-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Coming to your local tacticool dealer soon.

https://www.marlinfirearms.com/s/leverAction-DarkSeries/

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There must be some market demand for that configuration. It looks pretty awful to me, but all of my Marlins are REAL Marlins, blued CM and walnut.

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
They forgot the bayonet.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Here's another thread I ran across on one of Marlin's aberrations. I can't believe Marlin had the nerve to thread this gun for a suppressor. It just goes against lever-gun tradition:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...marlin-1893-threaded-muzzle#Post18626769

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
It’s a beautiful firearm made for the sequel “Cowboys and Aliens II”.

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
There's a guy on, I think, mountain men who has a lever gun with rail, forward mounted scope, rear peep, suppressor, bipod in 460 S&W.
Made by big horn armory.
Oh yeah,, he has dredlocks too.

Last edited by TBREW401; 11/25/23.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by NH K9
"tactical lever guns" What the actual F#^k. side saddles, pic rail foreends, flash suppressors. You name it and these fuggin mongoloids have it stuck, taped, and screwed onto a lever gun. they look like something stick would throw in a puddle with a half dead salmon. i just dont understand it.
I’m gonna build a full tactical .45lc Henry and send you pics.
Then I’m sending them to Poobah………😀

i knew....just knew shidt like this would happen once you started wearing a shirt

Fixed.

Grumpy old man with a gun.....Do not touch .
Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
Don't bother my monument and I'll leave yours alone.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by DesertMuleDeer
Here's another thread I ran across on one of Marlin's aberrations. I can't believe Marlin had the nerve to thread this gun for a suppressor. It just goes against lever-gun tradition:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...marlin-1893-threaded-muzzle#Post18626769

Suppressor and sub sonic 45-70 rounds work fantastic for pigs in Texas. The suppressor also helps soak up recoil so you're back on target quicker and the hogs don't spook as quick. Pretty simple purely functional attachment for anyone who actually uses their lever guns for hunting. As to the rest of the mall ninja dressup, to each their own. Some folks feel the same way about stainless steel. It's not what their grandpa had, so poo on it. Reality is that it's far more functional for someone actually using the gun on a regular basis. Simple facts.

S
S
They should chamber them all in 6.5 creedmore and give a pair of camo hey dudes with every purchase

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I don’t want one myself, but I see no sin in outfitting a levergun with the means to mount a light, can, or sighting options. Might not be traditional, but functional doesn’t have to mean butt-ugly, though it often ends up that way.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I was recently served by a bartender who overheard my buddy and I talking guns. The kid (20-30 years old) was an official member of the Man Bun Club, carefully trimmed beard, skinny jeans and all. Surprised us when he started gushing about the different guns he bought recently, how well they shoot, and what's next on his agenda, and what his shooting buddies are using. Not surprisingly his guns are all tricked out tacticool this and badass that - stuff that I wouldn't be caught dead with. But, by golly there he was either a Millennial or awful close to it and excited about guns and shooting which gives me a glimmer of hope for the future.

And yes he respectfully listened while we told him about our recent acquisitions, asked intelligent questions, and admitted that there are some "old" guns that intrigue him but that he needs to learn more before spending money. All in all that one encounter was yet another example of not judging a book by its cover.

I could see the other folks at the bar becoming agitated by our conversation and lack of attention from the bartender. Screw 'em. (But our guy did comp them some drinks as an apology for neglecting them, another notch in my estimation.)

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
S
S
I was just poking fun , all things aside to each there own these days we have to be thankful younger guys and gals are interested in the shooting sports

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
My gun club suffers from the "Ninja-warrior wanna-be" crowd. AR 15 style rifles with every attachment possible. Blasting away at 25 yards, spraying brass all over the range where it will remain as it seems that if you own one of these you can't pick up brass.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
"tactical lever guns" What the actual F#^k. side saddles, pic rail foreends, flash suppressors. You name it and these fuggin mongoloids have it stuck, taped, and screwed onto a lever gun. they look like something stick would throw in a puddle with a half dead salmon. i just dont understand it.

Get real, Stick puts 20 MOA rails on this levers 'cuz he needs to shoot from one salmon stream to the next smirk

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Online Content
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Keep it simple …. Good iron sight a scope at the most And spend a little time at the range.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wouldn’t own one unless it had see through mounts. eek

I have a couple rifles with expensive synthetic stocks. Certainly ugly. sick
I offered a choice, a beautiful walnut stocked early Model 7 in 223 or a late model 700 with their synthetic stock to my youngest. He grabbed the synthetic 700.

Civilization has been on its last legs starting when synthetic stocks came out.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
S
S
I told my buddy, it's s like putting skinny jeans on John Wayne

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
At the Vegas Antique Arms show, nothing but real lever actions on hundreds of tables…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I think they did us a huge favor. Now we'll know who to avoid at the range.

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Yeah, if it gets the younger generation into levers I’m all for it.

Why wouldn’t a pic rail be useful on a handy lever in the timber?

How are the younger generations going to enjoy lever actions when the boomers hoard them?

The equivalent of boomers modifying surplus firearms….

Each to his own. Companies have to innovate to keep the industry going.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (10gaugemag, 16penny, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 59 invisible), 2,556 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,575
Posts18,492,022
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.