Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...gear-as-justin-trudeau-yells-at-facebook

Just thought I would post this in case turd O doesn't allow non Canadian news.

Let him grow, Shoot a doe !
GB1

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good post Monkey man.
First....I noticed that I/we couldn't get the info we did during the initial stages of the fires locally, I'm not up to date on the politics, but suspect its payback for the Turds internet reform lol. The Turd and friends are finding out they can't have it both ways.

Second.....the equipment is missing, I can believe it because people don't like being lied to when their families are threatened, an example of that would be blocking the road and leaving residents above the road block defenseless, without any help whatsoever. They want people out of there, but nobody is going to put the flames out on their homes, and it really is that simple.

On wednesday evening, they lit a backburn even though high winds were forecasted for thursday, the wind showed up and blew the fire, which was really 2 fires, merging them together, then coming down the hill into the community. Then the officials pat themselves on the back saying they saved countless homes, total bullshyte.

Third.....there was an entire truckload of food and water donated by Cisco, it was headed to the target area and the residents were going to boat the supplies to the residents (road is blocked) and it is the only way in there.

The government and friends don't like dissidents, so they hijacked the truck and sent it to another community 40 miles away. The reason......because the boats interfere with aircraft fight the fire, fair enough, but the fugging aircraft haven't been flying because of the smoke and shyte. Shuswap lake is a massive lake and even a child can see the boats could of stayed in a safe zone and delivered the supplies, the government could of delivered it themselves, but they don't like dissidents. They handed out fines to some of the boats delivering food.

There is a giant sign on the side of the highway from the previous fire 2 years ago written on a C-can that reads...government arson, that sums it up nicely.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
673;
Good evening my friend, I hope you and yours are well tonight.

We've heard via family in Salmon Arm that they didn't get much rain, but friends in Vernon got some, so perhaps you all got a wee bit at least?

As is my custom, whenever I'm well rested, have had enough coffee already and the stars are aligned, I listened to a CBC radio special on the fires today.

For those who don't know, our CBC - aka Canadian Broadcasting Corporation is nearly all government funded. That means that for nearly all their reports and articles, they'll have a hard left lean/slant/flavor.

Today was interesting however in that they got into the less than warm welcome our BC Premier David Eby got when he visited in some of the fire areas. In particular the CBC reporter actually reported the intense dissatisfaction of the Shuswap residents in how poor the communication and management of the fire fighting efforts for the Adams Lake fire have been.

It goes without saying I was a tad shocked to hear that on the CBC, you know? shocked

The news here on Global Vancouver also covered the powers that be not letting a food truck in to feed people who have stayed back to protect their property.

That's twice in one day I'm shocked 673.

I'm not sure if I should rush out and buy a lotto ticket, spend the evening reading the Good Book or reloading, but it's giving me pause to say the least.

Here's hoping that you and I and those we know and love make it through this year's fire season in one piece.

All the best to you all my friend.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, I saw the news lol....My son's friend sent him a pic near Neskonlith lk, the entire Mtn was on fire, I never saw that on the news.

Interesting that the MLA for the area is going to take Eby to task on sending the food truck to another community LOL, I know Mr Kyllo and have had interaction with him before, he won't let it go.

Last edited by 673; 08/22/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
673;
Thanks for the reply and further info.

We saw Mr. Kyllo on Global as well and they didn't brush him off at all.

Interesting isn't it?

Not quite sure what to make of some of the developments of the day. Maybe some of the news folks have had their homes burned or it's hit close enough to home that they're feeling inclined towards truth?

One can always hope, can one not? grin

Dwayne

IC B2

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So, first the Province tells all tourists to leave because we need your hotel rooms.
Now, less than a week later the Province tells tourists they are welcome back and Kelowna is open for business. laugh
Clown show.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rained hard last night, not sure if it is just local or what has happened elsewhere. With the rain came another flurry of lightening, I see there are a few more fires spotted, sometimes they go undetected and it takes a couple days before they are discovered.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
673;
Morning sir, thanks for the weather report.

We got a wee bit of rain, about enough to settle the dust but not enough for puddles on the pavement.

Buddy up in Vernon said puddles on the pavement heading into Kelowna this morning.

Here's hoping Adams Lake got some of this too.

Have a good one.

Dwayne

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not a fan of Rebel news, but here is a good interview with some of the locals. It speaks to a common theme with many of the fires, they are inept, then with the media's help, they bullshyte people at large.

Meanwhile, the locals are trying to save homes and are having success. We see that pattern all the time now, they pat themselves on the back, the homeowners are bad, but the truth is quite the opposite.
Good luck getting people to leave their homes next time
https://www.bitchute.com/video/dKCC4ufEwkA/

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Fear not you Canadian fire watchers. Rain is on the way. I’m coming up hunting in a few weeks and it follows me everywhere I go. Doubly so if I’ve planned outdoor activities!

IC B3

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WMR
Fear not you Canadian fire watchers. Rain is on the way. I’m coming up hunting in a few weeks and it follows me everywhere I go. Doubly so if I’ve planned outdoor activities!
I remember you have a hunt planned, this particular fire is not where you are going, it is where I was wanting to go for a Moose, but that isn't going to happen this year lol.
Good luck on your hunt WMR.

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by 673
Originally Posted by WMR
I remember you have a hunt planned, this particular fire is not where you are going, it is where I was wanting to go for a Moose, but that isn't going to happen this year lol.
Good luck on your hunt WMR.

Outfitter just called. He’s canceling some hunts already. More fire. Mine’s still iffy. Pray for rain.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hope it works out for you.
Hunting in an area that has been recently burned can be exellent hunting.

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
It’s raining. That should help.

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Got the word from the outfitter yesterday. My moose hunt is cancelled. A separate fire burned up his backup area. Bitter pill to swallow. ☹️

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
WMR;
Good evening to you sir, sorry to read of that development.

It's been a bit of a dry fall for sure, as I mentioned in another post, the fire just west of us here that was under control blew up bigtime yesterday as did one just north of us.

Hopefully you both can come up with a solution to the situation.

Good luck on the rest of your hunts this fall.

Dwayne

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
The most recent fire advanced 20 miles last Friday. The outfitter is being quite decent. Though hunting is a passion for me, it’s his bread & butter. Gotta feel for the guy. Coming on the heels of the recent years’ border closings, this is another big loss for him.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's too bad.
There is alot of disappointed people up here as a result of fires. Another fire near me in the right place will ruin me as far as employment is concerned.
Maybe next year?

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I plan to hunt Alaska next year. Rebooked this hunt for 2025 (Good Lord willin’, an the creeks don’t rise). 🫤

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
It has rained a bunch here. You may hear other reasons for the rain but the fact is, I am entirely responsible, so there you go.
All I had to do was cut a dump truck full of firewood and not get it under cover in a timely manner. This action has NEVER failed to bring the rain, regardless of the weather forecast. Rolling all the windows down might help a little but the dry wood out in the open seems to be the main contributor. I have two more truck loads to get in, so I don't expect it to dry up any time soon. GD

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 68 invisible), 2,524 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,808
Posts18,477,541
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.