Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Not a bad thing when an American company turns a profit. If the consumer will keep buying it at the price that's set, then good for the company. But the people who are losing their minds (brains) if you will are the people who continually pay more and more. America is about pride of ownership and craftsmanship. Not pricing the working (middle class) out of something they need or want, forcing them into another product. Once a price is set, it can only go up from there. It never comes "back down". Just like fuel, if on one side of the road diesel is 3.50 and the other side of the road it's 3.40, which pump are you choosing? Same thing with these so called hunting bullets. In the end they all pretty much perform at the same level inside 500 yards. So the choice is an easy one for the hunter who wants performance, not a cool looking cartridge. Trust me, I've killed hundreds of deer a d coyotes with an interlock and several with a nosler and there ain't a lick of difference between the two inside 500.

HR IC

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I got an E Mail from SPS they have a good selection (for these days) of Nosler bullets mostly Accubonds. If you buy $100 worth it's $5 shipping. The only bullet I'd be interested in was the 160 grain 7MM Accubond but I don't need $100 worth of them. I have other choices.
IF they have the seconds/blems where are all the 100% bullets? They aren't online or the LGS.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
There is no reason for their bullets to be higher than barnes lol I've been shooting accubonds pretty exclusively for years. I'll be swapping over to sierra and hornady as my supply runs out.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by GSPfan
I got an E Mail from SPS they have a good selection (for these days) of Nosler bullets mostly Accubonds. If you buy $100 worth it's $5 shipping. The only bullet I'd be interested in was the 160 grain 7MM Accubond but I don't need $100 worth of them. I have other choices.
IF they have the seconds/blems where are all the 100% bullets? They aren't online or the LGS.

Like others, I've changed over to different manufactures for several bullets because of both availability and price. I still check in with SPS to pick up some that I've stuck with. Placed an order on 7/16 but have yet to receive tracking on them. It's not a rush for me, but over a week and nothing shipped is a bit irksome.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I got an E Mail from SPS they have a good selection (for these days) of Nosler bullets mostly Accubonds. If you buy $100 worth it's $5 shipping. The only bullet I'd be interested in was the 160 grain 7MM Accubond but I don't need $100 worth of them. I have other choices. IF they have the seconds/blems where are all the 100% bullets? They aren't online or the LGS.

Actually, from what I've deduced over the years, it takes about 2-3 weeks after the SPS notification of seconds in stock that you'll begin getting notifications from the Midways of the world that they have them in stock.
But if there's a large enough log of backorders, they might not ever show up as available or even be able to fulfill all their backorders with the new inventory.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by SKane
I got an E Mail from SPS they have a good selection (for these days) of Nosler bullets mostly Accubonds. If you buy $100 worth it's $5 shipping. The only bullet I'd be interested in was the 160 grain 7MM Accubond but I don't need $100 worth of them. I have other choices. IF they have the seconds/blems where are all the 100% bullets? They aren't online or the LGS.

Actually, from what I've deduced over the years, it takes about 2-3 weeks after the SPS notification of seconds in stock that you'll begin getting notifications from the Midways of the world that they have them in stock.
But if there's a large enough log of backorders, they might not ever show up as available or even be able to fulfill all their backorders with the new inventory.

Same thing I have seen..

Same for powders, usually if you start seeing it, even getting sold out quick, it is coming, but going to all the waitlist folks first.

Semper Fi
F
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
F

Probably with a different color tip on another manufacturers ammo with the leftovers from that run at my local Sportsmans for $70 per box.

Last edited by Futura; 07/24/23.
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
I enjoy hunting animals far more than hunting components. After seeing Nosler go up to $70 per box I was really, really disappointed. It made me realize they have drunk the KoolAid.

Once I was turned on to the 155 Scenar, in my 308’s & 300 WSM’s, I have not used any of my Accubond stash. The Scenar’s are great and much cheaper……..for now. Have also gathered up as many Hornady Interlocks in 284 & 308 as possible. I have always liked them.

It is possible that I may never shoot any more of my AB lifetime supply.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If this thread is in any way indicative of overall consumer sentiment toward Nosler, they are in a world of hurt.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
If this thread is in any way indicative of overall consumer sentiment toward Nosler, they are in a world of hurt.

If they are able to sell all they make at the current prices, they won’t be hurt at all. Once they’re back at full production capability, we shall see how that goes.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I just took a look and they do have a number of choices, mostly .30, but some others too: ABs, ETs, NPs. Some are surprisingly affordable. Don’t need any, but y’all have at ‘em.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Yesterday, one of my local suppliers had a good supply of .30 cal. Nosler 165 Accubonds and 180 Accubonds on the shelf. Plus .30 cal. 125 and 150 Ballistic Tips.

Plenty of CCI, Winchester and Remington small rifle and pistol primers, too. And even some Winchester LR primers.

Generally, people complaining the most about not being available....do the least to find it.

Good shootin' smile -Al

Forbidden Zoner
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Reloder28
I enjoy hunting animals far more than hunting components. After seeing Nosler go up to $70 per box I was really, really disappointed. It made me realize they have drunk the KoolAid.

Once I was turned on to the 155 Scenar, in my 308’s & 300 WSM’s, I have not used any of my Accubond stash. The Scenar’s are great and much cheaper……..for now. Have also gathered up as many Hornady Interlocks in 284 & 308 as possible. I have always liked them.

Let me know if you have any 7mm's you want to get rid of.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Reloder28

Let me know if you have any 7mm's you want to get rid of.

I will put you first in line.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm pretty much done with Nosler. They've left all the traditional caliber support rotting on the vine. There are MUCH better bullets out there anyway (Swifs, Barnes, etc) and the Partitions are the singularly most inaccurate hunting bullets I've ever used across all calibers.

I DO have two rifles that love the 200gr Partition, an R.F. Sedgley and my pre war 70 in 300 H&H, but you can't find them anywhere and Nosler REFUSES to tell us if/when they are going to start putting the out.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I'm pretty much done with Nosler. They've left all the traditional caliber support rotting on the vine. There are MUCH better bullets out there anyway (Swifs, Barnes, etc) and the Partitions are the singularly most inaccurate hunting bullets I've ever used across all calibers.

I DO have two rifles that love the 200gr Partition, an R.F. Sedgley and my pre war 70 in 300 H&H, but you can't find them anywhere and Nosler REFUSES to tell us if/when they are going to start putting the out.

That's one nice thing about Barnes, is they will tell you when production is planned for a particular bullet. A couple years ago I needed some 400gr .416s. With a quick phone call I learned they would be made in late October, and available immediately thereafter. The info was spot-on and I got the bullets when I figured I would.

One thing Barnes could do better is listing the minimum expansion velocities for each bullet, as they rightfully vary depending on the caliber and weight. It would be nice to just know rather than having to call about each one.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I stopped by my LGS looking for bullets for my 6.5X55. They had several boxes of Hornady 140gr SST 100/box $49.99 they also had a box or two of Nosler 140 Accubonds $69.99/50. I went with the Hornady's. I have several boxes of Accubonds in 6.5, 30, 35, 7MM & 375 but when there gone they won't be replaced.

jorgeI I have my 300 H&H sighted in with 200gr Accubonds for an upcoming Gemsbuck hunt. No Partitions available here and I've had the Accubonds for a couple of years. We will see how they perform

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I stopped by my LGS looking for bullets for my 6.5X55. They had several boxes of Hornady 140gr SST 100/box $49.99 they also had a box or two of Nosler 140 Accubonds $69.99/50. I went with the Hornady's. I have several boxes of Accubonds in 6.5, 30, 35, 7MM & 375 but when there gone they won't be replaced.

jorgeI I have my 300 H&H sighted in with 200gr Accubonds for an upcoming Gemsbuck hunt. No Partitions available here and I've had the Accubonds for a couple of years. We will see how they perform

The 200 AB ain't the sleekest, but man does it work on elk for us. One of the best in a 300 or any 30 decent enough to push it.

Semper Fi
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I like Nosler ABs in 90 grain 0.243", 110 grains in 0.257", and 130 grains in 0.264" In the 6.5mm bore rifles I shoot 129 grain Hornady SSTs for practice, as they shoot chose enough to my 130 grain AB loads to not require a re-zero when going from one to the other. If Hornady made comparable weights and designs for the other 2 bores, I'd try them.

I shoot a variety of Sierras at paper and varmints and 87 grain 0.257" Speers in 1-14" ROT rifles.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Partitions have been kicking asss for 60 years now, and everyone has been trying to "catch up" ever since. Some have succeeded, many have failed. Partitions and Accubonds are never a bad choice IMO.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

653 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 160user, 10ring1, 77 invisible), 2,369 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,716
Posts18,494,610
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.