-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Would never say you should not hire a safe moving outfit or rent that special equipment. But, in most cases there are safe/sane ways to do it yourself.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I used an engine cherry picker boom on our Kubota and some 3” ratchet straps. Moved it from one end of the house on ground level to new bedroom addition and hoisted mine up onto a 4ft high deck. Then pipe rolled it thru double french doors into my tornado room. About 800 lbs. Not a big safe but still would kill ya.

If I had to move another one I would use my front end loader.

I’d only hire some pros if stairs were involved.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
I used an engine cherry picker boom on our Kubota and some 3” ratchet straps. Moved it from one end of the house on ground level to new bedroom addition and hoisted mine up onto a 4ft high deck. Then pipe rolled it thru double french doors into my tornado room. About 800 lbs. Not a big safe but still would kill ya. If I had to move another one I would use my front end loader.
I’d only hire some pros if stairs were involved.
Excellent in my view. Safe and sane.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
F
A. Pay someone
B. Leave it and buy a new one
C. Pay someone to move/install the new one.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GregOlts47
Originally Posted by GregOlts47
It's a job that requires some serious muscle and planning. I've never moved a gun safe myself, but I've heard that hiring professionals is the way to go.

They have the right equipment and know-how to move it safely and without damaging your floors or walls.
As for packing glasses and plates, I found this article helpful: https://getmanandvan.co.uk/tips-for-how-to-pack-glasses-and-plates-for-moving/ . It's all about wrapping them up carefully and using sturdy boxes to prevent any breakages.

Rick Bin,

We got a Bot!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Rolla lift

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Had mine moved across town for 175 bucks, tipped the guys 20 a piece on top of it. I just watched.

Funny, had to move my first safe, about a 23 gun, to a 2nd story apartment. Did the dolly thing, evidently it was a cheap dolly, got it about halfway up the stairs and the wheels broke off. Guy at the bottom was wiggin out, cant blame him, we got a corner wedged into the stair railing to keep it from sliding all the way down and give us a break. Ended up both at the bottom pushing it up the stairs as hard as we could, just sliding on the frame of that dolly. After that I said I'd never move another safe.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Why in the world would you’d bolt down a 1700# safe?? Oh wait your a cocksucking liberal dumbass from California

Should be obvious to even most DumbPhucks like yourself! Its because with most large safes, most of the weight is in the front of the safe, and with the door fully open there is a tipping hazard if not bolted down...

Phil

Not even close there buddy. Yes the door is the heaviest component, but you are not tipping a safe over with the weight of the door. No way, no how. Especially as you get bigger and bigger, the likelihood decreases. I just opened my 1100 pound safe up and hung on the very edge of the door when it was opened to 90 degrees. Even Jim (no offense Jim) couldn't get the safe to move or threaten to tip with just dead weight hanging on the door so there is no way a safe is at risk..

Last edited by Tarkio; 05/03/24.

Montana MOFO
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by killerv
Had mine moved across town for 175 bucks, tipped the guys 20 a piece on top of it. I just watched.

Funny, had to move my first safe, about a 23 gun, to a 2nd story apartment. Did the dolly thing, evidently it was a cheap dolly, got it about halfway up the stairs and the wheels broke off. Guy at the bottom was wiggin out, cant blame him, we got a corner wedged into the stair railing to keep it from sliding all the way down and give us a break. Ended up both at the bottom pushing it up the stairs as hard as we could, just sliding on the frame of that dolly. After that I said I'd never move another safe.

Yikes!!!

Harbor freight dolly? 😳

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Remove the door

Duh

I had one in a basement, a bunch of friends came over to help.

One of them showed me how to lift door off it hinges.

Cake

Last edited by Angus1895; 05/03/24.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
When I bought mine at Farm and Fleet me and the young kid at the store laid it on its back on my trailer. I hooked the trailer to my at and drove it around to the back door. We have a set of those plastic ski type things and the wife and I just drug it into the house and tilted it up in the spot we were going to put it. Easy peasy.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (1936M71, 12344mag, 007FJ, 2500HD, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 64 invisible), 2,246 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,670
Posts18,493,756
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.