Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Sounds about right to me. I bought a 94 XTR in 375 in really nice shape from a member here last year in that range and felt like that was a pretty fair shake.

It's great shooter with .378 245gr cast and 200gr Shock Hammers. I haven't messed with any other bullets in it yet. I'll probably try some of the 200gr Sierras if I ever happen across some. I actually just finished zeroing in the sights on that thing with a cast load for deer season yesterday afternoon.

GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by zcm82
Sounds about right to me. I bought a 94 XTR in 375 in really nice shape from a member here last year in that range and felt like that was a pretty fair shake.

It's great shooter with .378 245gr cast and 200gr Shock Hammers. I haven't messed with any other bullets in it yet. I'll probably try some of the 200gr Sierras if I ever happen across some. I actually just finished zeroing in the sights on that thing with a cast load for deer season yesterday afternoon.

Sounds awesome ZCM. I need to dust mine off as well. I still have a few boxes of factory ammo, but don't want to shoot it because the damn stuff is so expensive now. I also load for mine, but have not gotten into the cast bullet game. Fun rifles to shoot for sure.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
It was a bit nasty to shoot when I first got it. I ended up putting one of the thin decelerator pads on it. That factory plate just bit the hell out of me, even with milder loads. I changed out the sights, too. My depth perception has gone to crap, so a fiber front is pretty much a must for me if I'm not using a peep.

It's a nice shooter. I can touch all my shots at 50yds on a day I'm not shaking too bad. Even on a bad day it's a 1.5" group at that range; plenty good enough for the spot I'll be hunting this fall. A long shot in there is maybe 70 yards.

I definitely wouldn't be shooting it much if I was paying for factory loads. Those Lightning cast are pretty reasonable, about $18/100. The Hammers are damn expensive, but I always like to work up a mono load for new rifles, just in the event I may need it somewhere/sometime in the future.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
It was a bit nasty to shoot when I first got it. I ended up putting one of the thin decelerator pads on it. That factory plate just bit the hell out of me, even with milder loads. I changed out the sights, too. My depth perception has gone to crap, so a fiber front is pretty much a must for me if I'm not using a peep.

It's a nice shooter. I can touch all my shots at 50yds on a day I'm not shaking too bad. Even on a bad day it's a 1.5" group at that range; plenty good enough for the spot I'll be hunting this fall. A long shot in there is maybe 70 yards.

I definitely wouldn't be shooting it much if I was paying for factory loads. Those Lightning cast are pretty reasonable, about $18/100. The Hammers are damn expensive, but I always like to work up a mono load for new rifles, just in the event I may need it somewhere/sometime in the future.

Damn, that is pretty good. I wish mine shot like that!! I think I shoot mine more offhand than any other rifle I own. It is a little punishing off the bench.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
My offhand shooting is absolutely abysmal. Neurological damage when I was 18, so I have tremors, especially in my hands. Some days are worse than others.

50yds off the bench on a less shaky day. 10.5gr Unique, CCI200 with the 245 Lightning.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B2

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Just saw my first 375 Marlin in the wild at a gun show yesterday. Exterior was 8+ condition, didnt check the bore once I saw the $2500 sale tag on it. Cool to see the 'holy grail' of the Marlin clan, but not for me at that price. Id rather a 444.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
My offhand shooting is absolutely abysmal. Neurological damage when I was 18, so I have tremors, especially in my hands. Some days are worse than others.

50yds off the bench on a less shaky day. 10.5gr Unique, CCI200 with the 245 Lightning.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Very nice shooting. I need to pull my 375 out and try some different loads.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Plouffer
Just saw my first 375 Marlin in the wild at a gun show yesterday. Exterior was 8+ condition, didnt check the bore once I saw the $2500 sale tag on it. Cool to see the 'holy grail' of the Marlin clan, but not for me at that price. Id rather a 444.

That is pretty expensive. I was eyeballing some 444's yesterday.

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
I was looking at a new in the box unfired Big Bore the other day they wanted $1250 for it? Is that the going rate more or less?..mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (204guy, 12344mag, 219DW, 222Sako, 2500HD, 1Longbow, 66 invisible), 2,421 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,298
Posts18,487,062
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.