Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
A couple of years ago, I bought a Canadian made, Triggertech Primary trigger for a Rem 700 223. It installed easily and worked fine until last fall. I took the rifle to a gunsmith just in case his input was needed for the manufacturer. The trigger was off warranty, but I figured the company might like to have a look at it, or maybe there was a recall or something.

I got ahold of the gunsmith and told him that I would bring in a replacement. I just needed some information and he told me he would take some pictures.

This morning, I contacted Triggertech and told them about my problem. The fellow I was chatting with will be replacing the trigger at no charge.

It's a good news post. https://triggertech.ca/

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
GB1

R
R
That sounds great! I used one in a precision rifle build and loved it for 6 months until it broke inside. Contacted trigger tech and basically got told it was my fault and to go pound sand.

I really like them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Always good to hear. Congrats. Hoping I never need to replace the one I put in my Remington but it is comforting to hear they honor their products.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Raisens34
That sounds great! I used one in a precision rifle build and loved it for 6 months until it broke inside. Contacted trigger tech and basically got told it was my fault and to go pound sand.

I really like them.

That's too bad. Perhaps it was who you were talking to. It's funny that you and I like them, but both of us had one that broke. laugh There are a fair number of guys around here and the base down the road who use them. I think Timney still has the majority of builds, but TT took a bite out of their business up here.

Originally Posted by kenjs1
Always good to hear. Congrats. Hoping I never need to replace the one I put in my Remington but it is comforting to hear they honor their products.

I was very pleased with their responses to me. It's one of these situations where you want the problem resolved quickly. They seem to be carrying through with that. If all goes well, I might have the replacement by Friday.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
The return process was easy. There is a warranty page where you describe the problem. They answer your email and ask for a picture of the front of the trigger to check the serial no. The pic is returned via email.

For US residents: They send you an RMA no. and you take your trigger to the post office. Triggertech returns go to Clarksville, TN
For CDN residents: They send you an RPS no. and you take your trigger to the post office. Triggertech returns go to Mississauga, ON

I mailed it off this afternoon, and will let everyone know how things go from here.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's nice to hear TT took great care of you.
I have three of them; hopefully they keep working.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I only have one, but that’s because I only own one Rem 700. I know they make triggers for other rifles, but don’t make anything for my collection.

When I installed this trigger, the difference was startling. Smooth and a nice, light break. That’s to be expected though in an aftermarket trigger.🙂

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Steve, what was the problem with the trigger?

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
It looked like a metal piece failed. The topsear on the trigger broke. I took it to a gunsmith I knew for a second opinion. He agreed that it looked like the metal broke because of a manufacturing imperfection.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
It looked like a metal piece failed. The topsear on the trigger broke. I took it to a gunsmith I knew for a second opinion. He agreed that it looked like the metal broke because of a manufacturing imperfection.
had you ever pierced a primer or had primer leakage? some types of trigger even jewel is kind of sensitive to those issues..

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by ldholton
…had you ever pierced a primer or had primer leakage? some types of trigger even jewel is kind of sensitive to those issues..

No. That’s why I took it to a friend for a look. I didn’t have the rifle that long. I had done some work on it for a friend who had originally bought it, including the trigger installation. 😊.

He isn’t a reloader and put less than 100 rounds through it. He told me he didn’t care for it and decided to sell. I bought it from him.

There was no evidence of bad cartridges or any other indications.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I just received this from Triggertech. The replacement is on the way!

Good afternoon Steve,

I hope this finds you well, and thank you for completing all of the steps.
I have gone ahead and created order #xxxxxx for your replacement R700 Primary trigger. Your order will be packaged and shipped as soon as possible to make its way to you at the address provided on your warranty form. Please allow for up to two weeks for delivery.

If you have any further questions or concerns please let me know.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
The replacement arrived today. It was a quick, no hassle exchange. These triggers are easy to put in (two pins) and the pull adjusts easily.

There are a number of videos on youtube showing the installation and some other things.

The trigger adjustment is made with the hex screw and has audible clicks.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 63 invisible), 2,643 guests, and 1,375 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,948
Posts18,480,351
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.