Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I had a guest over for diner on Sunday, she was in the Canadian Armed Forces for 20 years and retired recently.

I asked her what the state of the Canadian Armed Forces are, she said depleted, and most of our equipment has been sent to the Ukraine.

Basically she said if China decided to invade Canada we would be defenseless. I had no idea and assumed we had a standing army that was capable of fighting and defending Canada for a while, wrong frown

Thank God the USA are our neighbors!

KB

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Of course the USA has also depleted its weapon stocks by sending so many weapons to Ukraine, but hopefully we still have a fairly functional military.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bowmanh
Of course the USA has also depleted its weapon stocks by sending so many weapons to Ukraine, but hopefully we still have a fairly functional military.
I'm glad the US maintains a real military. Sad and ashamed we in Canada have to depend on our good neighbors to the south for the defence of Canada as we have nothing but a token military.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bowmanh

According to her we do not.

Seriously the only thing that would stop the Chinese from invading Canada is the threat of Nuclear War from the States, is the conclusion I walked away with.

Sad.

KB

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Chinese can't invade Taiwan ,if they could, they would, let alone North America.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
The Chinese can't invade Taiwan ,if they could, they would, let alone North America.

With all due respect I disagree completely, they can take over Taiwan tomorrow if they wanted to, just like they did to Hong Kong. Unless you want WWIII, frankly I do not want to see it in my lifetime.

All decent was crushed immediately.

Last edited by KillerBee; 08/22/23.

KB

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Our most dangerous enemies live right here. The Chinese are only a wing of the real Communist, and are there to create the illusion of our enemy, our enemy has already infiltrated and subverted our government/s.

If they did attack us I wasn't going to expect any help from anyone especially the Canadian military, I would simply begin slashing, stabbing, and shooting as many as I can before I go down, and there will be alot of dead, that is all.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 673
Our most dangerous enemies live right here. The Chinese are only a wing of the real Communist, and are there to create the illusion of our enemy, our enemy has already infiltrated and subverted our government/s.

If they did attack us I wasn't going to expect any help from anyone especially the Canadian military, I would simply begin slashing, stabbing, and shooting as many as I can before I go down, and there will be alot of dead, that is all.

Could not agree more! We are FK'ed.

KB

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I never said we are fugged, you are implying that, I won't try and change your mind.

I think that because we have according to Erin O'Toole 20,000 united front members living in Canada, I say we have that many in BC, probably close to that in Alberta too. Any invasion will result in many perceived enemies dead, many would be innocent victims, but not our problem, its clear that is what happens in war.

Every Canadian should educate themselves on the united front. I suppose if we see a massive exodus of these united front members prior to an invasion, that would leave sign a blind man could follow.

History says this isn't the first time and it won't be the last (maybe it will) time this has happened, it was sorted out before, measures taken, things were good for a couple generations, then it happens again lol.

Christians don't need to worry about these things, just prepare for them.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 673
I never said we are fugged, you are implying that, I won't try and change your mind.

I think that because we have according to Erin O'Toole 20,000 united front members living in Canada, I say we have that many in BC, probably close to that in Alberta too. Any invasion will result in many perceived enemies dead, many would be innocent victims, but not our problem, its clear that is what happens in war.

Every Canadian should educate themselves on the united front. I suppose if we see a massive exodus of these united front members prior to an invasion, that would leave sign a blind man could follow.

History says this isn't the first time and it won't be the last (maybe it will) time this has happened, it was sorted out before, measures taken, things were good for a couple generations, then it happens again lol.

Christians don't need to worry about these things, just prepare for them.

Hi 673, my apologies, I did not mean to imply that you said we were F'ed. I said it and I truly believe it.

As it pertains to your comment "Our most dangerous enemies live right here" I agree.

As it pertains to our military, we simply are not ready for anything of a seriously hostile nature.

You do not know me at all. I am one very tough hombre, I have had more fights than I can remember. I put myself through University by working as the Head Bouncer "Cooler" at one of the most popular bars in Montreal, I had many fights, sometimes I took on two at a time. I never lost one fight, most people I fought with ended up in the hospital. And growing up in Quebec and being English I had many fights way before I was hired as a top Cooler, and they ended up injured as well.

When I was young I decided never to join our military, at the time Trudeau Sr. was in power. No way on earth would I ever go to a foreign land and fight for that flake, only to sit in a foxhole eating K-Rations while imbeciles like him sat in Ottawa partying while drinking Champagne and eating fresh-out of the ocean Lobster.

On the other hand, if another country came here to invade Canada, I would very happily fight to the death. I fear no man and I am an expert shot, so like you, before I was to be taken out, I would do my best to reciprocate. If the USA was invaded, count me in to defend them as well, they are our brothers as far as I am concerned!

My intent in this thread was to make people aware that our military is understaffed, under-equipped, and far from ready to defend our country.

This came as a surprise to me.

KB

IC B3

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
All of the militarys of the friendlys are understaffed, who would sign up to fight for Trudeau's Canada?
I am willing to defend this land, just like my grandfathers for thousands of years, if they want to bring it that's different lol.

As an aside, China is not known for conquering countries, but has spent alot of time fighting wars with themselves as in during the "warring states" period, very interesting.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by KillerBee
You do not know me at all. I am one very tough hombre, I have had more fights than I can remember. I put myself through University by working as the Head Bouncer "Cooler" at one of the most popular bars in Montreal, I had many fights, sometimes I took on two at a time. I never lost one fight, most people I fought with ended up in the hospital. And growing up in Quebec and being English I had many fights way before I was hired as a top Cooler, and they ended up injured as well.

You know, the one thing I learnt working the door in a night club, was that the really tough guys never had to tell you they were tough.
And growing up around some truly spectacular riflemen, not once have I ever heard anyone who is a top tier shooter characterize themselves as an “expert shot”. Usually they are simply very humble and say such deprecating things like “I have some good days occasionally”….

I sit here in awe of your pugilistic prowess and natural shooting abilities sir. You are undoubtedly a boon to the humble Canada forum and we are lucky to have you………….

Originally Posted by Someone
Why pack all that messy meat out of the bush when we can just go to the grocery store where meat is made? Hell,if they sold antlers I would save so much money I could afford to go Dolphin fishing. Maybe even a baby seal safari.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by KodiakHntr

You know, the one thing I learnt working the door in a night club, was that the really tough guys never had to tell you they were tough.
And growing up around some truly spectacular riflemen, not once have I ever heard anyone who is a top tier shooter characterize themselves as an “expert shot”. Usually they are simply very humble and say such deprecating things like “I have some good days occasionally”….

I sit here in awe of your pugilistic prowess and natural shooting abilities sir. You are undoubtedly a boon to the humble Canada forum and we are lucky to have you………….

Whatever only stated the facts.

My father was a Golden Gloves Boxer and beat the Canadian Champion when he was 16. He taught me how to fight very young, and where I lived it came in very handy, it was not optional growing up in Queerbec while being English during the FLQ Crisis. I probably had more street fights from the age of 9 to 16 than you have had in your entire life.

Don't believe me, I could care less than less.

Last edited by KillerBee; 08/23/23.

KB

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I believe the US could " take over Canada ...with a strongly worded letter"

but, who wants it?

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by cisco1
I believe the US could " take over Canada ...with a strongly worded letter"

but, who wants it?

The USA could beat Canada by simply sending Brandon up here with the same chain he used to beat Popcorn. lol

KB

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K

My father was a Golden Gloves Boxer and beat the Canadian Champion when he was 16. He taught me how to fight very young, and where I lived it came in very handy, it was not optional growing up in Queerbec while being English. I probably had more street fights from the age of 9 to 16 than you have had in your entire life.

My goodness! I was merely stating how lucky we are to have you here protecting our borders! And undoubtedly your daddy was much tougher than anyone else’s daddy!

You HAVE to be reading what you type before you hit send on it, no?
Regardless, thanks for the laughs today big guy.

Originally Posted by Someone
Why pack all that messy meat out of the bush when we can just go to the grocery store where meat is made? Hell,if they sold antlers I would save so much money I could afford to go Dolphin fishing. Maybe even a baby seal safari.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I would not mess with him.............

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I had a guest over for diner on Sunday, she was in the Canadian Armed Forces for 20 years and retired recently.

I asked her what the state of the Canadian Armed Forces are, she said depleted, and most of our equipment has been sent to the Ukraine.

Basically she said if China decided to invade Canada we would be defenseless. I had no idea and assumed we had a standing army that was capable of fighting and defending Canada for a while, wrong frown

Thank God the USA are our neighbors!

I wish Trudeau had stopped the Chinese balloon while in the nowhere part of Canada safely. To find out Turdeau is just as sold out as Biden.......

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
I’m sure the US would want China as a neighbour.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

My father was a Golden Gloves Boxer and beat the Canadian Champion when he was 16. He taught me how to fight very young, and where I lived it came in very handy, it was not optional growing up in Queerbec while being English. I probably had more street fights from the age of 9 to 16 than you have had in your entire life.

My goodness! I was merely stating how lucky we are to have you here protecting our borders! And undoubtedly your daddy was much tougher than anyone else’s daddy!

You HAVE to be reading what you type before you hit send on it, no?
Regardless, thanks for the laughs today big guy.

Ya I read your response.

Just so you know I never started a fight in my life, I just ended them.

I would gladly sign up to fight if either Canada or the USA were attacked. I would do my best to take out as many enemy's as possible before I was taken out.

Not only do I not fear any man, I do not fear death.

When I die, I will be with my Lord and Savior.

KB

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1936M71, 67 invisible), 2,529 guests, and 1,146 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,810
Posts18,477,583
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.