Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
G
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
Wanted to give the Viper Trick a try this fall so I had my lgs/archery shop order a pack for me. In case they caught the owners eye, he ordered two packs so he could keep one for himself. He normally doesn’t stock that brand for some reason.

I checked in this past Saturday and grabbed my 4-pack and headed home. I attached the blades and noticed one would not allow you to slide the blades in the shaft. Wasn’t machined correctly. Two others were no-go, as one was cross threaded and another wouldn’t fit in the insert at all. I’m batting .250 now…one out of four. The lgs gave me the other pack ordered and three out of four were able to be assembled and spun into the insert.

It took two 4-packs to get four good brodheads.

I assume they’re now made in China???

Last edited by Godogs57; 09/06/23.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
GB1

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
That’s terrible.
I used slick tricks years ago, with excellent results.

NRA Patron
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Wanted to give the Viper Trick a try this fall

Yup - from what I’ve been told by the local shop. The QC went noticeably down when the “new” four packs came out - and they dropped the clam shell blister packs.

I used Vipers on Idaho elk, they were good heads until the change, buggered threads, incomplete machining - as you’ve experienced.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
When the company was sold several years ago - many said quality would go down. Companies that buy companies that have built a following/customer base - buy them with $$ in mind .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Wanted to give the Viper Trick a try this fall so I had my lgs/archery shop order a pack for me. In case they caught the owners eye, he ordered two packs so he could keep one for himself. He normally doesn’t stock that brand for some reason.

I checked in this past Saturday and grabbed my 4-pack and headed home. I attached the blades and noticed one would not allow you to slide the blades in the shaft. Wasn’t machined correctly. Two others were no-go, as one was cross threaded and another wouldn’t fit in the insert at all. I’m batting .250 now…one out of four. The lgs gave me the other pack ordered and three out of four were able to be assembled and spun into the insert.

It took two 4-packs to get four good brodheads.

I got the Viper Tricks and blades were too long and so the feral would not set flush agents the arrow inserts so when spun they wobbled. I called Slick Trick and they took them back and they sent me the 4 blade 125 standard instead, then I also had the same problem getting the blades into the ferrule. I took some sandpaper and worked over the slots and got the blades to fit. The 4 blade standers spin good.

It is not about what you kill, it is about the hunt....
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (007FJ, 1minute, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 62 invisible), 2,423 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,793
Posts18,496,170
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.