Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
You said you didn’t want to carry stuff into the woods…sticks are in the woods already.

But if you insist on purchased shooting rest, don’t get a monopod. Get a bipod. Much better for stability and they’re just as portable.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
I always tried to rig up some kind of rest because i believe you just can shoot better with one than without. I think it really helps you to settle down, control breathing,etc on those long hard shots you want to make & not wound an animal

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I've used the top of section (from top joint to the Y...broke the lower portion) of one of these in the past:

https://www.amazon.com/Eastman-Outd...37XG/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

It was pretty handy to brace on my knee when I was sitting in a tree stand. Back against tree, sitting in seat, and it on my knee made for very steady shots. Weights nothing and stayed strapped to my pack when hiking in. Occasionally I'll use my trekking poles now if I'm in a seated position. Most of the time I'm hunting from a saddle now so I just use the tree.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by geedubya
yup!

Ever' chance I get.......

I don't like to track.

I want stuff DRT.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

and twice on Sunday!

ya!

GWB

Hit'em with your truck - and you don't even have to worry about draggin'em out.

Ha!

My rifles have web slings on them anyway.

Works fine.

GR

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Pair of shooting sticks with rubber boots to avoid clanging or a footed monopod always for me when I was using the expanded metal hang-ons.

Originally Posted by Garandimal

Ha!

Works fine.

GR

I did that last year... sumbitch got up and ran off as soon as I got out of the car. I think I'll stick to shooting them from now on. 😏

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Works well for pistol or rifle, it's lightweight and cheap.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by zcm82
Pair of shooting sticks with rubber boots to avoid clanging or a footed monopod always for me when I was using the expanded metal hang-ons.

Originally Posted by Garandimal

Ha!

Works fine.

GR

I did that last year... sumbitch got up and ran off as soon as I got out of the car. I think I'll stick to shooting them from now on. 😏

Oooh, the one me and Rocky hit didn't go nowhere. #DRT blush laugh

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
I had seen it coming into the road and slammed the brakes, so I wasn't going super fast when I clipped mine. It was laying in the road about 10-15' in front of me. As soon as I opened the door it hopped up and took off like a rocket into a field. Guess I needed more velocity for a drt kill 😂

I got pretty lucky, the only real damage it did was smashed a headlight fixture up. Cracked the grille a little bit too, but I didn't even bother replacing that.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
The lady in front of me hit one on the highway and didn’t want it. Great, free venison I thought. That was before I skinned it… 100% bruised bloodshot dog meat.

I’ve only hit one myself and it only cracked the license plate bracket and it ran away. Just as well because I really didn’t need to talk with a cop right then because I was a mite impaired as I remember.

I’m all set with a monopod to try this season. I’ll need to go shopping for a rubber something for the bottom so that it won’t go through the holes on the stand.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hunt from climbing stands a lot and I just put my foot on the rail and use my knee for a rest, if i need one.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Trigger Stick

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
W
WMR Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by shootem
Trigger Stick

I like these a lot. I’ve got both the tall and the short tripod. I find them both to be useful. One of the bipods should be great from a treestand. Just check the needed height before buying.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

668 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 117LBS, 10Glocks, 68 invisible), 2,766 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,639
Posts18,512,234
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.