Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
My newest rig ready to test....Thursday looks good. smile

RFD LVS, RB/RP, 6PPC .269 neck, Speedy 'Millenia' stock with a slick weight system. The story of the gun is incredibly interesting...too much to post.

Good shootin' -Al

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Forbidden Zoner
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nice. 100/200 yard tack driver stuff. Looks great.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
You sure have some neat toys

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Very nice

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Iā€™d bet it probably beats MOA, huh? šŸ˜

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Al_Nyhus
That looks like a very specific roughness you were trying to achieve on the bottom of the stock.

Politics is War by Other Means
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
You do very nice work... šŸ‘Œ

RB/RP peaks my interest. No speed shooting? šŸ¤­

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tyrone
That looks like a very specific roughness you were trying to achieve on the bottom of the stock.

Good eyes. The carbon fiber texture holds the bag powder very well...you don't need as much of it. -Al

Forbidden Zoner
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG

I'm not someone that can put 5 well aimed shots down there in 15 seconds. For me, 25 seconds is about as quick as I can do it with good results. In my part of the country, you're lucky if you can get 3 off before the flags move around too much. Even then, you're holding off for each shot a skosh. If you start at the wrong time, you're really in trouble. The thing about going fast is that you have to be able to stop fast too. My Score shooting mentality is pretty ingrained so in Group shooting, it's better if I just plod along and try to be there at the end in the Agg.

These 6PPC's are extremely hard to stay on top of the tune with all day long. The really good shooters are very intuitive about tune up changes and often do them before ever seeing anything tune up related on target.

It was working pretty well this morning for the first time out...just scanning loads with 3 shot groups. There's a bit of vertical there that some seating depth work should bring around. Then again, some Group shooters tune for a bit of vertical as they feel those loads shoot a bit better in a cross wind.

Good to keep our brains workin', for sure. smile

Good shootin' -Al

Forbidden Zoner
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

I'm not someone that can put 5 well aimed shots down there in 15 seconds. For me, 25 seconds is about as quick as I can do it with good results. In my part of the country, you're lucky if you can get 3 off before the flags move around too much. Even then, you're holding off for each shot a skosh. If you start at the wrong time, you're really in trouble. The thing about going fast is that you have to be able to stop fast too. My Score shooting mentality is pretty ingrained so in Group shooting, it's better if I just plod along and try to be there at the end in the Agg.

These 6PPC's are extremely hard to stay on top of the tune with all day long. The really good shooters are very intuitive about tune up changes and often do them before ever seeing anything tune up related on target.

It was working pretty well this morning for the first time out...just scanning loads with 3 shot groups. There's a bit of vertical there that some seating depth work should bring around. Then again, some Group shooters tune for a bit of vertical as they feel those loads shoot a bit better in a cross wind.

Good to keep our brains workin', for sure. smile

Good shootin' -Al

Yup, there's a difference in strategy between a group and a score match. We had a few guys that wouldn't shoot score matches because it didn't fit their style. The majority of ranges around here are like shooting in a bowl, rapidly switching winds making it hard to pick a dominant condition. I like the LP even in score shooting for time management. Right hand opens the bolt while the left is reaching for the loading block. Drop the fresh round in front of the fired round, grab the spent case on the way out. Close the bolt and slide the gun forward as soon as the fingers clear the port, ready to rock when the gun hits the front stop. Those who can't walk and chew gum at the same time need not apply... šŸ˜
Put the next two shots in the middle of that group and you're GTG. šŸ˜Ž

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
As the wave form shows, the tune was predictable and repeatable. -Al

Forbidden Zoner
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Yup, there's a difference in strategy between a group and a score match. We had a few guys that wouldn't shoot score matches because it didn't fit their style. The majority of ranges around here are like shooting in a bowl, rapidly switching winds making it hard to pick a dominant condition. I like the LP even in score shooting for time management. Right hand opens the bolt while the left is reaching for the loading block. Drop the fresh round in front of the fired round, grab the spent case on the way out. Close the bolt and slide the gun forward as soon as the fingers clear the port, ready to rock when the gun hits the front stop. Those who can't walk and chew gum at the same time need not apply... šŸ˜
Put the next two shots in the middle of that group and you're GTG. šŸ˜Ž

My current Panda is a RB/LP/RE but I've had them in RB/RP and RB/LP too. I like this Panda's TG ejector but honestly, on an action like the Panda that has the bigger loading port, I can run a R/R non ejector just as smoothly and still be able to keep my left hand on the Farley's handle. We're splitting crumbs but crumbs add up to a nugget. smile Pressing the trigger at the wrong time turns all the nuggets to dust, though. grin

Good shootin' -Al

Forbidden Zoner
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As the wave form shows, the tune was predictable and repeatable. -Al
Al, how much accuracy do you attribute to "tune"? Does it turn a .25" gun into a .10" gun or can it even turn a .75" gun into a .25" gun? What is the largest possible magnitude of the effect?

Politics is War by Other Means

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, BALLISTIK, 300_savage, 13 invisible), 1,481 guests, and 903 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,214
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.