Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I had a guest over for diner on Sunday, she was in the Canadian Armed Forces for 20 years and retired recently.

I asked her what the state of the Canadian Armed Forces are, she said depleted, and most of our equipment has been sent to the Ukraine.

Basically she said if China decided to invade Canada we would be defenseless. I had no idea and assumed we had a standing army that was capable of fighting and defending Canada for a while, wrong frown

Thank God the USA are our neighbors!

KB

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Of course the USA has also depleted its weapon stocks by sending so many weapons to Ukraine, but hopefully we still have a fairly functional military.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bowmanh
Of course the USA has also depleted its weapon stocks by sending so many weapons to Ukraine, but hopefully we still have a fairly functional military.
I'm glad the US maintains a real military. Sad and ashamed we in Canada have to depend on our good neighbors to the south for the defence of Canada as we have nothing but a token military.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bowmanh

According to her we do not.

Seriously the only thing that would stop the Chinese from invading Canada is the threat of Nuclear War from the States, is the conclusion I walked away with.

Sad.

KB

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Chinese can't invade Taiwan ,if they could, they would, let alone North America.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
The Chinese can't invade Taiwan ,if they could, they would, let alone North America.

With all due respect I disagree completely, they can take over Taiwan tomorrow if they wanted to, just like they did to Hong Kong. Unless you want WWIII, frankly I do not want to see it in my lifetime.

All decent was crushed immediately.

Last edited by KillerBee; 08/22/23.

KB

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Our most dangerous enemies live right here. The Chinese are only a wing of the real Communist, and are there to create the illusion of our enemy, our enemy has already infiltrated and subverted our government/s.

If they did attack us I wasn't going to expect any help from anyone especially the Canadian military, I would simply begin slashing, stabbing, and shooting as many as I can before I go down, and there will be alot of dead, that is all.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 673
Our most dangerous enemies live right here. The Chinese are only a wing of the real Communist, and are there to create the illusion of our enemy, our enemy has already infiltrated and subverted our government/s.

If they did attack us I wasn't going to expect any help from anyone especially the Canadian military, I would simply begin slashing, stabbing, and shooting as many as I can before I go down, and there will be alot of dead, that is all.

Could not agree more! We are FK'ed.

KB

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I never said we are fugged, you are implying that, I won't try and change your mind.

I think that because we have according to Erin O'Toole 20,000 united front members living in Canada, I say we have that many in BC, probably close to that in Alberta too. Any invasion will result in many perceived enemies dead, many would be innocent victims, but not our problem, its clear that is what happens in war.

Every Canadian should educate themselves on the united front. I suppose if we see a massive exodus of these united front members prior to an invasion, that would leave sign a blind man could follow.

History says this isn't the first time and it won't be the last (maybe it will) time this has happened, it was sorted out before, measures taken, things were good for a couple generations, then it happens again lol.

Christians don't need to worry about these things, just prepare for them.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 673
I never said we are fugged, you are implying that, I won't try and change your mind.

I think that because we have according to Erin O'Toole 20,000 united front members living in Canada, I say we have that many in BC, probably close to that in Alberta too. Any invasion will result in many perceived enemies dead, many would be innocent victims, but not our problem, its clear that is what happens in war.

Every Canadian should educate themselves on the united front. I suppose if we see a massive exodus of these united front members prior to an invasion, that would leave sign a blind man could follow.

History says this isn't the first time and it won't be the last (maybe it will) time this has happened, it was sorted out before, measures taken, things were good for a couple generations, then it happens again lol.

Christians don't need to worry about these things, just prepare for them.

Hi 673, my apologies, I did not mean to imply that you said we were F'ed. I said it and I truly believe it.

As it pertains to your comment "Our most dangerous enemies live right here" I agree.

As it pertains to our military, we simply are not ready for anything of a seriously hostile nature.

You do not know me at all. I am one very tough hombre, I have had more fights than I can remember. I put myself through University by working as the Head Bouncer "Cooler" at one of the most popular bars in Montreal, I had many fights, sometimes I took on two at a time. I never lost one fight, most people I fought with ended up in the hospital. And growing up in Quebec and being English I had many fights way before I was hired as a top Cooler, and they ended up injured as well.

When I was young I decided never to join our military, at the time Trudeau Sr. was in power. No way on earth would I ever go to a foreign land and fight for that flake, only to sit in a foxhole eating K-Rations while imbeciles like him sat in Ottawa partying while drinking Champagne and eating fresh-out of the ocean Lobster.

On the other hand, if another country came here to invade Canada, I would very happily fight to the death. I fear no man and I am an expert shot, so like you, before I was to be taken out, I would do my best to reciprocate. If the USA was invaded, count me in to defend them as well, they are our brothers as far as I am concerned!

My intent in this thread was to make people aware that our military is understaffed, under-equipped, and far from ready to defend our country.

This came as a surprise to me.

KB

IC B3

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
All of the militarys of the friendlys are understaffed, who would sign up to fight for Trudeau's Canada?
I am willing to defend this land, just like my grandfathers for thousands of years, if they want to bring it that's different lol.

As an aside, China is not known for conquering countries, but has spent alot of time fighting wars with themselves as in during the "warring states" period, very interesting.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by KillerBee
You do not know me at all. I am one very tough hombre, I have had more fights than I can remember. I put myself through University by working as the Head Bouncer "Cooler" at one of the most popular bars in Montreal, I had many fights, sometimes I took on two at a time. I never lost one fight, most people I fought with ended up in the hospital. And growing up in Quebec and being English I had many fights way before I was hired as a top Cooler, and they ended up injured as well.

You know, the one thing I learnt working the door in a night club, was that the really tough guys never had to tell you they were tough.
And growing up around some truly spectacular riflemen, not once have I ever heard anyone who is a top tier shooter characterize themselves as an “expert shot”. Usually they are simply very humble and say such deprecating things like “I have some good days occasionally”….

I sit here in awe of your pugilistic prowess and natural shooting abilities sir. You are undoubtedly a boon to the humble Canada forum and we are lucky to have you………….

Originally Posted by Someone
Why pack all that messy meat out of the bush when we can just go to the grocery store where meat is made? Hell,if they sold antlers I would save so much money I could afford to go Dolphin fishing. Maybe even a baby seal safari.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by KodiakHntr

You know, the one thing I learnt working the door in a night club, was that the really tough guys never had to tell you they were tough.
And growing up around some truly spectacular riflemen, not once have I ever heard anyone who is a top tier shooter characterize themselves as an “expert shot”. Usually they are simply very humble and say such deprecating things like “I have some good days occasionally”….

I sit here in awe of your pugilistic prowess and natural shooting abilities sir. You are undoubtedly a boon to the humble Canada forum and we are lucky to have you………….

Whatever only stated the facts.

My father was a Golden Gloves Boxer and beat the Canadian Champion when he was 16. He taught me how to fight very young, and where I lived it came in very handy, it was not optional growing up in Queerbec while being English during the FLQ Crisis. I probably had more street fights from the age of 9 to 16 than you have had in your entire life.

Don't believe me, I could care less than less.

Last edited by KillerBee; 08/23/23.

KB

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I believe the US could " take over Canada ...with a strongly worded letter"

but, who wants it?

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by cisco1
I believe the US could " take over Canada ...with a strongly worded letter"

but, who wants it?

The USA could beat Canada by simply sending Brandon up here with the same chain he used to beat Popcorn. lol

KB

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K

My father was a Golden Gloves Boxer and beat the Canadian Champion when he was 16. He taught me how to fight very young, and where I lived it came in very handy, it was not optional growing up in Queerbec while being English. I probably had more street fights from the age of 9 to 16 than you have had in your entire life.

My goodness! I was merely stating how lucky we are to have you here protecting our borders! And undoubtedly your daddy was much tougher than anyone else’s daddy!

You HAVE to be reading what you type before you hit send on it, no?
Regardless, thanks for the laughs today big guy.

Originally Posted by Someone
Why pack all that messy meat out of the bush when we can just go to the grocery store where meat is made? Hell,if they sold antlers I would save so much money I could afford to go Dolphin fishing. Maybe even a baby seal safari.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I would not mess with him.............

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I had a guest over for diner on Sunday, she was in the Canadian Armed Forces for 20 years and retired recently.

I asked her what the state of the Canadian Armed Forces are, she said depleted, and most of our equipment has been sent to the Ukraine.

Basically she said if China decided to invade Canada we would be defenseless. I had no idea and assumed we had a standing army that was capable of fighting and defending Canada for a while, wrong frown

Thank God the USA are our neighbors!

I wish Trudeau had stopped the Chinese balloon while in the nowhere part of Canada safely. To find out Turdeau is just as sold out as Biden.......

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
I’m sure the US would want China as a neighbour.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

My father was a Golden Gloves Boxer and beat the Canadian Champion when he was 16. He taught me how to fight very young, and where I lived it came in very handy, it was not optional growing up in Queerbec while being English. I probably had more street fights from the age of 9 to 16 than you have had in your entire life.

My goodness! I was merely stating how lucky we are to have you here protecting our borders! And undoubtedly your daddy was much tougher than anyone else’s daddy!

You HAVE to be reading what you type before you hit send on it, no?
Regardless, thanks for the laughs today big guy.

Ya I read your response.

Just so you know I never started a fight in my life, I just ended them.

I would gladly sign up to fight if either Canada or the USA were attacked. I would do my best to take out as many enemy's as possible before I was taken out.

Not only do I not fear any man, I do not fear death.

When I die, I will be with my Lord and Savior.

KB

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Thou shalt no bare false witness.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by pathfinder76
I’m sure the US would want China as a neighbour.

No but a buffed up Canada would be nice.

Dog I rescued in January

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Have you ever watched a hockey game? Canadians aren’t just Torontonians

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by pathfinder76
Have you ever watched a hockey game? Canadians aren’t just Torontonians

Snicker snicker I wasn't talking about hockey.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Pussies play Hockey, Football is the sport men play lol!

KB

R
RPN Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Pussies play Hockey, Football is the sport men play lol!

With helmets and padding and stuff? Ever heard of rugby? It's what football wants to be when it grows up.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I'm just flat out of my depth on a thread like this. My US Army service was non-combat (we all had to train for it though) and I've never been a bouncer. On top of all that, I'm old. I've never felt so inadequate! GD

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I thought Vancouver is occupied by the Chinese?

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by flintlocke

You would be correct, most Canadians I know call Vancouver, Hongcouver, just like they call Toronto, Torontoistan.

KB

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

You would be correct, most Canadians I know call Vancouver, Hongcouver, just like they call Toronto, Torontoistan.

i was there in Vancouver in july 2023 i did notice plenty Chinese people. ???

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Hey pete53 I trust you are doing great and getting ramped up for the deer season.

A lot of Chinese people are wealthy and escape to Canada and can afford to live in Vancouver, which is why so many live there.

KB

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
The threat of a Chinese invasion of Canada is almost zero, considering they have no blue water navy.

As another poster mentioned, the real threat has already taken over the government and acts as a Communist dictator, only a pussified, metrosexual mirror image of one. I am of course referring to your Justin Trudeau.

We have the same problem here in the US. Only our Communist dictator is a pants [bleep] dementia patient, whom even in his prime never possessed the mental aptitude to be fit for dog catcher. We do have one excuse and that is the election was stolen.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Our problem is that neither of our countries are capable of fighting a major war. Brandon has given away our ammo stocks and weapons, and has wokified the military so that they are more worried about what color nail polish to wear than how to fight a war. My little knowledge on the Canadian side indicates that they are somewhat in the same position. The men that fought the Axis are gone and I believe that we would be relegated to fighting a guerilla war pretty quickly. Even our industrial base has been destroyed. I hope that I am wrong, but I seriously doubt it. A major war with China/Russia would be bad for us, but i do believe that we can delay Xi's desires and dreams of a world hegemony by quite a bit.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

flintlocke;
Good morning to you sir, I hope that the night cooled off for you all like it did here and that it's shaping up to be a decent day.

Hopefully I can be forgiven for a wee bit of a geography discussion, but what many Canucks who don't live in what we refer to as "The Lower Mainland" and is sometimes referred to as "Metro Vancouver" is actually all this.

Metro Vancouver is a regional district (MVRD) of 21 municipalities including the major areas of Vancouver, West Vancouver, North Vancouver, Richmond, Burnaby, New Westminster, Coquitlam, Surrey, White Rock, Maple Ridge, Langley, Port Moody, Port Coquitlam, Delta and Pitt Meadows.

In addition other municipalities and government bodies that make up Metro Vancouver include Abbotsford, Anmore, Belcarra, Bowen Island, Coquitlam, Delta, Langley, Lions Bay, Maple Ridge, New Westminster, Pitt Meadows, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, the Tsawwassen First Nation and White Rock.

When looking for an ethnic breakdown of all that, I got this.

A breakdown of Metro Vancouver’s visible minority populations in 2021, as identified by Statistics Canada:

Chinese: 512,260 (20%)

South Asian: 369,295 (14%)

Filipino: 142,120 (5.5%)

West Asian: 64,645 (2.5%)

Korean: 63,465 (2.4%)

Latin American: 51,500 (2%)

Black: 41,180 (1.6%)

Japanese: 31,195 (1.2%)

Arab: 22,445 (0.9%)

As I perceive it when travelling in various communities for work, there are certainly concentrations of ethnic communities in different places. For instance when we'd do pickups or deliveries in Richmond, one would be hard pressed to see folks who were not what appeared to be of Chinese extraction to me. Similarly in Surrey, there was a strong South Asian or East Indian community.

As Killer Bee mentioned, when Hong Kong was being taken over by the CCP, a huge influx of folks from there came here, many to Richmond evidentally.

When our daughter did her teaching practicum in one of the many Surrey high schools as it's the biggest school district in BC, she reported there were very few students of European background other than some kids whose parents had left Russia or the Ukraine.

Where she teaches now in Coquitlam there is a broader mix but still many of the kids will be the only ones in the house who speak English. She said that parent teacher interview days are always a challenge.

A little more than a century ago the grandparents on both sides of my family escaped Europe as refugees, so I've got some empathy for people who want to go to a new land and make a better life for themselves and their children.

Most of my working life was beside folks who'd come here from Vietnam and India as well as a smattering from the entire globe truly.

As long as people want to come here and work hard to make this a better place for us all, I'm good.

Please note I'm cognizant that's a tall order and was the topic of discussion with many of my coworkers who felt the same way, that is to say they wanted to move forward and leave "all that stuff" back in the old country as my friend Kuldeep used to say.

Anyways, that's the long version of what Metro Vancouver is and who might be living there.

Thanks for reading and all the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Thanks for the edumacation BC...when I worked out on the Island I came to Vancouver to blow off a little steam one weekend...tried to drink up the beer supply...and then needing food badly, climbed in a cab and asked the cabbie to take me to a place with good Chinese food. Well he did...he took me to a place so authentic there was a language barrier, and no english menu, sign language is a poor way to communicate when ordering food, pantomining a chicken causes the Chinese no end of amusement...I thought I was in Shanghai. But the reports of my demise at the hands of the Tong were highly exaggerated.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for the edumacation BC...when I worked out on the Island I came to Vancouver to blow off a little steam one weekend...tried to drink up the beer supply...and then needing food badly, climbed in a cab and asked the cabbie to take me to a place with good Chinese food. Well he did...he took me to a place so authentic there was a language barrier, and no english menu, sign language is a poor way to communicate when ordering food, pantomining a chicken causes the Chinese no end of amusement...I thought I was in Shanghai. But the reports of my demise at the hands of the Tong were highly exaggerated.

lol!

Next time you find yourself in such a position, print this out and give it to your waitress, you will eat well!

我想点你们这里最畅销的 4 道菜肴

There is an authentic Chinese restaurant I go to often here called Good Buddies, excellent food every time, and a huge selection. Rarely do I see a Caucasian person eating there. I order their BBQ Duck as one of the plates every time I go.

KB

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
These area's with high volume of Chinese is why and how we get foreign influence/interference regarding elections.
Those "united front" members mentioned are asked, told, forced, or happily vote for a particular member, who is always an NDP or a Liberal candidate. Doing so allows the CCP to manipulate policy within Canada, that is the job of the united front.

With the largest Sikh community outside of India, it isn't a stretch to assume the same is happening within the Sikh community, but for differing reasons.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 673
These area's with high volume of Chinese is why and how we get foreign influence/interference regarding elections.
Those "united front" members mentioned are asked, told, forced, or happily vote for a particular member, who is always an NDP or a Liberal candidate. Doing so allows the CCP to manipulate policy within Canada, that is the job of the united front.

With the largest Sikh community outside of India, it isn't a stretch to assume the same is happening within the Sikh community, but for differing reasons.

Truer words Never Said, I have been saying the same thing for years!

KB

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We are building a Canadian version of the type 35 frigate . The Aussies who are on the front line are also building their version. It's a European design . A good one, it was even suggested that the States build it ,too. But the US Navy want to do their own design. The Aussies are also building a nuclear powered attack subs. It's brilliant American design. As for the army, it's place is our NATO commitment. If the Ukrainians are willing to do the work, give them the tools. We can use the manpower to fight forest fires and build dykes for the floods. They don't need howitzers for that.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
flintlocke;
Morning sir, thanks for the reply and for taking my thoughts in the spirit they were offered.

My goodness that'd be a tall order on so many levels.

While growing up in Saskatchewan I naively believed we had some sort of world class beer consumption culture.... and then I moved to BC! laugh

Drinking up the beer supply of BC would be a Herculean task sir. wink

But yes indeed, good ethnic food can be had.

Our daughters both seem to find these wonderful Mom and Pop hole in the wall sort of spots. When they both lived in Victoria, the eldest took me to a Japanese place where we were the only non-Asian folks there but my goodness was whatever it was that I ordered tasty!

It was in point of fact and this I declared to any and all who would listen, my new favorite food. Then my daughter informed me what I'd ordered was more or less the same as our term "barbeque" which could be almost any thing on any grill surface to any body....

I was of course crushed and despondent. laugh

For sure though when we'd do runs into some of the industrial areas of Richmond, there was very little English signage on the shops.

If you ever happen to wander up Highway 97 in southern BC, give me a shout and we'll see what local fare I can find to feed you sir. There's some decent ice cream, not terrible food and very good wine, but the beer seems to be pretty "hoppy" to my taste and the craft distilleries want the equivalent of body parts for their offerings.

Have a good one sir.

Dwayne

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
673;
Morning my friend, I see your light is on and hope the night cooled off up there too.

Before I head out to tune up the roof sprinklers, I'll offer a couple thoughts if I may.

Your assessment of how the Chinese community is influenced by the United Front is correct as far as everything that I've been told by community members, LEO, etc.

The Sikh fellows that I worked with for years were a real education for me on a number of levels.

Family is a big deal with them which I can respect, but it was interesting that if the "family business" was criminal activity, that was all well and good. If it wasn't then it wasn't as well.

There were two brothers who I got to know fairly well, one is now an RCMP member and the other a Registered Care Aid.

They were quite open about a bunch of cultural stuff and honestly the only thing that they suggested the South Asian Sikh community might agree on was that they were not fond of Muslims, as in not one little bit.

The events of how India and Pakistan were formed were still front and center to them for sure.

Anyways, that's just a tiny sampling for sure and nothing more than that.

Well up on the roof I go sir, I hope neither of us needs these contraptions this year.

Have a good one.

Dwayne

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Canada does not have enough people for such vast territory to fend off a traditional ground forces attack from a country like China which seems to have an endless population they could ship anywhere they wanted. Thankfully the USA has enough people with guns that we could hold them off IMHO. Lack of ammo in the hands of the front line fighters would be a problem in my estimation (this is why everyone should shoot 308 :-) )!

Last edited by 257Bob; 08/24/23.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Dwayne....Be very cautious of extending invites to southern riff raff...with in-laws, outlaws and assorted friends scattered from Lillooet to 100 Mile House, anything could happen.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Pacific is a big ocean . The US Navy has some pretty good fast attack subs. I don't expect to see the PLA in landing craft any time soon.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 257Bob
Canada does not have enough people for such vast territory to fend off a traditional ground forces attack from a country like China which seems to have an endless population they could ship anywhere they wanted. Thankfully the USA has enough people with guns that we could hold them off IMHO. Lack of ammo in the hands of the front line fighters would be a problem in my estimation (this is why everyone should shoot 308 :-) )!

True that 257Bob our population is approximately 39.50 million people and we have a larger land mass than the USA. China's population is 1,425,887,337 billion people, they could swamp us and destroy us in a blink of an eye.

KB

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
So the Chinks don't have to invade, they already have.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The first Chinese came into BC at the same time as the frist Americans, during the Fraser River gold rush.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
OK, so admitting that I haven't read nearly all the Posts here. But to address an early predicate. "Land invasion by China. Taiwan, yes definitely. Rapid & strong with effort of preserving as much infrastructure possible! The U.S. or Canada, just No! Not realistic strategically or tactically! The great battles of the future are likely to be nuclear accident as the amount of hardware and capabilities, statistically great from rogue nations such as #1, N. Korea. Otherwise... Great battles, economic! The greatest, by definition "most advanced" nations, speaking technologically"! That equals "Infrastructure". The "victory" as a balanced attack upon tech capabilities. To cripple an enemy as holding "the keys" to restoration, under conditions.
As far as U.S. assistance, under NATO flag, many 'assisters". The united front. We're leveraging with "sanctions" foreign foe attacks. The less high tech, the less sanctions working. The more resilient the sanctioned nation citizens ability to endure, the lesser effect and greater length of sanctions necessary. Scraping off the gloss of Russian infrastructure reveals largely 30+ year old yet "Sovietische" wares. Cannons are the excellent example of doing more with an "S" Pot full of them substituting for 20% high tech capability doing 50% more damage! Foreign interventional assistance with 'high tech' warfare is the political, logistic, and residual resources question. Invading a neighboring nation, can be done 'on foot'. Hardly, high tech. But WWII era tech yet functioning trucks
can 'make it work'. Proximity of little consequence to high tech warfare becomes highly relevant when fighting Great War trench warfare. A warfare no high tech nation is really well equipped to "address". The overkill of weapons in environs where small village civilians... Western forces not likely to participate in another Hiroshima! (Righteous by my view of circumstances then -but not justifiably repeated,)

Right now, Canada's biggest battlefield seems to be never ending fire! We in the US, with our own 'same problems' our limited tech deployed. Beyond, despite more comic differences than harmful in any context, of course 'us' to stand by Canada! Naturally! But Taiwan is the next great battle ground re China and right now, China is on the verge of Depression predicated on a failed nationwide real estate market infrastructure. Our great mutual weapon with Canada and other mostly EU nations, is to revamp our entire relationship with China. The world's second largest economy and if Western world to meet East in Korea, Japan, China grand aggregate, the whole world to benefit.

My 'big picture take'!
Best!
John

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
The first Chinese came into BC at the same time as the frist Americans, during the Fraser River gold rush.
Give the devils their due...they did a lot of the grunt work hacking "The Great Wagon Road" into the sheer cliff walls of the Fraser...and later the railroad. If you haven't seen it, you can't appreciate it. But with Chinese labor contractors being what they were...life was cheap.
The Chinese labor gangs hacking the US transcontinental railroad over the Sierras in the mid 1860's were considered expendable. What caused the hard feelings, was no provision to send them home when the job was done. They settled in dense hives in San Francisco, and typhus and bubonic plague set in, along with opium and slavery...hence the Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882.
I see some parallels developing down here now with unrestricted 3rd world immigration, the resurgence of diseases that the medical community thought to be eradicated are popping up, slavery or indentured servitude, child trafficking, gangs. It seems commonwealth countries embrace multi culturalism...and it sounds compassionate and good...but for myself, living in a state where WASP's have been a minority for a decade, we now have to think ahead and consider where we can go safely, do we need to be armed, is it smart to avoid interaction with some minorities, do we need to avoid gas stations and rest stops in the wee hours, is it safe to ask a heavily accented minority to repeat themselves...it's not fun.
Example, although I have lived in Calif for donkeys years, I've never been to LA. So I planned a looping nostalgic rail journey...but on Amtrak I had to change railroads in LA which involved a bus transfer in a bad part. But the booking lady without me asking said...Don't worry, we have security guards on each bus..so I drew the conclusion the train stations were in a rough area. A journey not taken..not fear, just why bother. Nothing to do with CA defense, sorry guys.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A lot of Chinese died building the railroad in Canada, especially in BC and Alberta, dangerous work for very little pay.

KB

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They don't make chinks the way they used to, not a commie, good...commie=bad

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I suspect something like this would be waiting on every hill where the topography presents itself, which is everywhere in BC, hope they dock here.
https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/battle-of-kapyong

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I’m certainly not informed as to our technical and specific obligations outside of the fact that we are “one” in solidarity should you guys get attacked…without any delay we are to respond and repel the “attack”. I don’t think China would attack Canada and leave us untouched anyway. 😀

My grandpa was born in Canada and spent his childhood riding his horse all over Ontario until WWII. He wanted to be a US citizen since he spent 9 months every year with family in the US after his mom died and dad left. He got his citizenship after being called out of a foxhole at Fort Dix and then by rail to Ontario whereupon he surrendered his Canadian passport and received his new American passport. He was being sent to the bulge and wanted to be a US citizen since grandma was a US citizen.

I have a very strong affinity for our northern neighbors and if we’re going to spend anything in a sh.ithole like Ukraine we’ll sink or swim together AGAINST ANYONE!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The diseases that the Chinese suffered were NO DIFFERENT than the diseases EVERYONE else suffered. The opium was THEIR drug that had a deleterious affect on the Whites introduced to it, not the other way around! Life was no picnic in 1890’s China and the potential of getting rich enticed millions of all colors, nationalities and backgrounds from all over the world. This was the New World being opened to the old and it didn’t take much to find people who came seeking fortune only to be swindled and abused. It’s easier to catch a wild animal when they run in herds and the Chinese “herded up” together so that the decision, good or bad that effected the “group”, was made by the leader or (elder), was monolithic in its success or failure. The Chinese didn’t strike out INDIVIDUALLY as often as others….for a myriad of reasons.

Life was tough back then and there’s a long line of people with grievances but in the end the strong prosper and the weak die!….even more so if you worked in the 1890’s railroads and mines. 😉

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
PS…..They DID manage to gain traction because they were strong, industrious and hard working and for the next 100 years dominated the laundry business and dry cleaning as well as owning all the opium dens on the west coast. 😉

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Even if Canada were at our WWII levels, China would still beat us.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Having homestead land in Alaska... it's nice to have good neighbors North and South.
Probably an excellent idea to retain your firearms.
Most of my rifles were made in New Haven, many made before I was a little lad.
Stock up on tea, commodities, and various types of powder-including flour.

True-doe and Bye-done attended the same socialist Alinsky training schools. One is just more corrupt.

Only the dead have seen the end of war-PLATO

Advice to Caesar from Cicero: When in Rome, trust no one and sleep with your sword.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena-not the critic"-T. Roosevelt
There are no atheists in fox holes or in the open doors of a para's aircraft.....
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 68 invisible), 2,513 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,808
Posts18,477,556
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.