them to shoot accurately.

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pappy348
The explanation sounds reasonable. Believe it or don’t. He could’ve left out the speculation/sermonizing about hoarders; I doubt very seriously he has an actual evidence of that being a real factor, and if he did it would’ve been easy for Nosler to limit how many bullets were sold to make it difficult.

They can charge whatever they want. I have no idea what their costs are, except I’m certain that they’re higher than before and going up just like everything else. If I think it’s too much, I’ll buy something else or do without, just like everything else. I recently bought 100 BT blems from SPS and saved $8 overall over any other in-stock price.

Interesting that you mention SPS. I visited their site last night. I don't think I have ever seen a shorter selection of bullets and brass. Not even back during Covid and the rush on supplies. That got me thinking. Why? Is Nosler manufacturing less, therefore the produce fewer blems. Or, is their changeover to a new facility and new equipment resulting in fewer blems?

I used to be die hard Nosler. Not anymore. Between the damn goat rope with the Nosler Rifle that I bought and the bullet situation, I have sorta written them off. Interestingly, Sierra has moved into more premium pricing territory. I have never loved Hornady, but their stuff works, it's priced reasonably and they have had a FAR better in-stock position than any other manufacturer.

O
OGB Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
Been whacking deer with Interlocks for a while now. I've only recovered one so far. See no reason to change. They work. Along with a buffet of other bullets. If I feel like I'm going to need more penetration, I'll use a barnes or hammer bullet. I have a small stash of nosler BTs and PTs. At this rate I may be able to trade them for another rifle that will shoot interlocks of Xs!

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I see a lot of comments that mirror my sentiment. The Accubond had been a staple for me in a dozen-ish rifles for years and I had little reason to explore other options. Like many, I like to keep a goodly supply of all components and when some of their bullets started becoming unobtainium and prices continued to climb (price a distant second to availability), I begrudgingly began exploring other avenues. The surprise to my narrow, brand-loyal mind was there were indeed a lot of suitable options that accomplish the same things - and with far greater availability.

I'm now down to shooting the Accubond in two rifles these days and the Varmint BT in another.

I fully understand they need to keep their entity on solid foundation - catering to contracts and guarantees is sound business practice. Their ventures into other revenue streams (rifles, suppressors etc) to diversify is also sound business practice. And even though the one (bullets) has little to do with the others, it still takes capital to do those other ventures and one can't help but wonder if they might have cut off the nose to spite the face.

But just an FYI here, if you continue to buy the factory firsts and the costs continue to rise, you're enabling them to keep doing so. Do we think they're just breaking even on the seconds from SPS that most here (self-included) can't tell the difference in appearance or performance? laugh

'Merica baby - they're able to run their business how they deem appropriate and we have a choice on whether or not to purchase.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
High pricing at retail is controlled by the retailers. Here in NW Nevada the big boxes Cabelas, Sportsman's Whse and Scheels often have the same components as they become available.

Sheels by far has the most ammo and components and the best pricing. I'd been looking for 6.5 140 grain Partitions to try in my 6.5x300 Wby as Mule Deer had great luck with them. I first found them at Sportsman's @ $89.95/50 and told myself no way. Went to Scheels after and found a pile of them at $48.99/50. Took a lot of self control to not buy a dozen or more and came home with two.

It's more than the manufacturers inflicting the pain on consumers.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

361 members (1eyedmule, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 160user, 1badf350, 35 invisible), 1,896 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,633
Posts18,493,117
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.