Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Would this gun be a push feed or a CRF? I found one, but it's not stated and I can't see the serial.

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
CRF; 5 or 6 digit.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Brazosdog
Would this gun be a push feed or a CRF? I found one, but it's not stated and I can't see the serial.

If it has "classic" in the name, it is a CRF.

You didn't read this in your other thread did you???:

Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Brazosdog
I’m a bit confused myself. The rifles I am exclusively looking at are post 64 CRF rifles. I am not looking at push feed.

Where did I go wrong with my words to cause confusion? I need to make sure I know what the heck I’m talking about and I’m clearly not as versed as I should be. I guess I got XTR stuck in my head because I looked at one and now realize it was push feed which is why I wasn’t interested.

Either way, the rifles I’m interested in are CRF “classic” rifles. I thought XTR was one I found but perhaps not. All I know is that I want walnut and wanted to see if it was feasible to replace the plastic stocked stainless crf with a different stock.

No problem. When you said “XTR”, that had me thinking it was a pushfeed. Which all XTR models are. Then after further thinking about it, as AK explained, it couldn’t be an XTR because they we’re basically discontinued in 1989. The stainless pushfeed was introduced sometime in ‘92, with the reintroduction of the CRF, which was not available since 1963. Except for a few custom shop CRF rifles that were built from around 1989 (according to some). The post 64 CRF Newhaven rifles were known as “Classics”, since they used what they referred to as the pre 64 controlled round feed action. Even though it was slightly modified and also not machined exactly like the original. They also had som MIM parts, which some don’t like. So not an exact prev64 action.

Also, don’t even get me started on the newest rendition, which some gun writers here even refer to as the “classic”, as the last classic was made in 2006. The BACO is a Browning and will never be referred to as a “classic” action model 70. No matter how much a gun writer here writes it. That’s just facts.

So when guys say “XTR”, most times they are talking about the pushfeed. Also your question about the finish would have one believe you were talking about the extra care and polishing the “XTR” rifles received.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
No, I didn't see that, but now I have. Thank you all. I just want to get my head around some things.

So, I am looking specifically for a Classic Sporter, walnut, in .270, preferably 7mm....that is a pretty particular newer version, but that's what I am after now.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (007FJ, 160user, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 53 invisible), 2,347 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,509
Posts18,472,370
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.