O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
Looks good High……
You did well.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
GB1

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Tag

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I have poured a lot of 24' wide pavement with an air screed and lotsa help including 4 finishers.

Did the intersections 1 side a time.

Intersections complete.... then used form -riding equipment , 2 belt placers with a wire mesh

cart in between, finishing machine and sprayer. All old time equipment worked very good.

Looks like your job came out good.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Poured another 14x30 and 12x50 today. I made up a 14' screed and it worked great. The truck was down the road in 40 minutes.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by high_country_
I have a 24' wide slab to pour for a driveway. I have done a lot of hand screeding and roller screeding, but never tried a static screed.

I have a piece of 6" I beam that can easily span this with acceptable deflection.

My question is, can I drag this as a screed without vibration and expect to clean up the air behind it with a bull float? I will be brooming this and would like to mono pour and saw cut it. Guessing about 4" slump should fly.

I've never screeded without some form of agitation.

Thanks in advance.

Geeez that's a big pc of steel to be dragging around.... Why not just run a wet screed down the center and pull each 12' half with a typical magnesium straight edge? You would still have a monolithic pour that you can saw cut later.

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bobinpa
Originally Posted by high_country_
I have a 24' wide slab to pour for a driveway. I have done a lot of hand screeding and roller screeding, but never tried a static screed.

I have a piece of 6" I beam that can easily span this with acceptable deflection.

My question is, can I drag this as a screed without vibration and expect to clean up the air behind it with a bull float? I will be brooming this and would like to mono pour and saw cut it. Guessing about 4" slump should fly.

I've never screeded without some form of agitation.

Thanks in advance.

Geeez that's a big pc of steel to be dragging around.... Why not just run a wet screed down the center and pull each 12' half with a typical magnesium straight edge? You would still have a monolithic pour that you can saw cut later.

I worked with what I had on hand. I'm far enough out that I can only get 10 yards a day. I hate concrete but have done a bunch of it on bridges and heavy civil stuff. I'm not a great finisher, but our jobs (my buddy and I are trading labor at our places) are as good as can be asked for.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

492 members (1badf350, 19rabbit52, 204guy, 1OntarioJim, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 41 invisible), 3,513 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,721
Posts18,534,999
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.