Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Swamptard,

I reckon it plum flattering,that so much of your day concerns me and you may want to add some punctuation. Oooopsie! Too late. Hint.

Please continue with your Hurt Feeler Reports,Conspiracy Theories and Insecurities. I'm your shoulder to cry on. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Swamptard,

You are welcome to your Homoerotic Fantasies and I am VERY "surprised" that you think of me,more than you do anything else...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Keep taking it to "the man",while you rattle Pom-Pom's and fill out Hurt Feeler Reports,as opportunity to climb out of yet another closet. Your VERY Tender Feelers REALLY matter to me. Have you considered holding your breath,as you Hissy your Fit? Might be a REAL game "changer" for you,as you point trembling fingers. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Dammit Stick, I respected you .... believing that you were a Constitutional Patriot ! but you're a common mindless Amerikaner JABRONI !

For fks sake man ...... WTF ? ......

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Swamptard,

The World is a big place and I'm happy to let others do as they see fit. Nobody was taken by train to Auschwitz,no heads were lopped off and it's a VERY First World "problem",to work as you please,where you please,for wages you agree to. I wish I was fhuqking TENDER enough,that such things upset my cart...yet alas and I'm at a great loss to feel your immense pain. Hint.

Keep thinking about me and the punctuation will come naturally. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by filmjunkie4ever
What real world difference can I expect between these two bullets?

Standard .270 Winchester loaded to 2900-2950 fps, wanting to setup a longer range load for shooting out to 600 yards absolute max. Mule deer and the occasional antelope, sheep and elk.

My rifle is a Browning BBR with 24” standard sporter barrel 1-10” twist rate.

Like the .500+ B.C.’s of these bullets. The trajectory of the 145 ELDX factory loads is within 1” of drop and 100 fps of velocity with that of the 6.5 PRC 143 grain ELDX factory load clear out to 500 yards.

Opinions please.
Your twist rate of 1 in 10 isn't fast enough to use the 150 LRAB and get both stability and maximum b.c. The 145 ELD-X may therefore be better in your situation. Alternatively, the 140 grain Berger Classic Hunter at .528 G1 can be driven faster and performs well at longer ranges and is accurate and reasonably priced. I shot a large bull elk at over 300 yards with the 143 6.5 ELD-X and it still ran over 300 yards before being dead. 8 twist in a .270 looks like being the future and opens more doors for better b.c. bullets.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dre
I’m more concerned about bullet holding together at close range on elk vs inches of drop at 500 yards.
I have most of my kills at under 100 yards than 500+ yards .

Why the fuqk are you posting on the Long Range Hunting Forum then?

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
[quote=filmjunkie4ever]What real world difference can I expect between these two bullets?

I shot a large bull elk at over 300 yards with the 143 6.5 ELD-X and it still ran over 300 yards before being dead. 8 twist in a .270 looks like being the future and opens more doors for better b.c. bullets.

Like to know - where did the bullet enter, travel, damage done, and did it exit? Thanks.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Delusions start behind her crossed eyes and travel through her pointy head. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Originally Posted by Dre
I’m more concerned about bullet holding together at close range on elk vs inches of drop at 500 yards.

Why the fuqk are you posting on the Long Range Hunting Forum then?

Because I fuqking am, That’s why.
I practice for long range but sometimes the elk come out closer than anticipated. To me, knowing I can stretch out my bullet or bust through a shoulder with out having the bullet disintegrating is comforting.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by 65BR
[quote=filmjunkie4ever]What real world difference can I expect between these two bullets?

I shot a large bull elk at over 300 yards with the 143 6.5 ELD-X and it still ran over 300 yards before being dead. 8 twist in a .270 looks like being the future and opens more doors for better b.c. bullets.

Like to know - where did the bullet enter, travel, damage done, and did it exit? Thanks.
Into the shoulder, deflection into the lung, destroyed the lung but didn't exit. Didn't find the bullet. No fault of the bullet, it performed very good. Just that elk full of hormones can be tough.

Last edited by Riflehunter; 08/06/23.
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Dre
Don’t poke it in the ass then it won’t matter

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
.[/quote] Your twist rate of 1 in 10 isn't fast enough to use the 150 LRAB and get both stability and maximum b.c.[/quote]

I respectfully disagree. I have fired this bullet in my rifle as well as other .270’s with a 1-10” twist with no stability issues.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by filmjunkie4ever
Your twist rate of 1 in 10 isn't fast enough to use the 150 LRAB and get both stability and maximum b.c.[/quote]

I respectfully disagree. I have fired this bullet in my rifle as well as other .270’s with a 1-10” twist with no stability issues.[/quote]

I think what he meant is the bullets are marginal in some places lower in elevation and the 10 twists lose a bit of the BC since a faster twist spins them up and fully stabilizes them.

I’ve had a few 270’s shoot them well as well and when they shoot they are decent. But I think to reap all you could a bit faster gun gets all there is to be had.

Semper Fi
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The 150's BC is Imaginary to start with and then when coupled with 10" rotational velocity at 270 Win lineal speed,the gross compilation is running on fumes. Add atmospherics into the equation and it's multiple uphill battles and WELL shy of the billing,as plainly cited prior. None of which is subjective. Hint.

I'd b curious to know the scope utilized to steer same? Hint..............

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 65BR

Into the shoulder, deflection into the lung, destroyed the lung but didn't exit. Didn't find the bullet. No fault of the bullet, it performed very good. Just that elk full of hormones can be tough.

Tough indeed. Glad you recovered it. Thanks for the info.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
First of, you likely won't be able to buy any ABLR as they have about 2 machines and have to schedule different bullets months in advance. IF you did find any, they're 3 times the price of the Hornady.
On top of that. I found they flat out lied about the BC on those long- rangers. No, i wouldn't set out to develope a load with something so over priced, over hyped and under produced as a Nosler bullet

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I have had good luck with the 145 Eldx on deer.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
First of, you likely won't be able to buy any ABLR as they have about 2 machines and have to schedule different bullets months in advance. IF you did find any, they're 3 times the price of the Hornady.
On top of that. I found they flat out lied about the BC on those long- rangers. No, i wouldn't set out to develope a load with something so over priced, over hyped and under produced as a Nosler bullet
I do tend to trust Berger, Sierra and now Hornady with their b.c. figures more than some of the other bullet makers. I got stung years ago with Nosler 140 AB in .270, buying lots, doing load development...only to find that they had significantly over-stated the b.c., which they then revised. And of course NO COMPENSATION. And Speer's b.c.'s...I wonder how they are arrived at!

Last edited by Riflehunter; 08/09/23.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Always use a BC app and look at the “Litz” numbers. Those are real

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
I do tend to trust Berger, Sierra and now Hornady with their b.c. figures more than some of the other bullet makers. I got stung years ago with Nosler 140 AB in .270, buying lots, doing load development...only to find that they had significantly over-stated the b.c., which they then revised. And of course NO COMPENSATION. And Speer's b.c.'s...I wonder how they are arrived at!

I would think a 140AB would be a great all around load, but must say back in the 90s, I ran 150 BTs almost exclusively, never let me down.

They looked like a mini-ICBM to me......dropped a nice 8pt WT one am, he jumped about 3 steps......another DRT.....

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (1badf350, 1lesfox, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 56 invisible), 2,511 guests, and 1,498 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,194
Posts18,485,002
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.