B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by BuzzH
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Triangle Shirtwaist Fire…..proof that corporate fat cats really are loving and caring bunch that don’t need government interfering in their businesses. If the workers don’t want to die after being essentially locked in at work and locked out of escape they should look for employment elsewhere…..🤔

The reality is that because of greed, power and evilness owners and bosses proved long ago that they were not capable of doing the right thing and couldn’t be trusted to live up to the agreements, they stole money, withheld wages, charged exorbitant fees, created miserable and unsafe working environments, placed illegal and unreasonable demands outside the scope of your employment, etc. Those dipshits created the vacuum that necessitated collective bargaining and unions. It was the owner of the coal mine in West Virginia or Pennsylvania that abused the individual to the point that the individuals came together and said “ENOUGH”.

You might not like unions but if it wasn’t for the victories won on behalf of the workers by coming together for the common good NOBODY in this country working today would enjoy the safety, pay and working conditions if not for the unions of yesterday! The unions of today are NOT those of yesteryear but the protections that everyone enjoys today are because the sacrifices of the past still endure.

I’m not a fan of the modern union at all but I’m not dumb enough to ignore the benefits they’ve secured through their previous battles. I’m not a fan of the modern CEO but I know that counting on their generosity and altruism is NOT how I budget my household finances and I trust the CEO about as far as I can throw any of them.

Aces,
That was well said .... hard to disagree, but, as others have pointed out initially unions served a good purpose... but eventually they succumbed to the greed themselves and that is why I believe we are each our own best activist.

They still serve a purpose, keeping what others died for.

Good grief you are ate up with your vitue signaling bullshit aren't you?

What's vitue?

I guess 7th grade civics wasn't the only class you slept through.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Triangle Shirtwaist Fire…..proof that corporate fat cats really are loving and caring bunch that don’t need government interfering in their businesses. If the workers don’t want to die after being essentially locked in at work and locked out of escape they should look for employment elsewhere…..🤔

The reality is that because of greed, power and evilness owners and bosses proved long ago that they were not capable of doing the right thing and couldn’t be trusted to live up to the agreements, they stole money, withheld wages, charged exorbitant fees, created miserable and unsafe working environments, placed illegal and unreasonable demands outside the scope of your employment, etc. Those dipshits created the vacuum that necessitated collective bargaining and unions. It was the owner of the coal mine in West Virginia or Pennsylvania that abused the individual to the point that the individuals came together and said “ENOUGH”.

You might not like unions but if it wasn’t for the victories won on behalf of the workers by coming together for the common good NOBODY in this country working today would enjoy the safety, pay and working conditions if not for the unions of yesterday! The unions of today are NOT those of yesteryear but the protections that everyone enjoys today are because the sacrifices of the past still endure.

I’m not a fan of the modern union at all but I’m not dumb enough to ignore the benefits they’ve secured through their previous battles. I’m not a fan of the modern CEO but I know that counting on their generosity and altruism is NOT how I budget my household finances and I trust the CEO about as far as I can throw any of them.

Aces,
That was well said .... hard to disagree, but, as others have pointed out initially unions served a good purpose... but eventually they succumbed to the greed themselves and that is why I believe we are each our own best activist.

What's vitue?

I build things... never typed a word until I got on the campfire...
What can we expect next from you, grammar Nazi?

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Aces,

What's vitue?

I build things... never typed a word until I got on the campfire...
What can we expect next from you, grammar Nazi?

You couldn't build a case of hemorrhoids.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RiverRider

Aces,

Good thing is no such thing as a Fat Cat in the unions, huh>? LOL.

There was a time and a place for unions...like 170 years ago.

In this day and age, unions are allowed to MONOPOLIZE labor and that is BULLSHIT.

If and when unions are required to allow competing unions, it may be equitable---at least for a while until collusion sets in.

As it stands now,

F.U.C.K.

T.H.E.

U.N.I.O.N.S.

You sound upset... 😭

Don't care, you're going to have to die with it.

You'll die sounding stupid. That cannot be helped.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You think your childish insults are winning? what a dumbfuck

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Aces,

In this day and age, unions are allowed to MONOPOLIZE labor and that is BULLSHIT.

If and when unions are required to allow competing unions, it may be equitable---at least for a while until collusion sets in.

As it stands now,

F.U.C.K.

T.H.E.

U.N.I.O.N.S.

You sound upset... 😭

Unions are getting stronger and will be around long after you're worm chit.

Oh, and I'll try to remember this thread this fall when I'm getting paid to hunt/fish 4 states this fall for 2 months.

All thanks to those horrible unions.

Laffin'

Last edited by BuzzH; 09/04/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Aces,

As it stands now,

F.U.C.K.

T.H.E.

U.N.I.O.N.S.

You sound upset... 😭

Oh, and I'll try to remember this thread this fall when I'm getting paid to hunt/fish 4 states this fall for 2 months.

Laffin'

You're already wormshit.

Congratulations.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Aces,

As it stands now,

F.U.C.K.

T.H.E.

U.N.I.O.N.S.

You sound upset... 😭

Laffin'

You're already wormshit.

Congratulations.

Good one, in particular from someone that is forced to live in Texas.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Suck my Glock, commiefuck.

Don't be the darkness.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Quote;

Let that sink in.....
People are suffering from inflation, increased tax's , health care cost etc..... but Buzzy hunts 2 months a year and gets paid... by taxpayers....
He has no clue where inflation comes from.... typical Bolshevik
The old axiom, there is no free lunch is true

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Neighbor belongs to a union and said he supports Democratic Party no matter how bad! He even supports Quisling Joe!!!

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Amen brother. A union is no more than a private entity of like minded individuals that form a partnership to negotiate the sale of their labor and expertise at a fair price to an organization that works to keep wages as low as possible.

As to public employee unions, they serve a purpose in keeping their employers in line but their best protections are the civil service regulations. A union employee or a civil service employee can be fired for cause and it happens all the time.

I can speak from the position of a public employee and if not for civil service chicken sheit managers would love to fire some of their most productive employees. Good efficient public employees disrupt things and "make the rest of us look bad".

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I'm curious about how many folks on here that hate unions so badly are oh maybe sitting around the house in a pair of Levi's that they maybe bought at Costco. And possibly bought their kids a Disney movie or went to one of the Disney theme parks over the summer. Possibly had a meal at Burger King,Panera,Chipotle or had Door Dash deliver your family a meal. Maybe bought something using PayPal. Because we all know that there are plenty of members on here that love them some PayPal. There are far more cooperations that support the anti gun agenda then what I have listed and are non union,but ya'all get the point. C'mon now speak up, can't be scared all of your life to admit that you do business with some of these places and by proxy are supporting the anti 2A movement. Yes I'm a member of a Building Trades Union, but I can honestly say that I don't darken the door step of any of those businesses. So ya'all don't need to be spouting off about how righteous you are because you're not a union member.

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well bless yer little heart.

Don't be the darkness.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Says the Rat that is making half of what he could be making.
Congratulations ?

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
If corporations are people then unions are NOT outdated! Think about that before you guys tear my head off….

That decision, “corporations are people too”, has wide-ranging implications that few consider but the effects cannot be ignored or understated. Few individuals, real individuals, can afford to express themselves with the financial voice that corporations can. In politics MONEY is the voice that’s heard so if you can’t “yell” louder (donate more money) than Microsoft or Raytheon or Subaru or General Electric then you DO NOT HAVE A VOICE! Your voice, your needs, your dreams and desires are all drowned out by the “voice” of big money..CORPORATIONS ARE PEOPLE TOO! If you don’t like the fact that giant multi-billion dollar corporations are out-donating you so that ONLY their voice is heard then all you simply have to do is DONATE more money than Microsoft or Raytheon and you will have your “voice” back. If you can’t afford to outspend Raytheon in order to be heard then too bad, work harder, save more, spend less……

So simple even an idiot can figure it out…..CORPORATIONS ARE PEOPLE TOO! 🤬

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Neighbor belongs to a union and said he supports Democratic Party no matter how bad! He even supports Quisling Joe!!!

Neibhor is a idiot

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You must of had an experience similar to what my ol' daddy had back in the 1960s. He got it in for a janitor at the DD plant he worked at and fired him. The union said "not so fast, what is your justification". The man had a hearing and was reinstated. That was hard to swallow for a retired USN officer so he absolutely hated unions forevermore. But he had to look at that janitor every day.

He didn't like it that I was union, but tough sheit.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why doo unions insist that everyone belong to a union? If they were so great then everyone would be happy to join! Unions should not support just one party because many members don’t. Unions should focus on minimizing union dues and negotiating contracts and that’s it.

[Linked Image from ]
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Quote;

Let that sink in.....
People are suffering from inflation, increased tax's , health care cost etc..... but Buzzy hunts 2 months a year and gets paid... by taxpayers....
He has no clue where inflation comes from.... typical Bolshevik
The old axiom, there is no free lunch is true

Jealous much?

Meh, don't care.

Page 29 of 39 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 38 39

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (35, 257_X_50, afisher, alffe, 6mmCreedmoor, 7 invisible), 837 guests, and 823 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,915
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.