-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
RC, I think that some high altitude re-jetting would have been in order on those 90's. My CT110 was geared a little high for how I use it, so dropping one tooth in the counter sprocket fixed that, but we do ride in 500-600' above sea level and that makes a huge difference. Those little Honda trail bikes are good for exploring the dirt roads because they are street legal, but I think that the rear tire is too narrow for anything much off road. That is another benefit to those wide Rokon tires because you can ride over mud or ice that you would sink on walking.

They each have their place. UTV's for longer distance and packing more. ATV's are convenient if they have wide trails. Dirt bikes for faster riding. Trail bikes for slower hard surface trail riding. Rokons for slow rough terrain.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A friend I guide bears with has a new Rokon or 2,,he uses the Otter Sigland Hi-Fax tub sled and slide a comeplete moose out with ease. I'll see if I can get a pic or 2.

I tend to use more than enough gun
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Windfall
RC, I think that some high altitude re-jetting would have been in order on those 90's. My CT110 was geared a little high for how I use it, so dropping one tooth in the counter sprocket fixed that, but we do ride in 500-600' above sea level and that makes a huge difference. Those little Honda trail bikes are good for exploring the dirt roads because they are street legal, but I think that the rear tire is too narrow for anything much off road. That is another benefit to those wide Rokon tires because you can ride over mud or ice that you would sink on walking.

They each have their place. UTV's for longer distance and packing more. ATV's are convenient if they have wide trails. Dirt bikes for faster riding. Trail bikes for slower hard surface trail riding. Rokons for slow rough terrain.
X2, the carb should have been rejetted and adjusted at 5,000ft. It sounds like you may have had additional issues. We still use a trail 90 and it'll carry 350# in low up any hill it can keep traction on.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by waterrat
A friend I guide bears with has a new Rokon or 2,,he uses the Otter Sigland Hi-Fax tub sled and slide a comeplete moose out with ease. I'll see if I can get a pic or 2.

I’ve gone to using s heavy narrow 6’ long Snow-Ski for my deer pulling too. I have folded them up over the back rack, but they don’t bend up in the middle as well as the bears do. I’ve wondered about pulling out a moose whole. I pulled my F-150 4x4 to see if I could, but on wheels it wouldn’t have been as heavy as a moose. Other than being top heavy with a bear on the back, they go fine. Pulling a big bear on bare ground is like trying to pull a water bed. The only down side that I’ve seen with using the sled is that the sled wants to slide past you on a down hill.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The only down side that I’ve seen with using the sled is that the sled wants to slide past you on a down hill.
Take a lesson from snowshoers and XC skiers pulling sleds. They attach 2 PVC poles to the front and to a waist belt to hold the sled back. Similar poles attached to a Rokon's trailer hitch will do the same thing although having both poles come together at the hitch will greatly extend the effective sled length.

Crossing the poles gives more control.
[Linked Image from wintercampers.com]

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

513 members (257 roberts, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 2500HD, 1badf350, 1936M71, 58 invisible), 2,450 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,441
Posts18,489,489
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.